X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by faster View Post
    On another note, dig the bear video:

Bear crosses just after 9a.
    Nice vid. And nice pass by the way. That's always a scary place to do it!
    You can use my referral code to get 1,500 free Supercharger km on a new Tesla:
    http://ts.la/douglas8947

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeman View Post
      I know James hit that cone ... Who hit the mink on the apex tho ?
      I was also using the Dave line in 8 lol

Lol at the bear too. Fffffffff!
      Was a ground hog apparently. Was there in GT race so... it was annoying as I had to change exit slightly

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Comment

i ran it over once

Comment

lol, I think I clipped it a couple times too. Or, in my mind I clipped it because he was the perfect apex marker. and, in my mind, I clip all the apexes perfectly. lol.
          Geoff Chislett
          Principal Broker, Franchise Owner
          Mortgage Alliance Ottawa
          http://www.mortgagealliance.com/geoffchislett
          613-227-8813

Ask me how you could win $100,000!

Comment

Originally posted by dbg View Post

Nice vid. And nice pass by the way. That's always a scary place to do it!
            Thanks Doug!
            Sarcasm is overrated

Comment

I kept to the inside of the James-cone but close to the end of the race tried to stunt drive and clip it with the rear wheel to launch it off the track. Never came close.
              Twice I've asked, and thrice you've ignored.

Comment

Stupid question...Do you and/or how often do you lap the GT3 guys? I've talked to quite a few of you this year about possibly trying one of the dates in September to get a feel for it and see if it's something I want to do in 2020. Biggest concern is getting in the way of the big-boy cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Spd-Kilz View Post
                  Stupid question...Do you and/or how often do you lap the GT3 guys? I've talked to quite a few of you this year about possibly trying one of the dates in September to get a feel for it and see if it's something I want to do in 2020. Biggest concern is getting in the way of the big-boy cars.
                  As someone who is a pylon the single most important piece of advice I can give you is : hold your line. Don’t try to “get out of the way”.

Comment

Originally posted by Jethr0 View Post

As someone who is a pylon the single most important piece of advice I can give you is : hold your line. Don’t try to “get out of the way”.
                    This. Drive your line and they will get around you.

Also, since this is point by, you control when and where the pass happens.

Lastly, I believe on long track the slow cars usually only get lapped once. Fast peeps are doing 2:20-21, slow peeps might be 2:35-40. Most of the races are available on Speedhive so you can see lap times and number of laps completed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

I like to think I am very good at giving point-bys. Having a relatively 'slow' car I am hyper-aware to cars around me. I noticed this especially doing some HPDE days and the Club Calabogie where the caliber of cars is slightly higher than what you typically see at 1morelap.

I think my car can do 2:36-2:38 consistently. I've seen low 2:35 once and on a clear track I did high 2:36's consistently over I think at least half a dozen laps or more. Now how accurate is my iPhone with Harry's Lap Timer on it...who really knows.

Comment

Very accurate. Within a thousand

Comment

Originally posted by wing View Post
                          Very accurate. Within a thousand

Even with 1 Hz on my phone? I picked up an external 5 Hz GPS receiver to try out. Was cheap so figured it was worth a shot.

Comment

Yes the time will be very close. I used the shittest android phone and my times were within 100 usually from the timing loop system.

And that could be more where the lap starts and ends then the accuracy of the GPS.

What the better GPS frequency will give you is more accurate speed, positioning etc.

Comment

FWIW the miatas are currently in the 2:35+ range, and I only get passed once by most or all of PT1. so it's only a handful of passes per race, it's not generally a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeman View Post
                                FWIW the miatas are currently in the 2:35+ range, and I only get passed once by most or all of PT1. so it's only a handful of passes per race, it's not generally a big deal.
                                Almost got you in race 6 when leading PT2, if I have 1morelap

But yes at 2:35's you will be fine and MIGHT get passed once by some of the GT1 cars.
                                Last edited by luker; 08-12-2019, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X