Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Helmet Choices.

PoF Stud Muffin

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpecV04-T View Post
    Doesn't sound like much of a choice
    Right. I am going with ghey.

The Real Grabber

if you choose to do the calabogie cup, open face is nice so you can have a drink during your pitstop... I have full face and just ended up just splashing water in the eye opening, hoping to get some in my mouth... mostly it went down my shirt and on my pants... so instead of looking ghey, i just looked like a pissed my pants... muuuuch better.

As for ratings, i havent checked rules and reg's this year, but as of last year all SNELL M rated to the appropriate year were fine UNLESS you have a roll cage, at that point you require an SA helmet. Again, no one is checking unless something really terrible happens. At that point you dont have anything to worry about... your next of kin might though...

all ASN sanctioned clubs (MCO/SPDA/BIMMER etc etc ) require M2005 minimum for lapping. SA2005 if you are using a caged car. The new stuff is **2010 rated now.
    Some clubs have extended the M2000 rating for one more year, but nobody sells those anymore.

At any event, it's up to the organizer. Get a proper rated helmet, then you don't need to worry about it.

Pat sells really good SA rated buckets, removable liner to clean sweat, I have one. Closed face, because my face is pretty and I like it.

If you want M rated, call Carl at http://www.perryautolaval.com/performanceeng.php , tell him Greg sent ya.
    Calabogie GT1 Champion 2012 and 2013. Calabogie Cup Challenge Champion 2012 www.1morelap.ca

Where is the best place in the city to try on helmets? I want to get one to start lapping and have for a motorcycle helmet but i have an abnormally large head. Would rather try them on locally before i price shop. Any cheapish brands that are recommended.

PoF Stud Muffin

Powersports or Ottawa Goodtime have a decent selection. Can't comment on price though.

Found this summary on the M2005 vs SA2005 ratings....

SA standard requires flammability test while the M standard does not.
    SA standard has rollbar impact test while M standard does not.
    SA standard allows narrower visual field than M standard (Some SA helmets aren't street legal)."

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Powersports or Ottawa Goodtime have a decent selection. Can't comment on price though.
    I bought my helmet from Goodtime center on Hunt club. They had no SA helmets that I could find. Price range started at 140 and went to 1200. I bought a $320 helmet (M2005 - which I will use on my forthcoming bike). Goodtime didn't have alot of XL helmets or 2XL (depending on the brand I needed 2xl).

SilverSpecV04-T

Was just a goodtime today and they had a few open face choices.

NICE FACE!