ice racing Feb 23/March 2/March 9

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1morelap View Post
    Anyone want to rent a Lexus is250 on street studs? Lexus sport cup might make the trip. They need 3 or 4 cars to make it interesting. I told them I'll take one. More cars the merrier.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Whoa. Studded tires are allowed?
    Twice I've asked, and thrice you've ignored.

Comment

For Saturday, why not. Rwd cars, street studs. Vs rubber awd. Even match. I just want more cars. We have enough ice right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeman View Post
        how much this ?
        Early estimates are 600 including registration. Not horrible. He's looking at a hauler and if Minden gets cancelled.

Comment

For Saturday, why not. Rwd cars, street studs. Vs rubber awd. Even match. I just want more cars. We have enough ice right now.

Serious question. Won’t this greatly increase the risk of serious damage? In my experience much of the bumping is mitigated by limited traction and relatively low speeds. I know we aren’t supposed to be rubbing and bumping, but contact is pretty likely. Cars on studs may really change this, no?

Comment

Originally posted by ZOO View Post

Serious question. Won’t this greatly increase the risk of serious damage? In my experience much of the bumping is mitigated by limited traction and relatively low speeds. I know we aren’t supposed to be rubbing and bumping, but contact is pretty likely. Cars on studs may really change this, no?
            If they were awd cars, then maybe. But these are RWD cars.

Ran the scenario past our insurance provider before I posted it. The same group that has providing motorsports insurance for years to nearly all activity in Canada. They do not feel there is a high risk because of the small nature of the track and being RWD cars. It still comes down to driver skill. If they were all Volvo's I'd be worried.

There was and still is a speed difference between the awd cars because of varied skill levels. If they are faster then they have just as much to worry about as you. Nobody raises a concern when there is a slow rwd Miata with rubber tires.

Comment

If they were all Volvo's I'd be worried.
              LMAO!!!!!!!

Sarcasm is overrated

Comment

Translation: it’s fine.

Comment

Ran the scenario past our insurance provider before I posted it. The same group that has providing motorsports insurance for years to nearly all activity in Canada. They do not feel there is a high risk because of the small nature of the track and being RWD cars. It still comes down to driver skill. If they were all Volvo's I'd be worried.

There was and still is a speed difference between the awd cars because of varied skill levels. If they are faster then they have just as much to worry about as you. Nobody raises a concern when there is a slow rwd Miata with rubber tires.

I apologize if I came across as a nervous nelly here -- I know that you take safety seriously, and that you would have considered all of the variables before making the decision. I'll own the "idiot" award for today.

Comment

Originally posted by ZOO View Post

I apologize if I came across as a nervous nelly here -- I know that you take safety seriously, and that you would have considered all of the variables before making the decision. I'll own the "idiot" award for today.
                    Lol. Noo. It's a valid question.

Comment

Hey, I picked up the pace the second year! Was still a bit of a rolling chicane for the faster AWD cars though.

MightyMiata was awesome!

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Scruffy View Post
                        Hey, I picked up the pace the second year! Was still a bit of a rolling chicane for the faster AWD cars though.

MightyMiata was awesome!

I miss it, really do. The Calabogie Spec Miata challenge race cars should ice racing.

Comment

If studded tires are a thing next year then I’ll pick up a civic and be in for sure!
                          Twice I've asked, and thrice you've ignored.

Comment

I have a Mazdaspeed3 you could buy. Loose timing chain, but just take it to a Mr Lube first and dont wor... wait.

Comment

Was chatting with Steve G yesterday....Awkward moment when I asked him if he stayed out of the way of the Volvo. Said one of his winter driving school students was racing as well.

Comment

It appears we have a seat in #67 for March 2. The brake fix should return it to AWD. PM me for details.

Comment

Working...
                                X