Calabogie Challenge Racing 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1morelap View Post
    not sure kiss is the right description, but the wall is ok to continue another day.
    Twice I've asked, and thrice you've ignored.

Comment

HPDE day today, track was brutally slippery during race. So much so I thought something was wrong with the car at first. Qualified 4th with a 2:11.9

Finished 4th was kind of anti-climatic for me, no way I could keep up with the top 3 day they just walked me on the straights and it was so greasy I couldn't make it up. Car behind me was 30 secs behind so was out by myself.

Looking at the laptimes tonight it wasn't only me. Oddly the 3 at the front ran their regular times 08-09s, but everyone else was 3-5 secs slower than what they normally run.

Makes me feel like the guys up front aren't really maxing out those cars on good days, probably earned their times today though!

Comment

Well my night was underwhelming/disappointing. Car seems slower. It runs well, but doesn’t seem to have the power it did before.

I made a mistake into turn 5 on the first lap, and spun. Unfortunately 2 guys behind me checked up and got together. My car wouldn’t rev up after and I smelt fuel so I got out of the car. Once the red flag came out, I went back to the car and it fired up. I was able to restart the race at the back.

I made my way back through the field close to where I should have been, but once again a lack of point bys stopped me from going forwards. Guys are not giving point bys until they get a blue flag. Maybe I’m just getting fed up with point bys (or lack of) or guys don’t care about giving them anymore. It’s getting frustrating.

Comment

Get back in a closed wheel car and play with us. Lots of fun in PT and GT to be had
          Twice I've asked, and thrice you've ignored.

Comment

Post running out of talent!!! Doh.

9D782B65-A1DC-4F9C-AF1E-192E21660E06.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by i12xlr8 View Post
              Get back in a closed wheel car and play with us. Lots of fun in PT and GT to be had
              Yeah, as much as we (or just me?) think the point-bys in GT are not consistent, seems Libre is way worse.

Or maybe I expect better from people that aren't new to racing, especially from Nigel.

On another note, was nice to see a bunch of GT/PT drivers out at tonight's lapping. Luc, Grant, Dave, Connell, Chris B?, even Matt H and Richard in the fast AWD cars.

I guess everyone like me was testing a week ahead of the next race.

For me, only partial data tonight with limited running due to some issues, but it seems the cooling stack issues might be solved.

I managed to run a few hard laps and the coolant temps not only didn't rise, but actually stayed quite cool and under 200F.

But on my fourth lap, I went to shift into 5th on Rocky Road, and the engine made quite a racket, and had to limp it back in. At first I thought I popped the engine, but after checking in the paddock, it was just an intake tube got loose under boost.

I went out for another few laps, but then the engine felt weak and down on power and started overheating, but it was another boost leak causing the engine to overwork itself.

Hopefully good for the next race! Still waiting on some other parts though.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Comment

Well way worse maybe, not sure. It's typically the same guys causing the issues just like in GT for years. Part of the issue may stem from them having race licenses and feeling like they can make their car wide, but then that's not the point. They also would previously survive based on using their horsepower to stay ahead.

I've had good success, strong qualify and stay up front with the fast guys.

Comment

But when you do stupid things like this and have to come back up through the field you have to deal with them. Lol.

Fast forward to 12:00 mark.

Comment

Working...
                  X