Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yanrider View Post
    Who runs a track day on thanks giving Monday!!??? Damn Jews!!!
    Haha the way I see it: do family stuff Saturday and Sunday, and then I don't have to take a vacation day to head to the track! Win win!

Ya I hear ya that's smart! Actually I'd go but I'm working. Who works on Thanks Giving!!! IMMA JEW!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sb_600 View Post
    Haha the way I see it: do family stuff Saturday and Sunday, and then I don't have to take a vacation day to head to the track! Win win!

Default Full track at Mosport vs Calabogie...

Just quit your job!!!!

msix

Mario, no point means the guy in front doesn't have to give one. You still have passing zones, and the guy in front is expected to hold his line while the other guy makes the pass. The guy in front is still expected to lift when needed.

Srsly man, you'll love it... Come on!!!!
    I dont know if this event provides instructors, but just a caution DO NOT drive Mosport for the first time without instructions ... this track is high speed and unforgiving!

Quote Originally Posted by msix View Post
    I dont know if this event provides instructors, but just a caution DO NOT drive Mosport for the first time without instructions ... this track is high speed and unforgiving!
    This is very true but you learn the track quickly. The bridges make excellent points of reference and as long as you're on the proper side of the crowns coming into 2 and 4 you do fine.

Klaus, I'm pretty sure that Carl does provide instructors - I remember seeing cars with triangles on the back. In any case, give Carl a call to confirm.

I'd vouch for you Mario. The Oct event is usually just follow the leader in the first run group. At least it was for me. Chuck vouched for me back then.
    I was letting a lot of cars by until after lunch, then it evened out.
    Calabogie GT1 Champion 2012 and 2013. Calabogie Cup Challenge Champion 2012 www.1morelap.ca

Thanks man I’m still thinking about it, my problem is more how do I bring this subject up with the wife! Yeah, I’m out of track points. I’m working on this....

All I care about is my Porsche... and like maybe 3 people. —Unknown

Advanced group runs first in the morning, so I also recommend you grab a ride-along with someone who knows the track to get your bearings. Watching videos help but they really don't do justice to the actual elevation changes on the track.

I'd be happy to give you a ride if you wanted....

MortgaGeoff

Give her a Spa weekend! PM for details.
    Geoff Chislett
    Principal Broker, Mortgage Alliance Ottawa
    gchislett@tmacc.com
    613-227-8813 x.101
    "Ask me how you could win $100,000"

I brake for baguettes and taco blankets mightymousetech's Avatar

Advanced group runs first in the morning, so I also recommend you grab a ride-along with someone who knows the track to get your bearings. Watching videos help but they really don't do justice to the actual elevation changes on the track.
    HA HA!! Corner 5. Who put the fucking wall in the middle of the track!!!!!!!
    Christopher "Mighty Mouse" C.

Quote Originally Posted by GIF-PWR View Post
    I was wrong about this one; enjoy this moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by GIF-PWR View Post
    turns out for the second time in my life, I was wrong.

But there's a bigger point here. The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving.
    R&T April 2013.

Ski JUUUUUUMMMMMPPPPPPP!

Say this to her " I'm only going to this event if I sell my NT05s by the end of the week". Seems like a sensible thing to say IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    Thanks man I’m still thinking about it, my problem is more how do I bring this subject up with the wife! Yeah, I’m out of track points. I’m working on this....

Quote Originally Posted by yanrider View Post
    Say this to her " I'm only going to this event if I sell my NT05s by the end of the week". Seems like a sensible thing to say IMO
    That’s a fucking good one but I already told her I sold them this morning and I lied again, I added $200 not to get in trouble again. I’m working on a plan...

Well guys finally found the nerves to talk to my number 1 sponsor, my better half... Started like “hey babe, there’s this lapping event at Mosport Monday the 8 I didn’t know about (lie), you know during the long weekend... I wasn’t planning on doing any more lapping this year (lie), but I’ve always wanted try Mosport and its not that expensive, $200 (lie) and now that I have a bigger oil pan its safe for me to go there and lots of guys I know are are going (lie, I know Shawn)... and to my amazement, I was expecting and prepared for ‘THE look’, but instead I got a sweet look, even a feeling of sympathy!? WTF!

Turns out, she also had something big on her mind for a while too and she just didn’t know when it would be a good time to tell me about it! Ah! Turns out her parents, my in laws, are coming over for the long weekend and the best part, they will be staying with us this time!? Not at her brother’s place and she knows how much I love having her mother around to keep reminding me how much of a looser I am and that her daughter deserved so much more, blah, blah, blah... for 3 days, nothing less...

So she said, great, what a good idea. That way you don’t have to be around the whole weekend, you could even take a room, the day before... WTF!!!

No need to tell you I’ve already email the organizers that I want in. Hopefully they’ll take a new guy

LOL Drama!
    Driver for hire....

Ain’t that cool! Saved by the guilt the mother in laws brings with her... I don’t know if that translated well in English

Default Full track at Mosport vs Calabogie...

Pas la belle mèyre pour le long week-end au complet!?!?! Sa c du sport!

Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    Well guys finally found the nerves to talk to my number 1 sponsor, my better half... Started like “hey babe, there’s this lapping event at Mosport Monday the 8 I didn’t know about (lie), you know during the long weekend... I wasn’t planning on doing any more lapping this year (lie), but I’ve always wanted try Mosport and its not that expensive, $200 (lie) and now that I have a bigger oil pan its safe for me to go there and lots of guys I know are are going (lie, I know Shawn)... and to my amazement, I was expecting and prepared for ‘THE look’, but instead I got a sweet look, even a feeling of sympathy!? WTF!

Turns out, she also had something big on her mind for a while too and she just didn’t know when it would be a good time to tell me about it! Ah! Turns out her parents, my in laws, are coming over for the long weekend and the best part, they will be staying with us this time!? Not at her brother’s place and she knows how much I love having her mother around to keep reminding me how much of a looser I am and that her daughter deserved so much more, blah, blah, blah... for 3 days, nothing less...

So she said, great, what a good idea. That way you don’t have to be around the whole weekend, you could even take a room, the day before... WTF!!!

No need to tell you I’ve already email the organizers that I want in. Hopefully they’ll take a new guy
    hilarious!!

i have had the same conversation with my wife 3x so far this year.

t

W - Will (to do cool shit)
    I - Impeeding
    F - For
    E - Evar!!!

I just made that up lol. I'm lucky I guess or our wedding is maybe still too fresh to tell however; I wouldn't understand...