PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull Global Rally Cross Shuts Down

Angry Chicken
April 18th, 2018, 07:34am
http://autoweek.com/article/racing/red-bull-global-rallycross-shuts-down-2018-leaves-trail-unpaid-bills

such a shame. I know that several people here went to see it here in Ottawa last year and had a blast.

yanrider
April 18th, 2018, 07:48am
Boooooo...flakes

Robin2
April 18th, 2018, 08:33am
I helped out at the Ottawa event. Poorly organized overall for the volunteers.

Too much misinformation and bad organization. I was supposed to help Saturday and Sunday and ended doing Saturday only.

I had a good time seeing all the pro rally friends from USA and Canada that haven't seen in long time either they were on teams, or helped or or came to watch.

Angry Chicken
April 18th, 2018, 11:46am
I helped out at the Ottawa event. Poorly organized overall for the volunteers.
Too much misinformation and bad organization. I was supposed to help Saturday and Sunday and ended doing Saturday only.

I had a good time seeing all the pro rally friends from USA and Canada that haven't seen in long time either they were on teams, or helped or or came to watch.
That sucks. So this is probably close to home for you:

The first public signs of turmoil became apparent in February (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/red-bull-global-rally-cross-ottawa-unpaid-vendor-bill-1.4514438) when the Rockcliffe Flying Club, hosts of GRC Ottawa in Canada, claimed an unpaid vendor bill of $20,000. Dyne claimed it was an accounting oversight and the Rockcliffe Flying Club received a check within eight hours of the unpaid bill becoming public

sb_915
April 18th, 2018, 11:51am
So that's why Steve Arpin is partnering up with Ken Block/Hoonigan... switch rallycross clubs. Hopefully that one comes instead :)

Legacy
April 18th, 2018, 01:21pm
Dammit, should have gone when I had the chance

93GTCANADA
April 18th, 2018, 01:24pm
Went last year with the kids. Wasn't very well planned. The food trucks were a disaster. I don't think i would go again.

Robin2
April 18th, 2018, 01:32pm
The food trucks were a disaster.

i was controlling traffic near there..... that was just a stupid! the vietnamese tent we're cooking from home plug in deep fryers. they were so slow and at one point giving raw chichen to people and ran out of food too.

one line was to pay and then get in another line to get food. people were waiting for 2-3 hrs!

for volunteers, the food they had was from mucho burrito but they didn't order enough and ran out.

93GTCANADA
April 18th, 2018, 01:33pm
I actually left and brought back mcdonald for everyone that was with us.

daft_mx5
April 18th, 2018, 04:24pm
They ordered like 100 pizzas for the vip section. All right in my books.

Careener
April 18th, 2018, 11:35pm
The racing was good as was the easy access to the drivers and crews.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

petawawarace
April 18th, 2018, 11:37pm
So that's why Steve Arpin is partnering up with Ken Block/Hoonigan... switch rallycross clubs. Hopefully that one comes instead :)

Yup. America’s Rallycross or something like that. I used to race sleds with Steve. One of the most down to earth, talented and hardest working guys I’ve ever met. He runs the whole team, gets sponsors, drives the rig, etc and manages to compete against the likes of Andretti Autosport with 1/10th the budget.