Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Mont Tremblant Lapping

Well, this turned out to be a great day!!! Rain held off, sun even made an appearance to dry off the track.

www.g1tour.com/en/

Booked this at the Ottawa Car Show this past spring. Got an ~$800 Tremblant package with extra laps for 375 taxes in.

So we get there, get registered and go to a classroom for instruction. (How the cones are setup to indicate turn in, apex and exit etc....)

Who walks in to teach us? Phillipe Latourneau. The guy from Canada's Worst Driver. ( ya the map is upside down, that's the layout of the track looking from the tower)

First couple laps, I drove this:

Next session, I drove this:

My impressions. Ferarri feels more balanced in the corner, much lighter and more precise turn in. Lambo is a brute. Heavy steering, but fuck it puts the power down hard coming out of a corner. Ferarri was easier to drive, Lambo was more fun.

Lots of fun. If you ever have the chance, do it.

Random pics:

Nice. Looks like fun.

Very cool!

Do they let you push the cars?

Am reading this right on their website, 3 Laps on the short track at bogie for $600+Tax?

The Anti-Closer

Bajesus 3 laps?
    RRSP Season is Here!~ PM for TD Canada Trust Contact info.

awesome dude.
    Calabogie GT1 Champion 2012 and 2013. Calabogie Cup Challenge Champion 2012 www.1morelap.ca

ALMOST got that as a groupon a while back, but realized that 3 laps would be very little time...even if the rest of the package would be absolutely awesome. I'm wary of those "rent the supercar (psst: pay for the damages)" kind of packages...

Looks pretty cool tho!

Tim // 2013 Elantra GT GLS 6MT; 1984 Kawasaki KZ550 (IN PARTS); 1997 NA miata track car (Build Thread!!)

Ya it was expensive but something cool to do once. They allowed us to push it as hard as we felt we could comfortably.

I couldn't push it as hard as the car could
    Probably take.

Tremblant is a Very 'hilly' track, at least as far as my limited knowledge of tracks goes. Having blind faith over a hill is not something you go flying into after a lap or 2.

One guy there paid for 40 laps. Don't wanna know what that cost him. Probably would been cheaper to rent a car for a week LOL. He was getting faster as he progressed though.

Learning how to internet mphysk's Avatar

looks like an amazing time!

isn't that what tommy hilfiger does there? fly in and do a couple laps on his track.

way to spend a day in his shoes!
    2008 Mazda 5
    2003 Miata

I brake for baguettes and taco blankets mightymousetech's Avatar

Man, for the full pop $800 you could almost fly to Vegas and do the exotic motorsports thing for the same price.
    Christopher "Mighty Mouse" C.

Quote Originally Posted by GIF-PWR View Post
    I was wrong about this one; enjoy this moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by GIF-PWR View Post
    turns out for the second time in my life, I was wrong.

But there's a bigger point here. The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving.
    R&T April 2013.

They are making money hand over fist doing this. It is their first year in business, and their office organization shows it. Was talking to one of the guys, they had over 50,000 people sign up this year alone. Even with the discounts/groupons etc.... they probably average a minimum 400 per person. That's 2 Mil in year one of operation.

They were upselling extra laps. $100. For 2 minutes..... LOL 2 of the 4 guys that were in our group paid it. Then they offer things like HD pics and go pro vids.

Pics are $35 each, or $55 for 2. And the Go-Pro Vid of your session, regardless of the amount of laps is $75.

Blind

wow. srs coin to be made. insurance must be insane though.

Good bizness for sure. Nigel only caters to racers and he does well.

At $600 for a few laps their costs are low per run.
    Driver for hire....

50000 people? Wut. In 4 months? Nope.
    Calabogie GT1 Champion 2012 and 2013. Calabogie Cup Challenge Champion 2012 www.1morelap.ca

Quote Originally Posted by 1Morelap View Post
    50000 people? Wut. In 4 months? Nope.
    Ya the math seems off to me too - but we were only there from 11:00-1:00 or so and there had to be over 250 people I saw coming and going. They have 4 lambos, 5 ferarris (430's and 360's) and 1 R8 V10. And there are multiple cars on the track at one time.

When I was in the Lambo, we caught up to a ferarri - he told me to pass on the right and put my foot down. Looking up at the map, it was after that 180 turn at the top going into the long back straight. I passed him about mid point on that straight. It was a huge rush cause they had pilons out to shows us the proper line - my instructor said, fuck the cones, put your foot into it. So awesome to literally blow by that ferarri.

This article says they'd sold over 65,000 packages as of August. I wonder about the "selling" tactic though, because in the same article they say that they've been giving away hundreds of passes at a time at some Canadian Tire stores and grocery stores on the Québec side. People have been complaining about their marketing tactics, saying they felt cheated and pressured into buying track time. They even say they've had big problems with their customer service. Nevertheless, it looks like they're doing alright with a fleet of 20 or so cars and operating at 4 tracks. They're even going to start offering packages in Punta Cana.

http://www.lapresse.ca/le-soleil/aff...n-concours.php
    http://www.lapresse.ca/le-soleil/aff...punta-cana.php

Ya their customer service / office related work needs improvement.

We called 2 weeks ago just to make sure everything was good to go. No knowledge of us whatsoever. We didnt exist in their system. We had to supply our receipt(s) and a copy of any credit card statements showing proof of purchase. Was quite the clusterfuck. Got it all sorted out - but had we not called ahead, we woulda shown up and possibly been screwed.

Turn 2 on top of the hill is pretty scary right? Goes up fast, bumpy, blind corner, blind apex, car get so light, then the big drop, turn,... Lol

All I care about is my Porsche... and like maybe 3 people. —Unknown

That corner is awesome, best part of Tremblant IMHO. Looks like you're about to drive off a cliff.