Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 LastLast

There are 3 incidents I think?
    Probably going to hell.

Yeah like I said my bad on 9A. I did not see him make the move and certainly didn't intend to close the door on him. Much safer to pass on inside so I don't know why he didn't do that.

Reserving judgement on 14. Didn't have time to look at video before boarding a plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    There are 3 incidents I think?
    4?

1. Doug spinning
    2. Dave trying to pass in 9A,Doug closed door pushing Dave off track, Dave spins and avoids hitting any walls.
    3. Dave trying to pass inside of 14, getting side by side with Doug, Doug turns in.
    4. Dave punching Doug (admittedly not cool)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Shawn
    Metric Homes Racing Chumpcar #296

1992 BMW 3.0L M52 325i

Quote Originally Posted by dbg View Post
    Yeah like I said my bad on 9A. I did not see him make the move and certainly didn't intend to close the door on him. Much safer to pass on inside so I don't know why he didn't do that.

Reserving judgement on 14. Didn't have time to look at video before boarding a plane.
    He got you on the inside for sure and was side by side. Yeah he forced you deep and wide in the corner, but definitely didnt drive into you on purpose.

Shawn

1992 BMW 3.0L M52 325i

Anyways, not trying to get super involved here... Just want to make sure MR doesnt go apeshit on him next time he's at the track. He's a good guy and yes he admits the after-race event was not cool, but there was a reason he got that mad. Hell, I would have been pissed too.

All that to say: always 2 sides to a story.

Shawn

1992 BMW 3.0L M52 325i

Doesn't matter what happened, and doesn't matter that this guy is a "good guy".
    Going violent is unacceptable and he should not be allowed to participate again for a long time, if ever.

Odd, because that does not match my recollection at all. I saw him coming up on my left at 14 and was waiting for him to pass. He was unnecessarily close to my car; there was lots of room to his left. Then he taps my nose, turns, and gives me the finger.

At that point I was just running slow laps and was not racing with him or anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by daft_mx5 View Post
    Going violent is unacceptable.
    100% agree. I'll let the officials figure out anything beyond.

There is violence in all sports and all levels of racing. Not saying it's justified or acceptable at all, but I agree that measures/penalities/fines/whatever should be in place. Leave it on the track.

Shawn

1992 BMW 3.0L M52 325i

Going violent is unacceptable and he should not be allowed to participate again for a long time, if ever.
    Exactly. Regardless of what happened on track, when is punching someone acceptable?

As upset as he may be, talk to track officials after the race or even directly to Doug to express his frustration, hear the other side if the story... but no need to throw a punch.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I've admitted the first incident was my fault, both here and to the officials. I'm glad he didn't hit anything.

The second incident I watched him drive into the side of my car. There was no turning in on my part.

Fucking never is when punching someone is acceptable; unless you are in a ring or some other arena where you both agree to fight. I've wanted to punch people lots of times but I haven't, for this douche bag to come to our garage and go after Doug when is till strapped into the car is a pussy move. You wanna go? Go like a man, don't puss up punch a guy while he can't hit back and then say sorry after. Good guys don't do that kind of shit.
    Sarcasm is over rated.

I liked how Greg broke the ice when Dave showed up to hang out. "You going to punch anyone else today?"
    Probably going to hell.

And I think we've beaten this one to death.

When's the next race?
    Probably going to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by dbg View Post
    The second incident I watched him drive into the side of my car. There was no turning in on my part.
    Video I saw did not show Dave changing direction to the right, witness in a car behind you said you turned into Dave. What does your in car show Doug?
    Current toys:
    1997 BMW 328is race car
    2014 Chevy Silverado
    2012 VW Golf R
    Spent $1300 on new fasteners when building race car

Tire Kicker Extraordinaire Angry Chicken's Avatar

What you said. This is basically beer league racing. If someone takes it this seriously then it's not for him. This is exactly why I quit soccer about 5 years ago and a friend of mine recently quit house league hockey. I was not having fun anymore and people were getting hurt.

<devil's advocate>

I get it, but I also get the anger when avoidable contact happens to someone who does all their own work and who is on a strick budget. (Again, not trying to justify specific actions here - just talking in general terms).

I stopped racing for 3+ years because of budget/life priorities. My car broke then. However if I got taken out and it could have been avoided, ruining my season, I would have been super pissed too.
    </Devil's advocate>

It's a gentlemen's/beer league yes. But it's also racing. And ALL drivers have a responsibility to be aware of what is going on around them.

Shawn

1992 BMW 3.0L M52 325i

Post video here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Doug didn't do it maliciously. Drivers need to keep their tempers in check. Just because other Motorsports have incidents of violence doesn't mean we shouldn't hold our drivers to a higher standard.

Tire Kicker Extraordinaire Angry Chicken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicra View Post
    Doug didn't do it maliciously. Drivers need to keep their tempers in check. Just because other Motorsports have incidents of violence doesn't mean we shouldn't hold our drivers to a higher standard.

Just folks talking things out.

I was there right after it happened and I've never seen Doug so rattled. Agreed that there are always two points of view but there's a broader context here, that being how it affects all of the other drivers. Apologies were made, that's cool and pretty much that's the official end to this but I sure hope that they continue to monitor the individual.

Btw, ever eaten horse meat? It needs lots of tenderizing before it's edible.

Default 2017 GT and Pt Thread - (100% Official)

Here is my view of the GT race. Qualifying was dry and I've been told I squeezed out a 2:24.8 for PT, I'm assuming GT was similar.

That had me in 4th and while we waited for the track to clear it started to rain. Hard. And it wouldn't let up. The whole left side of my body was soaked and I had to close my visor to stop the rain from getting in.

When we finally headed out they ran us for two warm up laps to try to clear some of the water then the race started. I got all excited and didn't pull back into the first four corners starting line up like a good GT racer should I realized my mistake just after corner 1 and pointer Chris by...luckily he didn't punch me in the head after the race ended

All my excitement happened in the first lap. I was on slightly used NT-01's so the whole race was hairy just trying to stay on track but the camera doesn't see it that way so I didn't bother with the full video.

Shelby in the Focus was held up by the black BMW for a few laps (apparently 6) and didn't get a point by. Dude was said to be an experienced racer but missed the drivers meeting and didn't understand that it was point by passing). The were both disqualified for taking a pass without a point by which landed me in first.

In the last few laps Olivier in his GT-R was catching up and was on the front straight when I passed the checked flag. They didn't give a last lap warning so I was concerned.

It was a great race but got greasier and greasier as the standing water went away. Every corner I was hunting for grip. I started taking Temptation on the Porsche line at the end of the race and really felt comfortable there. Tons of grip.

I think this was from the PT race but I don't care. It's awesome