Calabogie Challenge Racing 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmmmmm

I have but one question/suggestion. You've been chatting about a longer race this week, but this is only 30 minutes?! If this is standalone make it at least 45. While i'm only gt, i already have the hans n cage....

Comment

I angled for a longer race but was told 30 minutes. Maybe we could make it 45 with no qualifying? Cars could be gridded in a ‘best guess on laptimes’ format decided by an organizer. Or position is voted on by a random child based upon the ‘loudest’ shirt worn by attendees to the drivers meeting.

Or we pick names out of a hat.
      Twice I've asked, and thrice you've ignored.

Comment

Position numbers out of a hat sounds fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Jethr0 View Post

As someone who is a pylon the single most important piece of advice I can give you is : hold your line. Don’t try to “get out of the way”.
          This! Nothing scarier than trying to pass a car that is all over the track. Don’t have a clue WTF they are going to do.

Comment

I should also make it clear that in this whole situation I’m like a concept car designer. I’m not worried about what will actually work I’m just trying to build something cool. The powers that be will turn it into something actually suitable for mass consumption.

Comment

Originally posted by FPOS View Post
              While i'm only gt, i already have the hans n cage....
              While this potential race has absolutely nothing to do with the challenge series if your car would qualify for PT then you should be able to run it. Pending organizer approval of the driver of course :-)

Comment

Originally posted by FPOS View Post
                If this is standalone make it at least 45.
                30 minutes on short track feels like an hour. But I’m with you on wanting a longer race. If someone finds 45 minutes is too long they can just get off after 30. It’s not like you’ll be losing any points :-)

Comment

Originally posted by i12xlr8 View Post

30 minutes on short track feels like an hour. But I’m with you on wanting a longer race. If someone finds 45 minutes is too long they can just get off after 30. It’s not like you’ll be losing any points :-)
                  Just make sure you have a good left front!

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Petawawarace View Post
                    Libre too?? We can’t do more than 30 minutes on a tank, but maybe pit, get out, fuel, strap back in, and still beat Grant?
                    Something something closed wheels vs open wheels? Get some fenders for those go-karts and you could be in.

Maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Slick View Post
                      We race for beers.
                      (but always counting points..)
                      And bragging rights to say I beat Grant. Although not happening this year due to break downs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

So...I’m only beating you because you broke down? No way I’m being your bitch. I’ll show you how it is on the 15th.

Comment

Originally posted by i12xlr8 View Post
                          So...I’m only beating you because you broke down?
                          Yup, pretty much that :P

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mightymousetech View Post

This! Nothing scarier than trying to pass a car that is all over the track. Don’t have a clue WTF they are going to do.
                            This one time there was this Honda....

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Comment

It's fine.

Comment

Spd-klz, if i didn't get run over when i started, you're gonna be fine!!! Gt is not much crazier than just plain lapping. You can handle that n not get black flagged, you can handle slick comin up on your ass at a high rate of speed!! Stay calm, do the point by, all will be well.

Comment

Working...
                                X