Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast
    Vertically Unchallenged
    Sir Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    Every race since the beginning of the season, Max has been involved in a race incident, if not 3 or 4 times a race. Because of that he’s way down in the championship points while a guy like Alonso is far ahead of him in the McLaren. When people ask who’s to blame with the Max/Ricardo incident, it makes me laugh.
    This.

Eventually its not "bad luck", there is a recurring name in the issues.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
    "Don't fear failure so much that you refuse to try new things. The saddest summary of a life contains three descriptions: could have, might have, and should have." -- Louis E. Boone

Doesn't mean that the last incident is 70% on Max; his bad reputation doesn't mean that Daniel's nailing him from behind is his Max's fault, especially if the rules allow for more than 1 move now. I'm not trying to defend Max at all, just not going to blame the kid 70% for the incident yesterday.
    Sarcasm is over rated.

Max is missing common sense, he is driving with the red mist. Danny is coming, there's no avoiding it, if you move in front of him and he has nowhere else to go, well that's your own fault.

Not a fan of Max. For the last few years he has been doing this. Like he thinks to be Senna or Schumy you have to drive dirty like they did.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
    Andre C.
    2013 FR-S Firestorm Red 6MT

Fuck Photobucket!

Good point
    Sarcasm is over rated.

The kids aggressive and doesn’t give an inch. I like it if for nothing more than entertainment. For sure if it’s a PT,Libre, Casc race where you are racing for a plastic trophy, give the spot up. This is fucking F1, make them earn the pass.

wooden shoes, wooden head, wouldn't listen.
    Calabogie GT1 Champion 2012 and 2013. Calabogie Cup Challenge Champion 2012 www.1morelap.ca

Go figure, McLaren the most reliable of all teams.

Big upgrade package coming for Spain. "That's when the real car arrives".

Was interesting to see Alonso work his way back up the grid from last place, well done.

Andre C.

Fuck Photobucket!

^ what makes Alonso’s run even more impressive was the state of the underbelly, which was trashed. Apparently the aero guy gave him a few pointers on radio to try to minimize the issues with early liftoff and trail braking etc, and he did it. Insane.

Quote Originally Posted by daft_mx5 View Post
    ^ what makes Alonso’s run even more impressive was the state of the underbelly, which was trashed. Apparently the aero guy gave him a few pointers on radio to try to minimize the issues with early liftoff and trail braking etc, and he did it. Insane.
    Talent!

I remember a few years ago when Alonso had serious transmission issues, but managed it only loosing a few tenths a lap, impressive!

Andre C.

Fuck Photobucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Go figure, McLaren the most reliable of all teams.

Big upgrade package coming for Spain. "That's when the real car arrives".

Was interesting to see Alonso work his way back up the grid from last place, well done.

That *is* surprising! They're lucky that Alonso is till hanging with the team. Looks like their chassis has struck a nice balance between downforce and speed and the Renault engine has proved to be reliable. And with Renault promising to allow teams to turn up the engines incrementally over the next few races it's going to be interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Chicken View Post
    That *is* surprising! They're lucky that Alonso is till hanging with the team.
    Well, some luck and a reported $40 million in cash. That tends to do the trick...

^^^^ LOL. Cash greases a lot of otherwise sticky situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Chicken View Post
    And with Renault promising to allow teams to turn up the engines incrementally over the next few races it's going to be interesting!
    There's the turning up the engine that will be good, think Spanish is the next step iirc.
    And "many" new upgrades to the McLaren chassis, would hope that they can move away from the midfield and start nipping at the heels of the top three teams.
    Andre C.

Fuck Photobucket!

After the Ross Bentley HPDE Instructor seminar I was so stoked that I paid for a subscription to his weekly email newsletter. Arguably I shouldn't post this part of this week's newsletter here but it is so appropriate to what we've been talking about with regards to Verstappen that I had to share. (C) Speed Secrets, of course.
    "You can be aggressive, but you must remain emotionally cool. The more your emotions run you, the more you'll make mistakes." - Bobby Rahal
    The best drivers are a fine balance between smart and assertive.I love assertive driving! There's nothing better than seeing a race driver really fight for a position, and make the commitment to not give anything up to anyone. I also love to see a smart driver, one who thinks strategically, and makes well-thought-out moves.Watching Max Verstappen and Daniel Ricciardo go at each other in the Azerbaijan Grand Prix, I saw both.​​​​​​​But I've said it before and I'll say it again: There's a difference between assertive and aggressive driving. Verstappen is aggressive, not assertive. And I dare say, not an especially smart driver. (Okay, all you Verstappen fans, have at me!)Looking just at driving technique, Daniel ​​​​​​Ricciardo has a magical left foot. He proved that in the Chinese Grand Prix, and his pass on Verstappen at Baku on lap 35 was a lesson in brake management. He initiated his pass around the outside entering Turn 1, and as he angled into the corner his inside front tire began to lock up, due to its unloading. He was not the only driver to lock up throughout this race, as the colder temperatures and windy conditions caught even the best out, including Alonso, Hamilton, and Vettel. Ricciardo had a touch of lock-up, but perfectly released just enough pressure to un-lock it, while keeping enough on to slow enough for the corner (something Vettel did not do as well, later in the race). Watching Ricciardo manage his braking is something we can all learn from.Back to the incident between the two drivers. You can't make two moves, and Verstappen did. He was on the verge of aggressive driving - beyond assertive - all race. When he made two moves heading into the braking zone, that was not a smart decision."He's going through that time in his career that all drivers go through." That's what some commentators say about Verstappen. Well, not all drivers go through a stage like this. Not to the extent that Verstappen has.

From Ricciardo's in-car video it's easy to see that Verstappen moved to the inside to block. He then moved to the right. And then back to the left/inside - and got hit by Ricciardo who had committed to the out-braking move down the inside (and as Verstappen moved across in front of him, he lost aero downforce).Verstappen had made questionable moves earlier in the race. In a couple of them, if Ricciardo (who is both assertive and smart) had not left room, the race would have ended earlier for both drivers. I love Verstappen's commitment. But he's not a smart driver (I think I said that before!). It's a big shame that he doesn't seem to be getting any smarter. He looks desperate. If the Red Bull team doesn't provide Verstappen with what he needs, immediately (and I don't mean "team orders"), I can't see him changing much. In fact, it may get worse as his programming is reinforced.

Lessons for all of us? We want a balanced car, one that handles neutrally. We know that we balance the car, managing weight transfer. But we also need to balance our mindset, our mental game. Assertive but smart. Be committed, but think strategically.

All I care about is my Porsche... and like maybe 3 people. —Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    Love that kid

Alonso's drive back to the pits was really impressive. My son and I watched; my son was really impressed. Wondered how he would turn in to the pits, but he did it.
    Sarcasm is over rated.

F1 TV Pro, no chance of Canada getting it until the end of the 2019 season. Because Bell/TSN own rights. Crap.

http://sportsbusinesscanada.com/f1-tv-pro-canada/
    Sarcasm is over rated.

Not surprised.

ill keep using my folks fibe account and cast it from tsn site on my computer to main tv.