PDA

View Full Version : Bell M-4 Helmet -- thoughts

Angry Chicken
April 18th, 2015, 10:09am
I would like to get a helmet with SA2010 rating for my passengers at track days, mainly because of the fireproof liner. I have a line on a new Bell M-4, size L, at a good price, and I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience or thoughts about this helmet?

NoLimits Autoparts
April 18th, 2015, 10:30am
Dont think you can go wrong with bell products. The fire rating doesnt mean much unless they are wearing a full fire suit in the first place though.

Angry Chicken
April 18th, 2015, 05:05pm
As long as the flames don't harm their face, I'm good. ;-)

I read a couple of reviews, but I guess other than weight and fit there's not much to say...

iandachef
April 18th, 2015, 05:07pm
Personally I'd probably buy flameproof boxers first, protect the money maker you know...

Mario
April 18th, 2015, 06:00pm
Can't imagine your car catching fire like that. I've never seen a car catch fire at the track yet. I'm sure it happens but more likely to race car. Others will correct me if I'm wrong

Angry Chicken
April 18th, 2015, 08:35pm
Personally I'd probably buy flameproof boxers first, protect the money maker you know...
Pretty mercenary! ;-)
Actually, I'm not worried too much about a fire to be honest, but I have noticed that my helmeted head does not fit through my window. Stupid slit trench windows. Fashionable, yes. Smart, nein.