Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Champcar,Chump Car,AER,CER endurance racing.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Busted!
    You can use my referral code to get 1,500 free Supercharger km on a new Tesla:
    http://ts.la/douglas8947

Comment

Here's our Sunday race video (camera didn't work on Saturday). Audio isn't synced very well, but other than that the video is good.

T is up first, I'm second, so you don't need to watch all 10 hours to find us. It's busy out there - you can see that all laps were impacted by traffic. Crazy hot - people getting out of the car after two hours were on the verge of heat stroke... or actually in heat stroke. You can see me grabbing the drinking tube on the front and back straights of almost every lap - I completely drained the thing by the end of the session.

It was a lot of fun. At the beginning while still getting in the groove I had trouble getting around an annoying car that was fast in a straight line and liked to block and/or turn in on you. Got my act together and passed him and then immediately did my fastest lap on #76. Right after that I pass Twoth #552, but then it gets real messy into Corner 1 when a car locks up and he turns back instead of using the escape road. Later on had a wee bit of contact on lap #90 (that same annoying car from the beginning LOL), so I pit for a check over. Damage was luckily minor but I did thankfully score a refill of my cool shirt. Also had a nice brown pants moment on lap #93 when a Porsche decided to chop across my nose in heavy traffic. Other than that lots of great racing.

One thing about this car, it has power steering delete and and a higher steering ratio to compensate. That makes it necessary to shuffle your hands to turn the wheel far enough. So in the tight corners, which many of them are, our hands are shuffling around. Strange thing is we've gotten used to the car and don't really notice it while driving, even though it looks super awkward.

Comment

I got a new suit.

Comment

like.. after?

Comment

A week before.

Comment

Originally posted by tbs View Post
              A week before.
              Super light alpine stars?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Comment

Super light sparco

Comment

Flyweight

Comment

Well shannonville was fun.

Ran 3h20minutes Saturday. We finished fourth. Hot. Finished 4th overall. Weird kind of set up with the qualifying now in Lucky Dog racing. We qualified like 15th since slower driver. They arbitrarily assign classes based on lap times then switch as they see fit in the race.

Today ran my stint first as Inwas going to run the last hour too in a 9h race.

We were running second and car blew a transmission linkage. Got tranny into 4th and he did 6 laps. Then blew an alternator connector. We packed up and came home there was only 1h left and we weren’t in the running anymore.

I’m on a cloud with my weekend. I was driving really good for all 5.5hours on the track. Also did a 30min lapping session on Friday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What were lap times with that shoe?

Comment

I hope it picks up steam. 23 drivers? Same as CMP.

Comment

Originally posted by mphysk View Post
                          What were lap times with that shoe?
                          2,07 was best.

Comment

With junkyard motor.

Comment

Cool cool. That’s not horrible!

Comment

6A7473C2-17B4-4AE8-ADEF-3B73384A1D44.jpeg

4FDD62BD-A121-4A32-9A56-A7721395F1A7.jpeg

Comment

Working...
                                X