Default Calabogie Motorsports Park Info

Questions? Ask here. You'll find most (if not all) of the information you need right on the website, but some people are either too stupid or too lazy to click and read. If you feel like you want to get out of your element and reading for a change, try here.

http://www.calabogiemotorsports.com

Let's get the ball rolling with a question....

What is the sound limit for lapping sessions?
    • Cars, the average should be no more than 100 dbA with no single reading over 104 dbA.
    • Motorcycles, the average should be no more than 98 dbA with no single reading over 100 dbA.
    http://www.calabogiemotorsports.com/sound-management
    Last edited by awndray; May 19th, 2011 at 08:23pm. Reason: Fixed the title

Posting with a little green alien! F U Iphone!!

I am both to stupid and for sure lazy!

Thanks Dre.

Man that "Whats the noise level?" question comes up every week.

That Black 2 door civic guy failed and they still let him run on mom's day (106 db apparently)
    Probably going to hell.

To clarify there are two tests. static in the paddock up close and under load on the track form 50feet.
    1. Screening Test - After a brief visual muffler check, a stationary test is undertaken. Sound levels will be measured 15 feet in front and behind the vehicle while the engine is revved at the maximum allowable rpm or the red line of the tachometer.
      • Cars, the average should be no more than 100 dbA with no single reading over 104 dbA.
      • Motorcycles, the average should be no more than 98 dbA with no single reading over 100 dbA.

2. Pass-by Test - With the vehicle under full acceleration on the track, a reading will be taken from 50 feet. The maximum level allowed is 92 dbA. This level and standard is the most commonly used in North America and Europe and is where the entire industry is headed. Tests are valid for 9 months unless modifications to vehicle are made.
    consider this a floating rule, these are not followed to exact specifics each time. They don't do redline anymore. Max allowed for our May8th event was 98db in the paddock.
    just don't be a dick about it and you'll be fine.
    Calabogie GT1 Champion 2012 and 2013. Calabogie Cup Challenge Champion 2012 www.1morelap.ca

I was 100.5 last year guess I'll put in the silencer! The GT3's were loud ....
    Driver for hire....

ya.. floating rule. I was 99, they let me go. I'll carry a copy of the website next event, dude doing the test never heard of 104 before. I never met him before either. lolz.
    Calabogie GT1 Champion 2012 and 2013. Calabogie Cup Challenge Champion 2012 www.1morelap.ca

I think they also go out a mile in town and check sound levels there too. I thought it was 98 in the paddock and 104 on track.

By now. The people in town should realize this track has more up and down sides. Fuck.

The Real Grabber

I was only asking because this event starts after the track normally closes so i didn't know if the sound regs remained the same..., My mustang registered a 99.8 before i put cones in.... now i think im around 98