Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Driver for hire....

You a left foot braker?
    Im loosing at least 1-2 sec. With the vee guys because I can't do it.

Now that I see it close up in a pic, the white is on the pickup as well as the tire. Very weird.

Left foot brake? No, should have got the paddle shift model then I could be, not sure you can left foot brake in a radical cause if you are braking you are downshifting and you need to use the clutch. There isn't a time where i brake and don't downshift I don't think.
    Driver for hire....

Those tires are done! B-bye. C-ya. L8r.

What you mean by white is on pickup?

White stripe on the excess rubber pick up, at least that is what it looks like. Very odd place to run out of rubber. Outside edge of the right side tire. Middle of the tire as tons of rubber left.

I don't care I'll probably bring them to get new tires mounted monday anyways, it's just weird.
    Driver for hire....

Punk ass bastard kids I race with (ex-karters) are always on the throttle and the brake mid corner (ie. turn 5 at Mosport)...gives them an excellent exit.
    I have to get all my braking done at entry.
    At Bogie...they do it at 6 and 10-12. Can't ever catch them.

Amy Castell's father (Noel?) is always watching on the pit wall, always talks racing...I remember him saying the podium drivers in f1200 never go off the gas, left foot transfers enough weight to make the turn in, keeps the transitions much quicker. She's in f1600 now iirc. Easy to say, probably much more difficult in practice?

I had the pleasure of coaching Amy at the DDT in her Dad's 928 before she got her license.
    She taught me how to trail brake there in that session. Inspired kid. Expect to see her in the big leagues soon.
    Also a left foot braker

True what he said...Mosport is full throttle. Tap the brake into 3, then 5. That's it.
    I'm on my 5th season with my brake pads. lol

So was checking my data logs from this race. Best laptime a 2:14.4 but theoretical best lap (take all best sectors add them together) is a 2:11.5

So I don't have to do anything different than last race and I should technically be able to run a 2:11. Nice.
    Driver for hire....

Quote Originally Posted by wing View Post
    So was checking my data logs from this race. Best laptime a 2:14.4 but theoretical best lap (take all best sectors add them together) is a 2:11.5

So I don't have to do anything different than last race and I should technically be able to run a 2:11. Nice.
    What you do in corner A effects corner B.
    So you may have nailed Corner B once...maybe because you changed up Corner A.
    In theory...simply adding up your "best" segments isn't realistic.
    A fast lap is holistic.

James, Some things I've learned about Calabiogie the last couple of years, that's dropped my times down quite a bit.

Take a look on youtube for the Stohr lap record, and look at Matts laps a little closer. The place I see you losing a lot of time is on the long straights. getting on the gas as early as you can through Gilles is extremely important (and very difficult I find) even if you loose a little time between Jacques and Gilles, it will help down the straights. Big rock is similar aswell. The video of the Stohr will show you some things about Tempation. Matt does it well here too, but notice how they dive low into the inside, but still carry lots of speed, then they seem to "wash" out mid corner, aiming at the cone on the outside and braking hard and really slowing down. This lets them carry much more speed through the first part of the corner, yes they are slower right in the middle, but then get a huge drive off the corner and make up lots of time down thru 9a and 9b. I also noticed that your data is showing 1.5-1.6g's through some of the slower corners, but on 4 left for example you only hit 1.0 or a little more. 4 left is spooky so I'm sure that more confidence in the car will help, but with your aero, you should be able to flat foot it through 4 left. Another big area is to slow down more through wicked, and run right along the right side of the track on the little short shoot between 19 and 20. This will give you a really nice exit onto the front stretch. Watching Matts video you'll see he does this really well.

I thought our tires were going to hell aswell, but trying new lines, and watching guys like Matt (and riding along with him) has allowed me to take off 4-5 seconds a lap on the same "old" tires.

There are 2 thoughts on temptation. I'm not sure which is faster, I like to carry a somewhat constant speed around and get that same shot out, I don't think I'm losing much time there to be honest. For sure in 4left I'm a big chicken, I'm slowly ... going faster there everytime out. 1000's of laps in a road car has messed up my brain, I have yet to adjust to the limits of this car.
    Driver for hire....