Project: Build a Cool Suit system

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project: Build a Cool Suit system

After driving in Daytona with a Cool Suit I have to say that I never want to drive again in the heat without one. So amazing, the rush of cool when the system is turned on turned a very hot day into a very easy to drive with temperature. I have the shirt but I now need the cooler, pump, electrical and connection tubes. Cost for the system runs about $500 US (shirt was about $158 US from ogracing.com). I am thinking about using a GM windshield washer pump as (because cost) and I will need to source the cooler, medical grade tubing and electrical.

Anyone else interested in a system?
    Sarcasm is overrated

Is a gym windshield washer pump ok to run at the duty cycle required for the cool suit?

Comment

Ummmmm, no idea. Can you say in more accountant type terms?
      Sarcasm is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Jethr0 View Post
        Is a gym windshield washer pump ok to run at the cash (water) flow required for the cool suit?
        I CFAed it for you.

Comment

LMAO, okay, now I get it! Guess I should look up the specs for the cool suit system.
          Sarcasm is overrated

Comment

The cool shirt pumps are $20-30 ish at the Chandlery. They are just a bilge pump.

Then you need a cooler, drill holes, run wires, get tubing with break away clips, run the tubing to bilge. Then you need clamps to keep cooler shut, and someone to mount the box so it won't move when car corners hard.

Not hard, just time consuming and annoying.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent you a text Dave. Might have something for you.

Comment

Def can do this cheap. I paid $30 for a shirt and the system we never used in barb only cost $100 to build.

Old cooler, some pipes and connections and a pump.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X