Calabogie Challenge Racing 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1morelap View Post
    You want to race on the 31st ? Stadium track?
    HELLO!!!

Comment

Yes I do. But scheduling would be a thing. Will try to make it happen though if it’s a possibility.
      Twice I've asked, and thrice you've ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by luker View Post
        I know a guy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
        But I want that guy at the races too...

Comment

Moar info?
          You can use my referral code to get 1,500 free Supercharger km on a new Tesla:
          http://ts.la/douglas8947

Comment

Lets RACE!
            Sarcasm is overrated

Comment

Calabogie calendar is empty for the 31st...for the love of God I need details!!!

Comment

Ok. Trying to gauge interest for the remote possibility of a door to door race on August 31st. No points, no swapping results with other dates, just on track with friends having a great time. Exhibition race unrelated to the Challenge series. I’ve texted everyone I can so am reaching out to everyone else here.

No idea on cost or length. Door to door means cage and HANS so will have to exclude GT level guys. But if demand is high enough we could have a separate race for the GT crew and if so there will be a negotiated gap to allow for refueling and gridding (or so the dream goes...).

If a GT style race happens then it could be the perfect opportunity to try the series out! Greg approval pending of course.

Some have asked if this race could be a points race used to compensate for any races they’ve missed in the season. I can’t see that working but that would be Matt’s call I guess.

Comment

While I don't race, if bodies are needed to help make this run, mark me up as volunteer.

Comment

You guys race for points?

Comment

We race for beers.
                      (but always counting points..)
                      Last edited by Slick; 08-15-2019, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by i12xlr8 View Post
                        Door to door means cage and HANS so will have to exclude GT level guys.
                        Damn.
                        Ok, I'll do pace car, but you guys will need to keep up.

Comment

Libre too?? We can’t do more than 30 minutes on a tank, but maybe pit, get out, fuel, strap back in, and still beat Grant?

Comment

All the things are always on days when I already have stuff!

Comment

Very hazy details so far but here’s what I know.

Has to be classed door to door OR point by so some will be excluded because they don’t want point by or aren’t set up for door to door. Likely will go door to door but numbers talk.

30 minute race on short track, 20 minute qualifying

No points. There might be a blow up doll for first place, might be more.

There will be lapping and time attacking so lots of opportunity to be on the track plenty before the race.

Race time has been nailed down to Bell Canada service levels...so sometime on Saturday.

Race fee will be $300. No deals for Challenge racers as this is an unrelated event.

More when I know more. Once we have a name for this thing and more details I’ll start a thread and start signing people up.

I still have questions for Greg...

Comment

Ahem...

Comment

Working...
                                X