2019 Greatest Spectacle in Racing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 Greatest Spectacle in Racing

'Tis the month of May. Time for the 103rd running of the Indy 500. The largest single day sporting event in the world. Upto 400,000 people will be there to watch.
    This year there are 36 drivers confirmed, trying for 33 spots. Alonso is back, 7 previous winners, and 7 Indy 500 rookies. They qualify at a faster average speed over 4 laps than an F1 car hits at any given time.

I would like to see Alonso win, but I don't think it'll happen this year. I've gotta go with Hinch. Whos your pick?

A new documentary is set to run right before the broadcast of the race about Mario. This is a little teaser they've just released. Looks like it will be very good to watch.

Comment

Such amazing storyline so far. McLaren took over 24hrs to rebuild their backup car, yet Juncos does it in less than 12. A dirt midget team that bought a car on a whim put it in the show yesterday. Canadian Hinchcliffe wrecked, flipped and destroyed his car in Qualifying. His backup was ready in 2.5hrs and provisionally put it in the show.

The bottom 6 (3 make it in, and 3 go home) starts at noon today, and the fast 9 (determines) the front 3 rows and pole starts after.

Comment

Alonso and McLaren fail to qualify for the race. This has got to be embarrassing for McLaren. Apparently they even made a last ditch effort and threw a bunch of money at Andretti Autosport for a damper package overnight, but it wasn’t enough. You gotta think Alonso is gonna ditch McLaren soon.

Hinchcliffe is in though!!!

Comment

Jesus, what a mess that is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah he wanted to win and doesn't even qualify. Should just run with a proven team again.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Comment

Yup. I bet he’ll be with ECR next year. I would say Andretti, but they use Honda’s so I’m not sure that will work. But if McLaren is out, then maybe.

Comment

Working...
              X