X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YOU COULD GET HAIRY

Comment

Originally posted by i12xlr8 View Post
      Most PT guys don’t want to race in GT as there are a few GT racers that don’t know how to point by properly. That’s mostly gone now so less of an issue but could get hairy on short track
      PT guys don't have to do GT though? PT guys do their thing and GT's do theirs. Is there enough GT only people to make it worthwhile I guess is the question?

I thought there may be more interest in a GT Race than TA.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeman View Post
        YOU COULD GET HAIRY
        Don’t threaten me
        Twice I've asked, and thrice you've ignored.

Comment

What lap times were you guys running? Race 1 this year I did 1:24.4 on short track (Best) Race avg was about 1:30

I don't know if there's much left there (for me anyway) but if I picked up 2 seconds, it looks like mid pack PT2.
          Grant was doing 1:18s. I had a 1:19.3 before breaking down on lap 3 of race 1 this year.

Hmmm, I should drain my tank too and load only 20L instead of the 40ish I've been carrying around.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Spd-Kilz View Post

PT guys don't have to do GT though? PT guys do their thing and GT's do theirs. Is there enough GT only people to make it worthwhile I guess is the question?

I thought there may be more interest in a GT Race than TA.
            You now have a job...signing people up for the first annual Chris’ GT Race

Comment

Originally posted by sb_915 View Post
              Ideas from someone who wasn't there:

Time attack style quali session for race 1.

I like this idea. .
              Free Practice (timed).
              Then do superpole:
              3 laps of the circuit. Cars start one by one in reverse qualifying order. Grid position for the races will be determined by each driver's fastest single lap time.

If we could get a live timing board (race monitor... monitor?) or even do it top-gear style on a white board, i think it would be entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by luker View Post
                Grant was doing 1:18s. I had a 1:19.3 before breaking down on lap 3 of race 1 this year.

right, but the rest of the guys ...weren't...

Comment

right, but the rest of the guys ...weren't...
                  Fair enough, haven't seen the data and wasn't there so don't know what times they were running.

Comment

Do we think there is enough interest to get another 15 plus cars on track? I need to move some stuff around and make this happen if so.

Comment

You now have a job...signing people up for the first annual Chris’ GT Race
                      LOL...a bit of a stretch coming from someone who's never even done a GT Race. And if there isn't any other GT3 cars...I'll be 1st place in a field of 1 again which isn't all that exciting.

Think I'm just gonna shut my mouth and throw money at whatever Greg decides to do that day for us.

Comment

Knowing what you are doing is not a prerequisite for involvement. See Grant’s Race

Comment

Originally posted by luker View Post

Hmmm, I should drain my tank too and load only 20L instead of the 40ish I've been carrying around.

31.7lb saved.

Comment

I had my passenger seat in too. Will take that out and race with gas

Comment

Also, why not try making short track a little shorter? Cone off Quarry to force cars through the drifting turn before getting back on at 19.

Or set that up for an hour and just let people try it? Something new would be cool

Comment

Also, why not try making short track a little shorter? Cone off Quarry to force cars through the drifting turn before getting back on at 19.

Or set that up for an hour and just let people try it? Something new would be cool
                                rallycross style, have to do the 'joker' lap once during race lol

Comment

Working...
                                X