No announcement yet.

ice racing Feb 23/March 2/March 9

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyway, another good day in the books, lots of smiles, lots of laughs, lots(too many?) hits...

Happy to help Greg get this show on the road, good times.

Now i'm tired as fuck after last night and being there all day.

Comment

Originally posted by mightymousetech View Post
      Reading the owners manual? Luls?
      Yes actually.

What a great time! Thanks Greg, Pete, and all the volunteers. Winter aint easy, this def helps!

Its kinda the same feeling when youre off roading, its not the speed that makes it sketchy......

Comment

You knew contact was coming, but you had 10 seconds to think about it. At that point, you could do anything you wanted with the steering wheel, throttle, or brakes, but none of it made a stitch of difference

Comment

yeah for reals, it was awesome - maybe a little rough at times, but alls swell that ends swole .. or something.
          Thanks for this Greg, Pete, Track, flags, organizers, 1moremom, and everyone else. It was a much needed winter car activity

Comment

I should have some great in car footage of the Mayhem and Carnage....er I mean nice, professional, sportman like automobile racing!

Comment

Originally posted by Petawawarace View Post
              You knew contact was coming, but you had 10 seconds to think about it. At that point, you could do anything you wanted with the steering wheel, throttle, or brakes, but none of it made a stitch of difference
              For that you had to be on the track... not up a snow bank...

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post

thats not exactly true....... haha

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post

Twice...it was only twice damnit.

Comment

Originally posted by Lootz View Post

thats not exactly true....... haha

Comment

1st race.....stuffed it into the bank on entrance to turn 1.

2nd race....heavy contact with someone in turn 1. Likely from tee-boning Dave. Still finished 5th. Tierod had a 45 degree bend in it. Fixed it.

3rd race....late to grid because of fixing tierod. Came from back to finish 3rd.

4th race...Greg ran the car and won going away...made me look like a chump. Lol

5th race....Dave was leading, I caught him, then a looped it. Slowly reeled him back in and was bumping him in every corner but couldn’t quite get around him. Tried a NASCAR style dive bomb (picture it in slow motion tho) on last corner, banged doors and spun 180, threw in reverse and crossed finish line backwards, but lost another spot, so 3rd.

6th race....passed 4 cars in turn 1 as they all tangled together. Then I promptly ran out of talent exiting turn 2 and power slid it into the bank. I took the above video of Mike reading from there.

7th race....started mid field, got the lead, spun out, got the lead back, did a full 360 into turn 1, but I doubt I lost a second. It was perfectly executed...or luck. Ended up winning that race.

Had a blast, and my driving improved over the day...or atleast I got better at crashing.

Comment

What a great day. Awesome to get my first 1st place at CMP today. Thanks Greg!

Thanks for the t-bone Jeff!
                        Last edited by faster; 03-02-2019, 07:19 PM.
                        Sarcasm is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by faster View Post
                          What a great day. Awesome to get my first 1st place at CMP today. Thanks Greg!

Thanks for the t-bone Jeff!
                          I’m Sorry. Like I said, I chose that line 250ft prior..watched you move into my line, and there was no stopping

Comment

That's racing! I'm good. (:
                            Sarcasm is overrated

Comment

lots of smiles at the end of the day, and eagerness to do it again. The boss said go for it. She's already talking about next seasons plans so this has gone well. good job everyone.

Race #3, next saturday. Zoo? Tyler? Bueller? I think Jay will be able to join too.

Comment

Innn

Comment

Working...
                                X