Clear All

Originally posted by wing View Post
    Yeah but has to be turned on in tower. Bob never does

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
    Hmmm...thought that had been addressed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wing View Post
      Track use to be faster I think. Especially quarry during drifting.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
      Glad I’m not the only one who thinks this lol. Or I’ve got slower. Could be both lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeman View Post

What lap times were you guys running? Race 1 this year I did 1:24.4 on short track (Best) Race avg was about 1:30

I don't know if there's much left there (for me anyway) but if I picked up 2 seconds, it looks like mid pack PT2.
        Damn, wish I was already caged.
        Doing 1:18 on street tires, so race tires would be fun in that group.

Suggestions?

Make TA an event on its own, so that GT cars (read non-caged) can compete along with PT cars, and use standard GT/PT classes for scoring as per usual.

Send them out TA style with fastest to slowest ensuring gap is maintained/extended. With more participants closer in laptimes, there is less chance that the leader for that group of cars (6-8), will catch the tail.
        With say 24 cars, that's 3 groups of cars, and each group only takes about 10 min max on short track.

But this also becomes the only "qualifier" for the PT race.

This way it forces more participation for TA, ensures clean laps for everyone (crossing fingers). A GT participant will be able to compete, and PT can actually compete for two events (TA & Race) plus it gives a better qualy experience.

How many times in qualy do you not get a clean lap due to traffic?

Win/Win

Will sign up for everything I can, including drifting this time.

And happy to help with organizing TA too if it goes ahead.

You guys are missing out with the intensity of TA, it's about stringing together a focused ultimate lap.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Comment

Outdoor screens are stupid expensive. Not to suggest that it wouldn’t be ‘worth it’ at some point but you’d need paying spectators to make it cost effective and isn’t Calabogie set up to be anti-spectator?

A busy short track is much more entertaining to watch I would think as you only have to wait just over a minute to catch your favourite battle. Too bad they still see so little of the track though.

Lots of people up on the ridge at Quarry during the last race. Don’t recall seeing many bodies up there in the past. The system works?
          Twice I've asked, and thrice you've ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by dwarrick View Post
            That was planned at the start of the year too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            If only we new someone connected to both worlds that could get all of those auto cross drivers out to Calabogie for the Time Attack.

Kick start Time Attack for next year by making the Time Attack event on the 5th cost almost the same as an auto cross event? Something like $50 per session for anyone that wants to try it out. Usually it’s the cost that keeps most guys dodging cones instead of getting on track isn’t it?

If they want it to feel more involved like autox they can cut the grass in between runs if they want.

Comment

Oh yeah. I’m in too.

Comment

lol cut the grass between runs, genius.

Comment

Some of you guys already go a good job cutting the grass though...lol

Comment

I’m trying to create a sand trap outside of quarry

Comment

Originally posted by i12xlr8 View Post
                      Hey! Is MCO stealing our extravaganza idea? A rose by any other name...
                      It's a non-points AutoX event, usually with some fun features... like a costume contest, or team scoring or etc... they do it every year.

Comment

Costume contest.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

cancelled.

I'll get into it later. big picture it,

Keep your idea's coming for 2020 please. It will all work out.

Comment

Uhhh...I have a question.

Comment

Gah!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X