Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

lol, so basically what I said.

Shawn
    Metric Homes Racing Chumpcar #296

1992 BMW 3.0L M52 325i

Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    This to the extreme is T-Boning, right?
    maybe not full 90 degree, but contact, yes.
    Shawn
    Metric Homes Racing Chumpcar #296

1992 BMW 3.0L M52 325i

It really depends on what you are doing out on the track. Competetive racing is totally different than lapping days or even point-by "racing" (I've heard the term "lapping with a winner" used and I would agree). It really depends on the two cars as well. On lapping days you usually have a large performance difference. When we first started road racing (lapping) several times I had someone late pass at the end of a straight. It took several times for me to realize that although the pass seemed late to me, the other car had way better brakes, and it really wasn't that "late " for them. There are some cars in our libre series that I will give a late wave to because I know they can complete the pass safely. Others I wouldn't dare.

We started with the libre series and have really only lapped with that group. literally our first time on a road course (full size) was during a libre event. Nigel knew we both had lots of oval racing experience, and told us he would keep an eye on us. Can someone explain what the purpose of these schools are for? Being new to road racing, I don't really understand it all yet.

Quote Originally Posted by petawawarace View Post
    We started with the libre series and have really only lapped with that group. literally our first time on a road course (full size) was during a libre event. Nigel knew we both had lots of oval racing experience, and told us he would keep an eye on us. Can someone explain what the purpose of these schools are for? Being new to road racing, I don't really understand it all yet.
    Mostly they get people used to the track and the rules of the road out there. You could maybe pick up some racecraft from ASE but your money is probably better spent just racing, and you don't have a passenger seat anyhow
    161 - The Nefarious Rabbit
    86' MR2 - The Dirty Deuce
    91' CB250 - The 'Hawk
    76' CT90 - an heirloom

Quote Originally Posted by raggedrabbit View Post
    Mostly they get people used to the track and the rules of the road out there. You could maybe pick up some racecraft from ASE but your money is probably better spent just racing, and you don't have a passenger seat anyhow
    Thats what the wing is for!!!! Do some tracks/lapping days make you take this before running with them??

Not usually the race schools, but some general HPDE yes.. 1morelap for one, which I'm happy about.

Tim // 2013 Elantra GT GLS 6MT; 1984 Kawasaki KZ550 (IN PARTS); 1997 NA miata track car (Build Thread!!)

Quote Originally Posted by pyxen View Post
    Not usually the race schools, but some general HPDE yes.. 1morelap for one, which I'm happy about.
    Very happy at this 'requirement' for 1morelap. Made sure I knew what I was doing before running myself and I feel comfortable out there with everyone knowing they've all been vetted