Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

is your mustang was used in the ontario solosprints by previous owner? it seems familiar....

MortgaGeoff

Keep in mind that Klaus' car runs out of gear at 200kph, so that's as fast as he's going up the back stretch. Don't judge your speeds around that turn by what it looks like Klaus is doing.
    Geoff Chislett
    Principal Broker, Mortgage Alliance Ottawa
    gchislett@tmacc.com
    613-227-8813 x.101
    "Ask me how you could win $100,000"

I'm basing that off of what my instructor was telling me to do last year, I had lots left but hitting that hump at 220+ is unnerving to say the least lol

The Real Grabber

Quote Originally Posted by Robin2 View Post
    is your mustang was used in the ontario solosprints by previous owner? it seems familiar....
    Yes, it was, father and son team. The son then build up an 06 mustang, and eventually moved out west to work in Alberta. I bought the car off the father last year.

thought so..... remember seeing that mustang / was my instructor at solosprint school. it looked well prepped / race ready.

jgraves

Atkins' car has been around solosprint before I started in 2001. It's quick and I don't recall them having any issues with it. It was run by Perry Iannuzzi (current CASC-OR prez) before the Atkins but there may have been an owner in between.

PS Chris is quick so you're doing good if you can get close to his times.

The Real Grabber

They did a phenomenal job preparing that car. Everything was done right, no skimping on anything, which is nice, you dont want to have to buy a car and have to redo anything. The cage alone is a thing of beauty.

Robin: Was your instructor Chuck(Dad) or Chris (son)? Did you go out in the car?

Jgraves: Apparently it has been through a couple of owners. We bought it just after a complete rebuild of the motor. So it's fresh and strong. The Atkins boys put a lot of work into once they got it. I don't know if I'll ever be as fast as Chris, but I'll sure try!