PDA

View Full Version : WIL (what I learned) today at the track August 7 2015

runwhatyabrung
August 7th, 2015, 11:24pm
10 years on the track in a low power (Miata) car does not equate to being a good smooth driver the first time you drive on the track with a car with power (370Z). I was over braking, missing my apex and at the next corner braking too late and going too deep. Drive a slow car fast sure is a lot easier than driving a fast car faster, it even made me miss the old girly car. I even turned down a passenger because I did not feel comfortable with the new car. Apologies to anyone that had to follow my funky lines, I tried to let everyone by ASAP. Damn it I need more practice. Thanks for a well run event Greg.

t
August 8th, 2015, 07:17am
Practice makes perfect.

Get someone to coach shotgun next time.

runwhatyabrung
August 8th, 2015, 08:32am
That's the intent

Practice makes perfect.

Get someone to coach shotgun next time.

1Morelap
August 8th, 2015, 08:34am
lol, your excitement about the car last night was awesome. We've always got advanced drivers willing to help. We'll make you fast.

mphysk
August 8th, 2015, 08:48am
Lol.... Was just about to make a post asking for your 370 review compared to the Miata....

runwhatyabrung
August 8th, 2015, 09:14am
Lol.... Was just about to make a post asking for your 370 review compared to the Miata....
Yeah halfway up rocky road the 370 was already faster than what the miata did at the end of it. And I did not have good entry speed onto it.

Pete
August 8th, 2015, 09:41am
Now you see how i felt going from slow miatas and the brz to the tuned STi... [emoji38]

Seems like you had a good time!

pyxen
August 8th, 2015, 10:27am
I don't care what it's like...I want to try something faster sometime.

Mario
August 8th, 2015, 10:34am
I'd love to try the 370Z, it's my G's twin

ZOO
August 8th, 2015, 10:46am
The flip side happens, too. When I track my Miata I generally brake too much and too early. It generally takes me several laps to recalibrate to a slower car from the M3.