No announcement yet.

Calabogie Challenge Racing 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Race today was weird. Ended up qualifying 6th which was behind 3 radicals and 2 Renault's. So really I was best of the not super fast cars....

And I finished 6th so wasn't very exciting. Ran 12.9 on old tires really gotta get new ones mounted they were toast.

Put a camera on the nose of the car. Pretty cool view but all you will see all race is pavement... since nobody was in front of me.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Comment

Great job Wing! FLibre1.5 winner!

And Norm the Rookie got fastest lap of the race and finished 3rd, crazy. He's done well from the first few races.

No other issues for anyone?
      Looking at laptimes it seems there was caution laps or pace car early in the race?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah not sure who, orange Mazda went into the wall after 4, on lap 2.

I think his wing fell off then he crashed not sure. Had 3 or 4 yellow laps.

Comment

that margin of victory.

Comment

Yeah lol wow.

Comment

Originally posted by 1morelap View Post
              that margin of victory.
              Saw that. Richard waiting for that point-by or just that well-matched?

Comment

I don't know but based on competitors going to say the former.

Top 3 under a sec. I thought I was way way back, my last 3 laps were 216s or so since I had nobody behind me or ahead that I could see. If I kept my speed up it would have been only 20 secs or so not horrible.

Kind of bummed I was at the top then these bozos actually figured out how to drive those cars, now I'm out there all alone.

Bill has a new car and that came with new tires so maybe I'll be close to him again when his tires go off he never buys new ones.

We were racing really close until he got the new car.

I guess I should just pray for rain.

Comment

Michel was really fast to start, but near the end of the race, he fell way off. Then wouldn’t give a point by. The run Richard got out of 20, he could have easily drove by him, but he didn’t.

Dad ran well. Our new (old set) of tires are not as good as the last ones, but he had fun. Kimi was driving really well, and was on stickers. Dad got close a few times, but got hung up passing lapped traffic and couldn’t get close enough. Dad lost a mirror (just snapped off) and hit himself in the helmet. Easy fix.

Had a guy drive from MTL to look at our car tonight and he was impressed. Gonna talk it over with the boss.

Comment

206 seems fast. man.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick View Post
                      Great job Wing! FLibre1.5 winner!

And Norm the Rookie got fastest lap of the race and finished 3rd, crazy. He's done well from the first few races.

No other issues for anyone?
                      Looking at laptimes it seems there was caution laps or pace car early in the race?

So...Lewis Mackenzie is driving a 2:14 car? Hmmmm....
                      Twice I've asked, and thrice you've ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by wing View Post
                        Yeah not sure who, orange Mazda went into the wall after 4, on lap 2.

I think his wing fell off then he crashed not sure. Had 3 or 4 yellow laps.

Was that Lew MacKenzie? Edit: Never mind, looked down.
                        Last edited by faster; 08-11-2019, 08:12 AM.
                        Sarcasm is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by i12xlr8 View Post

So...Lewis Mackenzie is driving a 2:14 car? Hmmmm....
                          No shit. What the hell was he doing in PT2 on Friday? Dick move to run PT2 and take P1.
                          Sarcasm is overrated

Comment

Who is Daniel Pratte in Libre?

Relation to Dave from Speed Academy?

Comment

Dan is a calabogie coach, no relation that I know of. . red boxster with 555 on the side sometimes.

As for other cars in the race, it's just another car, and he has every right to be there as anyone else. This is bracket racing after all.
                              I run different classes when I have used tires to chew on, and he, like all of us, just wants to drive. Maybe he ran old tires to keep playing.
                              Nobody said you couldn't rent a Fmazda and play the same game. Same beer mugs in that series too.

I'm not picking sides, just suggesting to look at all 3 sides of it. #rotaryjokes

The turnout this season has been fantastic, more cars the better.

Comment

I was surprised at the podium to find out I wasn’t first. I don’t mind being beaten but just like to know when it’s happening. Then to find out that it’s a PT1 car and there was no chance I could have caught him anyways was an annoyance.

I spend an ungodly amount of money (for my meagre resources) on this series and just want to have fun. I had an amazing couple of races which is more the point than being on the podium or not. It was just a little sour in the sweet.
                                Twice I've asked, and thrice you've ignored.

Comment

Working...
                                X