No announcement yet.

Calabogie Challenge Racing 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are in the points lead and taking two points away from you in a car that ran 4 seconds faster the next day is a not cool in my opinion. The two point could make a difference. /rant.
    Sarcasm is overrated

Comment

#soundslikearegulardayattheraces

It’s still a grassroots thing, right? Encouraging new participants, right? Every time someone new comes along they’re probably displacing whoever had a comfort zone where they were running. You were new to this at one point too. Don’t lose sight of that.

Comment

Those are the rules...

But something simple like a "need to have 2 or more races in the season to accumulate points" addition to the rulebook could be beneficial for everyone... People get to race, people get the plastic trophies if they won a race but dont mess up points championships in various classes!

I'm actually surprised it's not there already.

Comment

On another note, dig the bear video:

Bear crosses just after 9a.
          Last edited by faster; 08-12-2019, 08:10 AM.
          Sarcasm is overrated

Comment

I'm with Greg on this one.

I could be mad that Jim Licari just got a really fast Vette that is already at the front in GT1, stealing points. But I'm not, I think it's great he's out there racing with us, and I just need to be faster and further up the field than where I was in 4th this weekend.

It also could have worked to my advantage where he can be in between my main rival, taking an extra point from him.

Grant, I think your main beef is the classing of the car, and it should have been easily put in PT1, not sandbagging and in PT2.

If I was a gentleman racer looking to test the car, I would have looked to be placed where I wouldn't disturb things.

But I gotta say, the turnaround in participation from this time last year is great, and happy we have a sandbox to play in. Kudos to Greg and Bogie.

Last edited by Slick; 08-12-2019, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by faster View Post

Nice line in Temptation, you gained ALOT.

And ya, he almost ended up with a bear hood hornament there, daaamn

Comment

Originally posted by Slick View Post
                If I was a gentleman racer looking to test the car, I would have looked to be placed where I wouldn't disturb things.
                This.

And you are.

Sarcasm is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                  Nice line in Temptation, you gained ALOT.

And ya, he almost ended up with a bear hood hornament there, daaamn
                  My dad had the mother come across right in front of him down rockyroad last week. Brown pants moment for sure!!!

I like the cone placement in Temptation. James was trying to force everyone to stay wide there I see.. lol

Comment

lol yeah that cone was dead on the line, I couldn't decide either tight or wide... I think I went inside it each time though.

Comment

Originally posted by faster View Post

Bear crosses just after 9a.
                      Man, smooth driving Dave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jethr0 View Post
                        #soundslikearegulardayattheraces

It’s still a grassroots thing, right? Encouraging new participants, right? Every time someone new comes along they’re probably displacing whoever had a comfort zone where they were running. You were new to this at one point too. Don’t lose sight of that.
                        Lew Mackenzie isn't new at this

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slick View Post

But I gotta say, the turnaround in participation from this time last year is great, and happy we have a sandbox to play in. Kudos to Greg and Bogie.
                          Absolutely. No question.
                          Twice I've asked, and thrice you've ignored.

Comment

I know James hit that cone ... Who hit the mink on the apex tho ?
                            I was also using the Dave line in 8 lol

Lol at the bear too. Fffffffff!

Comment

Wild. I cannot wait to join this.
                              Am I talking about my Tesla? Then I'm not trolling.

Buying a Tesla and want free supercharging? Use my referral code: https://ts.la/nathaniel47954

Need detailing products for your sweet ride?
                              www.canadacarcare.ca

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeman View Post
                                I know James hit that cone ...
                                Oh no! My beautiful car! It might be scuffed!!!
                                You can use my referral code to get 1,500 free Supercharger km on a new Tesla:
                                http://ts.la/douglas8947

Comment

Working...
                                X