Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tellum View Post
    2.5L... head gasket likely?

But IF it works ok... 3 guys in on this. $80/ea for the car's entry + cost of car + $10/driver at the gate.
    Your forgetting about the tires. They’ll be the most expensive part.

Comment

Originally posted by Petawawarace View Post

Your forgetting about the tires. They’ll be the most expensive part.
      True. Ugh. Although I have some older winters here...

Comment

True. Ugh. Although I have some older winters here...
        ...if you want to be a pylon.

Comment

I’m not trying to discourage you, by all means, get out there and support this so it happens again next year. But after the first race you’ll be seeing Slick.

Comment

I was under the impression this was racing for fun. Not fancy beer mugs. Whatevs.

Comment

4AF93D3B-5597-4FA6-BC65-1D487152C329.jpeg
              I was under the impression this was racing for fun. Not fancy beer mugs. Whatevs.
              No your right. It is. That’s the competitive nature in me. With MCO last year we took it a little more serious. This is not that.

Forget what I said.

Comment

He says $250. I lol'd when buddy said thermostat, the older ones we've had let HG go.

I think the format here is a lot shorter than the MCO 3 HR ironman so if it just has a little overheat, even if its HG, will probably last awhile with heater on high.

Comment

always HG. and ya, just add water. motor still rotates.

easiest way to confirm HG, air bubbles in over flow.

Comment

Any takers let me know, will forward contact. Car is in Gatineau.

Comment

AFAIK, auto trans Subies lock a diff or something when shifter is in 1 or 2.

Remember a team that used to run snowcross like that using an auto. Always had a great launch. Never touched D.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by raggedrabbit View Post
                        Car is in Gatineau.
                        OBV

Comment

auto , it's 50/50 in first. 30/70 in all other gears. I've raced both, still comes down to tires and driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruffy View Post
                            AFAIK, auto trans Subies lock a diff or something when shifter is in 1 or 2.

Remember a team that used to run snowcross like that using an auto. Always had a great launch. Never touched D.
                            What Greg said. It helps a little, but not really a lot.

With our old auto Subi I'd shift up by going 2 and then immediately back to 1. The car wouldn't actually do the downshift until you slowed down enough. So it downshifted when needed and I didn't have to pay attention to it.

Comment

If I was racing, the first thing I would like to know if we were to race counter clock wise is, is there still those ciment blocks in that snow bank at the end of the long straight? Besides that, I’d be good to go in any direction. Looks fast and fun.

Comment

Are 4x4 Tahoes eligible to race?
                                Sarcasm is overrated

Comment

Working...
                                X