Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I brake for baguettes and taco blankets mightymousetech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mphysk View Post
    carbotech ax6 is a better hps.

hawk has made a new compound called street race i think to compete with the ax6. jury is out on them.
    Hmm, the Streetrace sound promising. Up to 1200 F.
    Christopher "Mighty Mouse" C.

Quote Originally Posted by GIF-PWR View Post
    I was wrong about this one; enjoy this moment.
    turns out for the second time in my life, I was wrong.

But there's a bigger point here. The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving.
    R&T April 2013.

Learning how to internet mphysk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mightymousetech View Post
    Hmm, the Streetrace sound promising. Up to 1200 F.

yup!

will be trying them in 5 years when my ax6/xp8 wear out.

I brake for baguettes and taco blankets mightymousetech's Avatar

yup!

will be trying them in 5 years when my ax6/xp8 wear out.
    Are you using AX6 on the street and XP8 on the track?

Just looking for something good for the street that can take an 8/10ths or 9/10ths speed lapping day.
    Christopher "Mighty Mouse" C.

I was wrong about this one; enjoy this moment.
    turns out for the second time in my life, I was wrong.

But there's a bigger point here. The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving.
    R&T April 2013.

I believe he has ax6 in front and xp8 in back.

I use ax6 for everything.
    MZ3...is slow
    Miater...is slower

I'm running a set of XP10's on one of my cars.

The XP10's are on a car driven on the street and they are fine even when there isn't much heat into them. But the XP series mainly the number depends on the weight of the car as well. Carbotech is very helpful, call them and they will recommend a pad for your use.

Remember as your driving improves you will make less use of the brakes or lets say more efficient use of them.

Learning how to internet mphysk's Avatar

Default Brake pad thread

Yeah, what pat said.... Ax6 front/ xp8 rear, I like a rear bias cause I'm weird. Perfectly fine in the street and very awesome on track.

My old Miata had xp12/xp10 and they were great but noisy on the street.

And what mani said, carbotech is great.... Very easy to get ahold of a dude who knows what he is talking about. Anytime I've mentioned my rear bias preference in the past people look at me like I have two heads and then try to convince me otherwise. Carbotech dude was great and understood what I was getting at and recommended the right pad for me

Yeah, what pat said.... Ax6 front/ xp8 rear, I like a rear bias cause I'm weird. Perfectly fine in the street and very awesome on track.

My old Miata had xp12/xp10 and they were great but noisy on the street.

And what mani said, carbotech is great.... Very easy to get ahold of a dude who knows what he is talking about. Anytime I've mentioned my rear bias preference in the past people look at me like I have two heads and then try to convince me otherwise. Carbotech dude was great and understood what I was getting at and recommended the right pad for me
    I do have adustable rear/front brake bias via the Wildwood manual brake dual master pedal kit.
    Everything I read points towards the XP12 being really good for consistency and strong initial bite which is what I want.

Here's the kit I really need but I will have to swap brake setups for drag racing (minus the swiss cheese rotors lol). Vibrant sells those quick connect lines as well. Pricey but practical. I just feel uneasy with a "quick connect" on a brake line in general...

http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/...Brake-Kit.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Veyronkiller View Post
    I do have adustable rear/front brake bias via the Wildwood manual brake dual master pedal kit.
    Everything I read points towards the XP12 being really good for consistency and strong initial bite which is what I want.

Here's the kit I really need but I will have to swap brake setups for drag racing (minus the swiss cheese rotors lol). Vibrant sells those quick connect lines as well. Pricey but practical. I just feel uneasy with a "quick connect" on a brake line in general...

http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/...Brake-Kit.aspx

You need Stahlbus Dry Break connectors. Forget Vibrant.

Used by many top level endurance racing teams for motorcycles. You got to pay to play though my friend.

http://www.isa-racing.com/index.php/...er-Bremse.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

What is different than vibrant apart from the price. ? Is vibrant the chinese copy ?

http://vibrantperformance.com/catalo...1022_1300_1382

They look.the same and are expensive as well just not stupid expensive like 300$ for a fitting.

Those Vibrant ones are for fuel lines. They are not listed as "Clean break" fittings. This means no air will enter the system.
    The Staubli are the only ones to buy. We use Staubli fittings on all of our robots. Others leak after time, but not the Staubli ones.

These are the ones you need:
    http://www.staubli.com/en/connectors...rsports-sphba/

Tire Kicker Extraordinaire Angry Chicken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by petawawarace View Post
    Those Vibrant ones are for fuel lines. They are not listed as "Clean break" fittings. This means no air will enter the system.
    The Staubli are the only ones to buy. We use Staubli fittings on all of our robots. Others leak after time, but not the Staubli ones.

I just want to buy a set because they look so cool! Seriously, I'm just at the point where I'm going to replace all my brake lines with braided ones, is there any reason to buy these (please say yes) if I'm not constantly replacing pads and having to bleed my brakes?

These are for when VeyronKiller swaps out calipers and rotors between setups. Just changing pads would gain nothing from these and probably add headaches.
    Current toys:
    1997 BMW 328is race car
    2014 Chevy Silverado
    2012 VW Golf R
    Spent $1300 on new fasteners when building race car

I was under the impression they also locked fluid in when released (Vibrant ones). At that price, I hope they do...

But for brake lines, there aren't a more important connection followed by fuel lines and oil cooler lines. You don't want to mess what that.

Is the beast your project car?
    Or another vehicle?

Quote Originally Posted by bunta View Post
    Is the beast your project car?
    Or another vehicle?
    Yes same car.

I was under the impression they also locked fluid in when released (Vibrant ones). At that price, I hope they do...

But for brake lines, there aren't a more important connection followed by fuel lines and oil cooler lines. You don't want to mess what that.
    They may not release any fluid, but what you want is not to allow air into the system. Two different things. For brake lines, have a little fluid loss when disconnecting or connecting wouldn't be a horrible problem. Getting air into the system would be.

They may not release any fluid, but what you want is not to allow air into the system. Two different things. For brake lines, have a little fluid loss when disconnecting or connecting wouldn't be a horrible problem. Getting air into the system would be.
    On some cars it's difficult to bleed out. The saturn was horrible for that.

But on my brake system which consist of two seperate masters and no ABS module, it's a joke. I was shocked when I first did the brake lines how quick we got a stiff pedal. I bet changing calipers would be like a 30 minute job including the bleeding. Not a massive problem but quick release would make this into a 15 minute job.

On some cars it's difficult to bleed out. The saturn was horrible for that.

But on my brake system which consist of two seperate masters and no ABS module, it's a joke. I was shocked when I first did the brake lines how quick we got a stiff pedal. I bet changing calipers would be like a 30 minute job including the bleeding. Not a massive problem but quick release would make this into a 15 minute job.
    I hope your car's safety doesn't effect others safety on the track. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Manimillion View Post
    I hope your car's safety doesn't effect others safety on the track. That's all.
    And why would that be ?

Because he might be one of the "others" on the track.