No announcement yet.

Calabogie Challenge Racing 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With a 2:35 we probably wouldn't catch you. Back of the pack has been much quicker lately, we only caught maybe one or two in the last few races.

Don't think we caught anyone in the last race but it was shortened by 10 mins.

Top tip, hold your line and point by as soon as there is room, fast cars can likely drive a line around you, let off if needed.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Comment

Do it Chris!
      Sarcasm is overrated

Comment

Just be predictable and don’t worry about being too slow. Once you get a few races in you’ll realize that’s not a concern. Nobody cares how fast you are going except those you are battling with. If all I had to race with was a 3:00 car I’d still be out there doing it as long as I had someone to play with.
        Twice I've asked, and thrice you've ignored.

Comment

opps, brb
          Last edited by faster; 08-13-2019, 09:33 PM.
          Sarcasm is overrated

Comment

Put together the full race video from Friday. Have both front and rear cams:

Front Cam:

Rear Cam:

I put both videos on at he same time on a dual monitor system, very neat to watch. Pass in Quarry happens at 5:30.
            Sarcasm is overrated

Comment

you'll do great Chris. You can always ask for someone to ride with you, but I really don't think you need it.

Comment

I selfishly love both of those videos. It’s great watching your race from someone else’s perspective.

I love that with almost any car on track I can get right up close and not worry that they are going to freak out or do something unpredictable. Expect James in Temptation I guess...leave lots of space there

Comment

Lol.. loved it to. Will watch again. Pretty much a front row seat to my full race. Well... until you started pulling away from me as the race went on. Great driving, btw!
                  Geoff Chislett
                  Principal Broker, Franchise Owner
                  Mortgage Alliance Ottawa
                  http://www.mortgagealliance.com/geoffchislett
                  613-227-8813

Ask me how you could win $100,000!

Comment

Thank you Geoff.
                    Sarcasm is overrated

Comment

I know not everyone racing in this series is on here but I wanted to informally ask if there is an appetite for adding races to next season. Obviously the cost would increase to reflect it and I’m sure scheduling might be an issue but I’d like to run something like 12 races instead of 9 if I had any control over it.

For me the perfect season would be races every 3 weekends throughout the season (which is the schedule plan right now) with gaps of two weeks instead of 4 weeks where 3 doesn’t work and an extra race day with 2-3 races in it catered towards our series. Maybe that doesn’t work as a stand alone and we have to race in the middle and at the end of an HPDE day for example...which would be cool for everyone involved I would think. We get to race and those training get to watch

This could be shot down right away by Matt or Greg for any number of reasons and I’m not asking with any authority. Just wanted to know if anyone out there also wants more race time if it was made available.

Comment

I'm inclined to agree that more race evenings would be fun - assuming Calabogie can schedule them - but I also have another related thought.

We have these big race weekends, where the GT and PT series have a few races during the event. Although in some ways it is fun to be there with the energy of the race weekend, it's otherwise pretty much a pain in the butt.

It's pretty clear we're the low guys on the totem pole. So we end up showing up early for driver's meeting / practice / qualification and then end up waiting around the entire day to get our racing in.

On top of that, because we're last our races get cut short if other events run overtime. One of the PT races this year was a disaster. We only got about ten minutes of race time, and on top of that we got just a few laps before the (completely unneeded IMHO) safety car took us all the way to the end. That was a damp squib.

I'd come out for sure if there was an extra non-series race we could participate in at extra cost. But otherwise I massively prefer the much more laid-back evening race format. I know Greg had to move mountains to get us in on the race weekend, but maybe that was too much of a stretch to make it work.
                        You can use my referral code to get 1,500 free Supercharger km on a new Tesla:
                        http://ts.la/douglas8947

Comment

Why are they every Friday night (except for the last one).
                          I find it hard to manage...any week night would work better, or weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by karmaboy View Post
                            Why are they every Friday night (except for the last one).
                            I find it hard to manage...any week night would work better, or weekends.
                            Because when they were mostly on Saturdays people complained in PT/GT, we had less entries and a survey indicated Friday was better.

Can't speak to the Libre schedule. You guys used to mostly be Thursdays.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by luker; 08-14-2019, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Doug, that safety car issue was all me as had I caught up right away we might have been able to restart. That being said, I really like the weekend events. It wouldn’t be a deal breaker for me if they didn’t happen but I like getting more racing squished into a shorter period of time.

I’d love a full day of Challenge racing...drivers meeting at 8:30am then each series (GT, Libre, then PT) runs 45 minute races back to back with 10-15 minutes in between. Then stop for lunch, rinse and repeat for the afternoon. A special day just for us stay at home grass roots racers. Maybe throw in a 1morelap event that night so all the boyz can have a social afterwards.

One can dream...

Comment

Originally posted by luker View Post
                                Because when they were mostly on Saturdays people complained in PT/GT, we had less entries and a survey indicated FRIDAY was better.
                                FIXED

Comment

Working...
                                X