No announcement yet.

Calabogie Challenge Racing 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some open exhibition race(s) on the test day would be cool too. No obligation, but if you want in you’re in. No classes, no points, just fun.

And make it an hour
    Twice I've asked, and thrice you've ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by i12xlr8 View Post
      Doug, that safety car issue was all me as had I caught up right away we might have been able to restart. That being said, I really like the weekend events. It wouldn’t be a deal breaker for me if they didn’t happen but I like getting more racing squished into a shorter period of time.
      I don't think they should have done the safety car at all. Arek was parked in one of the safest spots I can think of that's not behind Armaco. They should have just kept the yellow flag out in that corner, and kept on racing.

Heck they didn't stop the race when I was stranded inside 3 on a later race. And my car was on fire at the time!

The real issue was that the race had a negligible duration to begin with.

I’d love a full day of Challenge racing...drivers meeting at 8:30am then each series (GT, Libre, then PT) runs 45 minute races back to back with 10-15 minutes in between. Then stop for lunch, rinse and repeat for the afternoon. A special day just for us stay at home grass roots racers. Maybe throw in a 1morelap event that night so all the boyz can have a social afterwards.

One can dream...
      That would be cool, but I suspect that financial realities preclude something like that.

With the 5-7 time slot we're getting "leftover" time, which doesn't supplant other paying customers. We're mostly only competing with 1morelap for that time slot.
      You can use my referral code to get 1,500 free Supercharger km on a new Tesla:
      http://ts.la/douglas8947

Comment

I’d love a full day of Challenge racing...drivers meeting at 8:30am then each series (GT, Libre, then PT) runs 45 minute races back to back with 10-15 minutes in between. Then stop for lunch, rinse and repeat for the afternoon. A special day just for us stay at home grass roots racers. Maybe throw in a 1morelap event that night so all the boyz can have a social afterwards.

One can dream...
        Holy crap that would be amazeballs.

On the fence about 12 race season.

Fully on board with decoupling from race weekends. I am probably in the minority here in that i really don't like WATCHING racing so the hassle in the paddock is not worth it to me. As well as the fact that i generally burn precious wife points sitting around all day waiting in the paddock for the race....

Acknowledge this is from someone whose race season was DOA this year...

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Comment

The full 3 challenge series day would be cool. Could probably do it all in an afternoon/evening.

Comment

Originally posted by FPOS View Post
            Fully on board with decoupling from race weekends. I am probably in the minority here in that i really don't like WATCHING racing so the hassle in the paddock is not worth it to me. As well as the fact that i generally burn precious wife points sitting around all day waiting in the paddock for the race....
            Yeah... fully agreed on the wife points. My wife is very supportive but she doesn't like it when I'm gone all day. VIR was very expensive on wife points, but well worth it. Sitting around the paddock all day, not so much.

Comment

I would love more races! This year I find it silly that I don't get to race because some people want to cottage. If you want to go to the cottage, go to the cottage by all means but we wait a hell of a long time for a very short summer and for us not to race is silly.

A couple of thoughts:

-If the championship is that big a deal, have the 12 races and only count the points from your 9 best races. If people only want to buy and race 9 races, let them at the current package price.

-We should be able to race on another day, I think Sundays would be cool but I doubt other people agree.

-An all day GT/PT/L/1ML day would be awesome.
              Sarcasm is overrated

Comment

I think if there were enough people, one big feature would be an hour long race. I can see that being a problem for some in terms of fuel capacity (only bout 1/2 tank on mine!) but man that would be epic.

Comment

Let's just go F1 style and do 21 races lol.

I like the idea of more races, but I'm sure the big draw is the price of the current race season (I'd pay more for more races though). Another is the cost and logistics for Bogie to fit more races into the season.

I'm not a fan of Fridays at all, gotta leave the shop early, plus weekday traffic as well, but let's remember that we had less attendance last year, even to a point that we had to combine a combined GT/PT race once. (or twice?).

Is that because of Fridays? Maybe, maybe not. If Fridays are getting us better participation, that means more racers, that's more close competition and I'm all for that.

I like the race weekend format personally. I get to see what/who else is racing, compare lap times, talk to other racers, etc... Yeah, there's waiting (less for us in GT I guess), but a leisurely afternoon to prep for the race and also a "ME" day.

I'm torn on the throwaway event(s) idea. In time attack it was good, but it was to make it easier to select an event to skip based on logistics (like TMP for us, or CMP to Torontonians). But all other race series are set up for attendance. You can't win if you don't show.

I would've actually done better this year if I could scratch the event I putted around slowly and got 7th due to overheating but it also balances out with other participants too.

More events? yes
                  More Saturdays? yes
                  More trusting CMP to do the right thing for the series? yes.

We are in good hands.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FPOS View Post
                    I think if there were enough people, one big feature would be an hour long race. I can see that being a problem for some in terms of fuel capacity (only bout 1/2 tank on mine!) but man that would be epic.

Mandatory 5min pit to refuel?
                    No way I could go one hour on a tank of fuel.
                    Hell, I blew though 8 litres of water/meth in the last 20 min race!

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Comment

Open wheel guys can’t do an hour, but I would be interested in a longer race. Ive done hours stints in endurance races but I’m curious how I would do in a formula car until I run out of fuel. Probably would be just 5 extra laps.

Every Calabogie series together for a day sounds like fun

Comment

My arms are done at 20 mins. I almost quit last race

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Comment

I should be able to make an hour...but would be willing to accept a 45 minute endurance.

On short track. Bring it on.
                          Twice I've asked, and thrice you've ignored.

Comment

I don’t know if my spine can take it. Feels fine during race until I pass Redneck Bistro, than I’m searching my armrest for my bottle of Advil’s.. I should trade my iPhone for a flip phone.

My muscles are fine, but that adds to my weight disadvantage. My cardio and mental focus are strong.

Comment

Just did several two hour stints. In for endurance.

Comment

it's silly season already!

Comment

Working...
                                X