Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mikeman View Post
    it's silly season already!
    Lol. This isn’t winter level foolishness...just idle chatter. I want to race more and I want to do it here against my racing family. Figured talking about it might get people on my side about more competitive time.
    Twice I've asked, and thrice you've ignored.

Comment

Big race weekends are the best.

Fyi, feature race usually closes a race weekend.

Also, race weekends are always about hurry up and wait... Not just for the lower series. @ GP3R pre-grid was 60min before race, mock grid was 30min before race!

IMO, do NOT remove the PT races from race weekends.

Personally, I chose not to run the series this year because it was too big a time commitment. I instead chose to do 2-3 race weekends to compete in.

Advantages:
      -Less time away from home/family
      -Less time prepping the car (don't have to do it every week for the next race)
      -roughly same amount of track time in 3 weekends vs. season of PT
      -feels more "legit", part of something bigger, tons more cars
      -family is more interested in joining because weekend away, 8legs wives/daughters come, makes it a much more "team" environment.

Disadvantages:
      -If your car breaks, you've spent a lot of money to not drive
      -lots of downtime between racing
      -need licence

Opinions are like assholes, tight?*

*That was a typo, but funny so I left it.... *Right*

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited by sb_915; 08-15-2019, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Slick View Post
          Mandatory 5min pit to refuel?
          No way I could go one hour on a tank of fuel.
          Hell, I blew though 8 litres of water/meth in the last 20 min race!

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
          8L?!?!?!?! Holy christ man. When i did my hour long beating i did bout 1/2 tank of fuel and bout 650ml of meth. Joo got yerself a little piglet there!!!!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Comment

If nothing changes to add more track time in the Challenge series then I’ll likely get my race license and try to run in Super Production or something similar. Just need a truck and trailer again

Comment

Originally posted by FPOS View Post
              8L?!?!?!?! Holy christ man. When i did my hour long beating i did bout 1/2 tank of fuel and bout 650ml of meth. Joo got yerself a little piglet there!!!!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
              Kinda overdid it on WM. Chris told me engine is running way too lean, so I over compensated with WM to get AFR's down for the race, but went too much and even lost some power (ask Grant).

Will be adjusting the ecu tune to fix the real issue but for now was playing with WM.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by i12xlr8 View Post
                If nothing changes to add more track time in the Challenge series then I’ll likely get my race license and try to run in Super Production or something similar. Just need a truck and trailer again
                Yeah I got my race license. Had a great time at the race weekend last year when GT Sprints etc. was at Calabogie. This year they didn't come, which was disappointing.

I was considering going to some events at Mosport or Tremblant, but my car has been unreliable. So I'm thinking I'll just nurse it through the last couple of races and then get it sorted (hopefully) over the winter.

Super Production has some interesting rules. All cars must have a data logging system configured in a particular way. Also the vehicle must have been for sale in Canada within the last 15 years. Link
                You can use my referral code to get 1,500 free Supercharger km on a new Tesla:
                http://ts.la/douglas8947

Comment

Well, I’m out then.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick View Post
                    but went too much and even lost some power (ask Grant).
                    He was at my level of speed on the straights so was down quite a bit. It was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by dbg View Post
                      Super Production has some interesting rules. All cars must have a data logging system configured in a particular way. Also the vehicle must have been for sale in Canada within the last 15 years. Link
                      That was an interesting read about classes/limits/rules... thanks for the link.

Comment

Crazy have to have the latest aim always?

So when new model comes out there going to be a lot of aim systems available?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Comment

I know a guy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, I’m out then.
                            No you aren't. 8legs is running their e46, you'll be fine. And your racepak should be ok for data.

All they need is rpm & GPS position iirc.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Says you need throttle position sensor.
                              You can use my referral code to get 1,500 free Supercharger km on a new Tesla:
                              http://ts.la/douglas8947

Comment

You want to race on the 31st ? Stadium track?

Comment

Working...
                                X