Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

and boom goes the internet.
    Calabogie GT1 Champion 2012 and 2013. Calabogie Cup Challenge Champion 2012 www.1morelap.ca

0% chance there isn't a product like that available *somewhere*
    161 - The Nefarious Rabbit
    86' MR2 - The Dirty Deuce
    91' CB250 - The 'Hawk
    76' CT90 - an heirloom

Tha dopest ghost.
    COUCHES!

Blind

I'm not gonna lie. the USA just got a little scarier.

wait till the 1st psycho offs a whole bunch of people with a setup likes this. a person could literally hide in a fuckin tree (or anywhere really) while pulverizing huge crowds. there's going to massive casualties in the next mass shooting.

think of the kid that was sniping off people from the trunk of his car, took a long time to catch him, and he did one by one for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind View Post

wait till the 1st psycho offs a whole bunch of people with a setup likes this. a person could literally hide in a fuckin tree (or anywhere really) while pulverizing huge crowds. there's going to massive casualties in the next mass shooting.

think of the kid that was sniping off people from the trunk of his car, took a long time to catch him, and he did one by one for the most part.
    Drone bombing.

Hello NSA.
    161 - The Nefarious Rabbit
    86' MR2 - The Dirty Deuce
    91' CB250 - The 'Hawk
    76' CT90 - an heirloom

Ugh...fucking media. This isn't the first time this sort of thing has been done. RC planes and helicopters have been around for nearly a hundred years - no jokes.

Because there aren't 500000000 other videos on YouTube detailing illegal acts. Flavour of the month club.

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    Ugh...fucking media. This isn't the first time this sort of thing has been done. RC planes and helicopters have been around for nearly a hundred years - no jokes.
    There was a big hobby shop in the states I used to see tv ads for all the time, a big part of it was RC AH64s and misc fighter planes that shot rockets and dropped actual explosives. Not only is it not NEW, it used to be a marketing gimmick!

BAN ALL THE THINGS

MR Herbalist and Chipologist
    G-PWR Si-PWR

Quote Originally Posted by Blind View Post

you do realize that drones are used every day to drop bombs on people, right? it's not any scarier that they have machine guns on them.
    "Jesus, George, it was a wonder I was even born. "

Blind

ah yes, the issues north Americans have with bomb dropping drones. tell me more.

oh, wait.

Pretty ingenious. 8 little robots that can remove your car from practically anywhere a tow truck can't get at it

All I care about is my Porsche... and like maybe 3 people. —Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    Pretty ingenious. 8 little robots that can STEAL your car from practically anywhere

Ask me about Astra!

Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    Pretty ingenious. 8 little robots that can remove your car from practically anywhere a tow truck can't get at it
    Sure, on a VW Polo. These can be tipped by two adults.

I'd like to see them try that with some more 'north american'. Like a Yukon Denali. Good luck.

A Hillview man has been arrested after he shot down a drone flying over his property -- but he's not making any apologies for it.

It happened Sunday night at a home on Earlywood Way, just south of the intersection between Smith Lane and Mud Lane in Bullitt County, according to an arrest report.

Hillview Police say they were called to the home of 47-year-old William H. Merideth after someone complained about a firearm.

When they arrived, police say Merideth told them he had shot down a drone that was flying over his house. The drone was hit in mid-air and crashed in a field near Merideth's home.

Police say the owner of the drone claimed he was flying it to get pictures of a friend's house -- and that the cost of the drone was over $1,800.

Merideth was arrested and charged with first degree criminal mischief and first degree wanton endangerment. He was booked into the Bullitt County Detention Center, and released on Monday.

WDRB News spoke with Merideth Tuesday afternoon, and he gave his side of the story.

"Sunday afternoon, the kids – my girls – were out on the back deck, and the neighbors were out in their yard," Merideth said. "And they come in and said, 'Dad, there’s a drone out here, flying over everybody’s yard.'"

Merideth's neighbors saw it too.

"It was just hovering above our house and it stayed for a few moments and then she finally waved and it took off," said neighbor Kim VanMeter.

VanMeter has a 16-year-old daughter who lays out at their pool. She says a drone hovering with a camera is creepy and weird.

"I just think you should have privacy in your own backyard," she said.

Merideth agrees and said he had to go see for himself.

“Well, I came out and it was down by the neighbor’s house, about 10 feet off the ground, looking under their canopy that they’ve got under their back yard," Merideth said. "I went and got my shotgun and I said, ‘I’m not going to do anything unless it’s directly over my property.’"

That moment soon arrived, he said.

"Within a minute or so, here it came," he said. "It was hovering over top of my property, and I shot it out of the sky."

"I didn't shoot across the road, I didn't shoot across my neighbor's fences, I shot directly into the air," he added.

It wasn't long before the drone's owners appeared.

"Four guys came over to confront me about it, and I happened to be armed, so that changed their minds," Merideth said.

"They asked me, 'Are you the S-O-B that shot my drone?' and I said, 'Yes I am,'" he said. "I had my 40 mm Glock on me and they started toward me and I told them, 'If you cross my sidewalk, there's gonna be another shooting.'"

A short time later, Merideth said the police arrived.

"There were some words exchanged there about my weapon, and I was open carry – it was completely legal," he said. "Long story short, after that, they took me to jail for wanton endangerment first degree and criminal mischief...because I fired the shotgun into the air."

Merideth said he was disappointed with the police response.

"They didn’t confiscate the drone. They gave the drone back to the individuals," he said. "They didn’t take the SIM card out of it…but we’ve got…five houses here that everyone saw it – they saw what happened, including the neighbors that were sitting in their patio when he flew down low enough to see under the patio."

Hillview Police detective Charles McWhirter says you can't fire your gun in the city.

"Well, we do have a city ordinance against discharging firearms in the city, but the officer made an arrest for a Kentucky Revised Statute violation," he said.

According to the Academy of Model Aeronautics safety code, unmanned aircraft like drones may not be flown in a careless or reckless manner and has to be launched at least 100 feet downwind of spectators.

The FAA says drones cannot fly over buildings -- and that shooting them poses a significant safety hazard.

"An unmanned aircraft hit by gunfire could crash, causing damage to persons or property on the ground, or it could collide with other objects in the air," said FAA spokesman Les Dorr.

Merideth said he's offering no apologies for what he did.

"He didn’t just fly over," he said. "If he had been moving and just kept moving, that would have been one thing -- but when he come directly over our heads, and just hovered there, I felt like I had the right."

"You know, when you’re in your own property, within a six-foot privacy fence, you have the expectation of privacy," he said. "We don't know if he was looking at the girls. We don’t know if he was looking for something to steal. To me, it was the same as trespassing."

For now, Merideth says he's planning on pursuing legal action against the owners of the drone.

"We’re not going to let it go," he said. "I believe there are rules that need to be put into place and the situation needs to be addressed because everyone I’ve spoke to, including police, have said they would have done the same thing."

"Because our rights are being trampled daily," he said. "Not on a local level only - but on a state and federal level. We need to have some laws in place to handle these kind of things."
    http://www.wdrb.com/story/29650818/h...ght-to-privacy

This incident explained : AMERICUH!

Don't like something..... Then it's your God given right to shoot it.