Calabogie Challenge Racing 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wing View Post
    Looks like the rain will hold off. Going to get colder during the day though. Have fun. Fixing brakes on truck and swapping snow tires today...

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
    Putting the snow tires back on? Good choice!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jethr0 View Post
      But hubs spin.
      That’s what they do.

Jay used the word "spun the hub". Outside circumference of hub shaft is smaller than inside circumference of bearing making the hub shaft some what tapered; needs to be square and fit snug.
      Sarcasm is overrated

Comment

Damn it’s cold here. Surreal moment on track when Pierre Bernier blasts past me on Rocky Road in a snow flurry.

Car isn’t shaking though and motor seems good so I have nothing to complain about!
        Twice I've asked, and thrice you've ignored.

Comment

Thank God!!!
          Sarcasm is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by i12xlr8 View Post
            Car isn’t shaking though and motor seems good so I have nothing to complain about!
            Awesome!

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Comment

Finally!!!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Comment

Yay!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well for 1 year in a row, we didn’t have any major issues. Actually no real issues aside from our mirrors being loose on the first session and folding down. I got the blue flag when Pierre came up behind me and I couldn’t notice. That corvette hauls the mail, and apparently the heavier cars can get some heat into the tires. Our light cars cannot.

Unfortunately there was some carnage. One of the new open wheel guys backed his car into the Armco on cold tires. Some significant rear damage.

Comment

I like, except for the last part.
                    Sarcasm is overrated

Comment

Had a great shakedown session this morning. Ran on continental wets with a passenger. Fun times. Also on 7 of the 12 laps without traffic I ran consistant 2:32 within 0.2s.

Then helped a bunch of others. Love being at my happy place.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Ran 2 sessions today. Got some heat into the old NT01s and managed a 2:25 in the snow. So I’m happy. Have to see what next week brings!

Comment

Great day. No rain.

Safety guy called it test n tow.

Lol.

Drifting added some good entertainment.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 1morelap View Post

Safety guy called it test n tow
                            Normally that’s us!!!! Not this year

Comment

Originally posted by i12xlr8 View Post
                              Damn it’s cold here. Surreal moment on track when Pierre Bernier blasts past me on Rocky Road in a snow flurry.

I take it back. I have complaints.

On my third session the car seemed to pulling stronger than the first two. Felt very solid in 3rd and good in 4th. Then 3 cylinders went into limp mode. FFS.

I crawled off the track and over the next few hours tried to figure out what’s going on. So as not to bore anyone I’ll put the details in my project thread.

There was so much else happening today...so many people at the track, new neighbours all around me, said goodbye to my old garage mate, had a great lunch out with friends, car was great, car was shit, snowing track sessions, off roading, Pierre’s trailer awning was destroyed, someone kept getting hurt, rediscovered why I hate drum brakes, Doug’s engine was fucky then I blew a piston out the side of the block trying to load it onto its ride home, cracked a bottle of wine once the track closed and shared with friends, possibly figured out my misfire issue, headed home in a borrowed rig hauling a damaged car that already has a replacement engine waiting to be installed tomorrow.

It was a crazy day and I loved it. Can’t wait for the next one.

Twice I've asked, and thrice you've ignored.

Comment

Sounds like it was a great time , sad I missed it .

Comment

Working...
                                X