Default World Racing League

http://www.worldracingleague.org/

What is WRL?World Racing League LLC (WRL) is a grassroots racing series created with the idea that amateur road racing should be accessible and enjoyable, without unnecessary barriers to participate, and without losing the flavor and nature of competition.
    What does that mean?
    It means that the cost and complexity of auto racing has grown exponentially over the years. It's getting to the point where it's not easy to get in, and it's not cheap to stay in. Even some of the so-called "budget" endurance series seem to have gone off course with "speed creep", increasing costs and big rulebooks. Having been involved in racing at various levels, we had to ask: "Why can't racing just be cheap and simple, as it was intended to be?" And after a swig of single-malt and a silent moment of awkward eye contact in which all mental activity appeared to cease, a voice rang out from the back of the room. "Simple' sounds like something you brain surgeons might actually have a shot at figuring out". Granted, that could have been one of our teenage kids talking, and for the record, only one of us used to be a brain surgeon. But we chose to view it as a sign. A divine revelation. And with that inspiration, we sat down and hashed out the formula for the World Racing League with a Sharpie on the back of a pizza box. By the time the dust settled from the last bottle cap hitting the floor and everyone regained consciousness, we had the Holy Grail on grease-stained cardboard - Simple rules, safe, low-cost racing, and a classing system that opens the series to many while being unfair to none.

Is this another “crap can” racing series?
    Negative Ghost Rider, there is no crap or can here. Sure, WRL is affordable racing focused on providing maximum seat time for the money, and we're obviously not all that formal in our inter-personal communications. But we see no need for arbitrary car value limits, pointless rules, or gimmicks. This is real, honest-to-goodness racing made cheap and easy. The fancy name is just icing on the cake.

Okay so I’m interested. Why is WRL so different from everyone else?
    So simple, a monkey could have come up with it. Which kinda says a lot about us, huh? Classes based on power to weight ratio with a list of specific modifications allowed. No grey areas, no “shall” and “shall not” (who talks like that anyway?). Whether you want to run a completely stock Honda or a (slightly) modified BMW, WRL has a class for you. You have modifications beyond those listed? We can work with that, too (it's in the rules...)

Why Classes?
    Okay, so you've probably known this guy: "I just race for fun, I don't really care if I win". Bollocks! Everyone wants to win something, from the first time they opened a box of Cracker Jacks to their most recent divorce settlement. Coming out on top is part of human nature. We can't guarantee you a spot on the podium, but classes can at least give you a realistic shot at winning even if you brought the proverbial knife to a gun fight. You're just competing with the other knives (insert "dull" joke here)

Do you take this seriously?
    You're darn right we do! We sincerely love this sport and we want to share the love! And that's okay because we've been vaccinated. This is on-the-level, legit racing. No games, no politics or 14 pound rule books peppered with threats. But that doesn't mean we're uptight about it. We've been known to enjoy a bit irreverence here and there, and we don’t take ourselves so seriously that we can’t enjoy the weekend with our racers (when was the last time you saw a steward do a driver’s meeting in his bathrobe?) Whether it’s bbq and beer in the paddock or a technical conversation on pit road, it’s all about the people, race cars, and the joy of racing.

Who the heck are you guys, anyway?

No one special, no massive egos to feed or skeletons rolled up in rugs stuffed in the coat closet. Just (somewhat) clean cut "regular guys" who love to race and who have nothing better to do than offer people a good time, without intervention from the local authorities or the DEA. All combined, we have umpteen years of experience in motorsports, officiating races, hanging out at race tracks, building and racing cars (and other things), playing poker and swilling scotch, and teaching people how to drive really fast - not always at the same time.

sounds familiar. neat.

no “shall” and “shall not” (who talks like that anyway?).
    lol, nailed it.
    Calabogie GT1 Champion 2012 and 2013. Calabogie Cup Challenge Champion 2012 www.1morelap.ca

I like!
    I finally got a new ride!!!!

I just have to put it together now..... 1st world problem.