PDA

View Full Version : Good All-around Track Tire

Angry Chicken
March 2nd, 2015, 07:52pm
A couple of us (sorry wing) hijacked this thread: http://forums.midnightruns.com/showthread.php?43175-Project-daily-driver so I thought I'd start a new thread. I'm sure there are lots of opinions about track tires. No duh. I have my own. I don't want a stonking R-Comp. Well actually I want them, I just don't need them. I need something that suits the crappy, variable weather that I've seen the last couple of years at Calabogie without having to bring two sets of tires to the track. To that end, I bought (he doesn't know it yet...check your email, Andre) a set of Continental ExtremeContact DW tires from Slick Automotive. I've had the DW before, but in a different size, and quite like them. I also used the Michelin Pilot Super Sport, but it's not available in the size I want: 255/40/17 to match my new 17x9 track rims. FWIW here's what I said in the hijacked thread:

I've had both and in the same season and on the same size rims. The DW is an excellent wet weather tire (http://www.amazon.com/b?node=353609011). So is the Pilot Super Sport *and* the Michelin (http://www.walmart.com/finder/tires/?povid=cat121828-env999999-moduleA120512-lLinkGNAV1_AutoTires_TireFinder) lasted me almost the whole season....which is saying something because I was out to at least 4 1morelap events and 3 all-day HPDEs run by MCO and CMP + a Shannonville one too. I gave my DD Conti DW's a whirl near the end of the season after I started cording the Michelins and can honestly say that at their price point they are an excellent tire. They don't hook up as quickly as the Michelins as their sidewalls seem to flex until the tread hooks up and then they hang in just as nicely as the Michelins. Funny, but this is pretty much what that C&D report "Monsters of Grip" said. And yes, you are getting 95% of the performance with the DW's at about 2/3 the price. Not bad.

This is a timely discussion because I purchased some nice 17x9 Ronals to put on the TT and am right in the middle of debating what to put on. I've been leaning strongly towards the DW's, mainly because of their price point and how surprisingly good they've been for me. That said, I see that the Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Spec is getting really good reviews and the PSS is not available in the 255/40/17 size I want. You can't go wrong with the PSS's but (and I think dbg will want to chime in here) they get a bit greasy when they get hot. Greasy might be too strong a word, but there's no question that their ultimate grip does fall off when they get very hot. I suspect that a more track-focused tire like the Dunlop might be able to take repeated heat cycles better, but I'd be worried about their performance in cold and/or wet conditions like we've seen at CMP lately.

So... you can't go wrong with the DW, but you'll want to look after them on the track.

Anyway I'm looking forward to the extra contact patch of the wider size. I was oh-so-close to buying the Dunlops but decided better the devil you know. Plus if I leave the Contis on for a couple of days after a track day I don't have to feel bad about wearing them out. If they're good enough for the CMP Mustangs, they're good enough for me.

wing
March 2nd, 2015, 08:29pm
Didn't know before the mustangs had DWs. They were pretty good, not amazing, a little slidey but easy to powerslide them, very progressive.

Now I do have to agree they were a little mushy on turn in, but compared to the radical what isn't?

Note Bridgestone has a new tire. RE-71R.

Trying to see if I can get a set to see what they are like.

1Morelap
March 3rd, 2015, 01:24am
https://vimeo.com/72636198

sb_915
March 3rd, 2015, 09:18am
A couple of us (sorry wing) hijacked this thread: http://forums.midnightruns.com/showthread.php?43175-Project-daily-driver so I thought I'd start a new thread. I'm sure there are lots of opinions about track tires. No duh. I have my own. I don't want a stonking R-Comp. Well actually I want them, I just don't need them. I need something that suits the crappy, variable weather that I've seen the last couple of years at Calabogie without having to bring two sets of tires to the track. To that end, I bought (he doesn't know it yet...check your email, Andre) a set of Continental ExtremeContact DW tires from Slick Automotive. I've had the DW before, but in a different size, and quite like them. I also used the Michelin Pilot Super Sport, but it's not available in the size I want: 255/40/17 to match my new 17x9 track rims. FWIW here's what I said in the hijacked thread:

Anyway I'm looking forward to the extra contact patch of the wider size. I was oh-so-close to buying the Dunlops but decided better the devil you know. Plus if I leave the Contis on for a couple of days after a track day I don't have to feel bad about wearing them out. If they're good enough for the CMP Mustangs, they're good enough for me.

If you have dedicated track wheels, why not go even better with an RS3/Rival, NT01, or RA1?

wing
March 3rd, 2015, 09:20am
LOL at spin!

Jethro
March 3rd, 2015, 09:24am
LOL at spin!

FPOS
March 3rd, 2015, 09:25am
for treaded tires, I've been impressed with the Dunlop star specs. a buddy of mine with a certain white 135 has bought more than one set. that almost never happens with him lol. I was gonna get NT01s but I stumbled on my BFG slicks used for $100....

Jethro
March 3rd, 2015, 09:25am
I think the mustang greg drove in that race had the falkens on it. I`ve driven the CMP mustangs with the falkens and the conti`s. Contis were better. Less hockeypuckish.

mightymousetech
March 3rd, 2015, 09:26am
If you already bought them, why are we doing this? ;)

Angry Chicken
March 3rd, 2015, 09:42am
Because thread title. I'm not asking for validation of my own choice (not that insecure).

sb_915
March 3rd, 2015, 09:48am
Because thread title. I'm not asking for validation of my own choice (not that insecure).

YOU MADE A BIG MISTAKE!!!

lol

Slick
March 3rd, 2015, 09:54am
Awesome @ spin too.

Greg, what tires were those? They aren't DW's.

Jethro
March 3rd, 2015, 09:58am
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/tires/falken/product/byName.do?r=NMAINT&tmn=Ziex%20ZE-612&typ=Passenger/Performance

Slick
March 3rd, 2015, 10:00am
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/tires/falken/product/byName.do?r=NMAINT&tmn=Ziex%20ZE-612&typ=Passenger/Performance

Ah yes, the Falkens pucks you were mentioning.

wing
March 3rd, 2015, 10:02am
Ok, those are the ones I drove then when i drove the mustang, they were slidey.

tellum
March 3rd, 2015, 10:04am
Just DD your car with RA-1's like I used to. Fun in the rain! :P

mightymousetech
March 3rd, 2015, 10:05am
We have used the *spec and RS3 on our chump car. The *spec could take a beating and seemed to last forever. We could do a full 8 hours, rotate them front/back, and do another full 8 hours. When we tried the RS3, we destroyed the fronts in about 5 hours. The outside edge was chunking and falling apart down to the chord. And they were only very slightly faster. By accident we tried the ZII non star spec, horrible when cold/wet.

mightymousetech
March 3rd, 2015, 10:06am
Just DD your car with RA-1's like I used to. Fun in the rain! :P

Just don't get caught. They are not street legal.

Although, this is coming from the guy that drove on the street several times with Goodyear cantilever slicks. Still remember a mustang trying to keep up to the SUPER bunny on an off ramp. All I saw in my mirror was headlights-taillights-headlights-taillights-curb-undercar-headlights. :lol:

wing
March 3rd, 2015, 10:07am
Just don't get caught by officer Casey. They are not street legal.

Fixed

tellum
March 3rd, 2015, 10:10am
Had cops look at them at the Tim's one day and not care. #luckyfuck

EDIT: They are DOT approved.

1Morelap
March 3rd, 2015, 10:11am
huh, I thought they were conti. my bad.

#mortgagespins

mightymousetech
March 3rd, 2015, 10:11am
Had cops look at them at the Tim's one day and not care. #luckyfuck

Very lucky. They say "for competition use only" on the sidewall, which is specifically banned for road use in the HTA.

DOT numbers don't make a difference.

wing
March 3rd, 2015, 10:12am
Ask Bernier Dad. Stopped on HWY 17 with slicks on Vette, they didn't care either.

mightymousetech
March 3rd, 2015, 10:15am
Oh I know. I used to do it all the time myself. Just don't get mad if you get caught, ticketed and towed.

figo
March 3rd, 2015, 10:57am
I wouldn't be worried about the police, I would be worried if you had to maneuver quickly in daily traffic without heat in the tires.

Choose the right tire for the right purpose.

Legacy
March 3rd, 2015, 11:21am
That's not the huge issue some people would have you believe. I've left 710 's on the Forester when I forgot to change them from an autox on Sundays. Driven them to work, in the cool morning, in damp conditions. They're just fine, no omigod gonna die moments going around corners.

tellum
March 3rd, 2015, 11:23am
Only issue I ever had was a bit of a tank-slapper on a really cold morning (about 0 degrees) and a healthy amount of throttle.

dbg
March 3rd, 2015, 11:36am
I wouldn't be worried about the police, I would be worried if you had to maneuver quickly in daily traffic without heat in the tires.

That doesn't worry me. Being caught in a downpour - THEN you could be in trouble.

I've used Michelin Pilot Super Sport, Star Specs, and Continental Extreme Contact DW. They're all in the same ballpark performance-wise.

The newer version of the Star Specs didn't like cold/wet conditions, but were good in cold and in wet... just not both at once for some reason.

mightymousetech
March 3rd, 2015, 11:42am
The newer version of the Star Specs didn't like cold/wet conditions, but were good in cold and in wet... just not both at once for some reason.

Are you sure it was the star spec and not just the regular ZII? Between the two, the star spec is much better in the cold.

schmoo
March 3rd, 2015, 12:00pm
I like the RS3 and the original Star Spec (never driven new star spec). There is more life in the Star Spec and probably better in the wet than the RS3, but the RS3 seems more heat tolerant.

dbg
March 3rd, 2015, 12:03pm
Are you sure it was the star spec and not just the regular ZII? Between the two, the star spec is much better in the cold.

Oh, you're right they were ZII.

Angry Chicken
March 3rd, 2015, 06:02pm
YOU MADE A BIG MISTAKE!!!

lol
You talking to me? You talking to ME? ...... :music: In my happy place with new tires on the way. Thanks Slick.

GiJoe_
March 3rd, 2015, 06:38pm
I've used Michelin Pilot Super Sport, Star Specs, and Continental Extreme Contact DW. They're all in the same ballpark performance-wise.

Disagree, the PSS I found where pretty crappy on the track, I've driven RS3, PS2, PSS and *spec ZII.

The ZII where by far the best, RS3 are second, got greasy and didn't last that long. PSS are a good street tire but I didn't even drive on the track that much when I had my PSS on, just want fun I was fighting to get traction compared to the ZII.

I would like to try the DW, but I'm really thinking I'll stick with ZII or go to an R comp.

This is on a somewhat heavy car, 3200.

karmaboy
March 3rd, 2015, 07:09pm
FWIW- Michelin PSS are crap on a Mini in a snowy parking lot.
Had to get out and physically push it back into the garage.

<I was actually just trying to turn the car around for brakework...amazing how useless a summer tire is in the snow.>

wing
March 3rd, 2015, 07:54pm
lol yeah...

Even with winter tires I need momentum to get in the garage lol

wing
March 3rd, 2015, 08:24pm
Hey gais.

What about S-Drive?

FPOS
March 3rd, 2015, 08:51pm
Fantastic street tire. I have them for the corrado. No idea how they would fair in the track though

dbg
March 3rd, 2015, 10:57pm
Disagree, the PSS I found where pretty crappy on the track, I've driven RS3, PS2, PSS and *spec ZII.

The ZII where by far the best, RS3 are second, got greasy and didn't last that long. PSS are a good street tire but I didn't even drive on the track that much when I had my PSS on, just want fun I was fighting to get traction compared to the ZII.

I would like to try the DW, but I'm really thinking I'll stick with ZII or go to an R comp.

This is on a somewhat heavy car, 3200.

Okay, fair comment. PSS can't take the heat. On cold days they worked great. On hot days they would work great for 20 minutes and then totally go to shit.

And Karmaboy is totally right that PSS utterly suck balls on snow/ice - don't even try it they're terrifying. (Got caught once changing tires too late.)

mphysk
March 3rd, 2015, 11:03pm
Hey gais.

What about S-Drive?

Lol serious?

Fantastic street tire, smooth/quiet/squishy. Horrible for performance driving, greaseballs on par with wanlis

Rainey94
March 3rd, 2015, 11:09pm
Lol serious?

Fantastic street tire, smooth/quiet/squishy. Horrible for performance driving, greaseballs on par with wanlis

This, I drove a guys CRX at autocross who had S-drives, Even I knew they were Awful haha.

Legacy
March 3rd, 2015, 11:12pm
NT-05's

- cheap
- long lasting

Got 2 summers out of them on the vette track days included. The're actually decent in the wet, thought they would be scary given the thread pattern but theyre not .

wing
March 4th, 2015, 07:11am
Interesting about the s drive they are rated same as PSS for treadwear so thought they would be close than junk status. If

mightymousetech
March 4th, 2015, 07:25am
You will hate the S Drives. They are hockey pucks. The PSS tread wear is some kind of black magic. I don't know how they get such good tread wear considering the amount of grip they have.

Jethro
March 4th, 2015, 08:18am
Treadwear != traction. :-)

Rainey94
March 4th, 2015, 08:29am
This might be abit of a take over but, have any of you guys run a R888/nt01/V700s as DD tires? If so how much worse were they then a cheater tire(RS3/RE11/ZII/AD08/Rival)? I ask this as I found a wicked deal on R888s in the right size. I know very well that the addition in performance would be negligible on the street, I don't think I've even come to the limits of my RE11s on the street in the dry.

wing
March 4th, 2015, 08:52am
R888 is good, but not great in the rain. And they tramline like crazy on the street

schmoo
March 4th, 2015, 09:04am
I would put the RS3/Star Spec > R888.

R888 is good for a couple of track days and then total and utter crap.

Robin2
March 4th, 2015, 09:08am
S. Fong (MCO guy with S2000) always ran R888's on his autox/track days for his s2000. by the fall, they'd be down.

How much kms do you drive?

NT01's and R888's are good overall.... but comparing tires is always subjective..... especially when you factor in everyone's experience and the type of cars (very light to heavy cars)... etc... so many factors.

wing
March 4th, 2015, 09:13am
R888 is a competition tire. It's meant to be fast once and then that's it. I'm sure new for new they are faster than RS3 but they will wear quick and after a few times, yeah they aren't much better anymore.

To get the most out of them you are suppose to shave them.

schmoo
March 4th, 2015, 10:36am
On my light and not too powerful miata, the 225/45 was faster than the RS3 for one track day. On day 2 (the next day), they were about the same. After that, the RS3 was better. Factor in cost and the answer is simple, unless you need to win a race on day 1, but even then, I'd take a Z214 over the R888 for even more grip at price between the R888 and RS3.

Full disclosure, I've tried the R888, the R1R, and some Toyo snow tires. I hated them all. The snow tires got rough riding as they wore down and the R1R had a dual rubber compound where most of the tread was actually a hard, low-grip rubber. This construction was on the 225, but not on the 205. Did Toyo disclose that? No.

I'm tempted to try an RA1, but leary of giving Toyo more of my money.

sb_915
March 4th, 2015, 11:28am
On my light and not too powerful miata, the 225/45 was faster than the RS3 for one track day. On day 2 (the next day), they were about the same. After that, the RS3 was better. Factor in cost and the answer is simple, unless you need to win a race on day 1, but even then, I'd take a Z214 over the R888 for even more grip at price between the R888 and RS3.

Full disclosure, I've tried the R888, the R1R, and some Toyo snow tires. I hated them all. The snow tires got rough riding as they wore down and the R1R had a dual rubber compound where most of the tread was actually a hard, low-grip rubber. This construction was on the 225, but not on the 205. Did Toyo disclose that? No.

I'm tempted to try an RA1, but leary of giving Toyo more of my money.

RA1s are good, but if you dont' want to buy Toyo, get NT01s. same compount IIRC, and good out of the box!

mphysk
March 4th, 2015, 12:27pm
I loved my r888, in 225/45/15, as a track and daily tire. Did not like how the center tread wears out when inflated to 'proper' pressures.

I asked in jameses thread: has anyone used rs3 and nt01 back to back?

I'm excited for the new kumho v720 which should be out in the next couple months

Angry Chicken
March 6th, 2015, 06:11pm
My Continental ExtremeContact DW's (who thinks up these names?) are in! Thanks Slick. Going to get those bad boys mounted and start dreaming about lapping days. Come on, Spring?!! Where are you?

Jethro
March 6th, 2015, 06:56pm
Officially it's Sunday I think.

Angry Chicken
March 6th, 2015, 08:24pm
Funny guy. That's when we move the clocks ahead. 21 March is the 1st calendar day of spring. Can't fool me! I want to see some stinkin' warm weather and a good melt before I say spring has sprung.

Jethro
March 6th, 2015, 08:37pm
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaa. You got me. ;-)

sb_915
March 6th, 2015, 10:06pm
I loved my r888, in 225/45/15, as a track and daily tire. Did not like how the center tread wears out when inflated to 'proper' pressures.

I asked in jameses thread: has anyone used rs3 and nt01 back to back?

I'm excited for the new kumho v720 which should be out in the next couple months
Rs3s on the chumpcar and nt01s on race car. Different sizes and widths though so hard to say. I think the nt01s are slightly better though imo. Ask Jamie though if you can reach him: he had both on his e36.

Veyronkiller
March 6th, 2015, 10:43pm
Very lucky. They say "for competition use only" on the sidewall, which is specifically banned for road use in the HTA.

DOT numbers don't make a difference.
Just tell the cop that it doesn't mention what kind of competition... could be tire flipping competition.
Gray area...

Veyronkiller
March 6th, 2015, 10:46pm
So what kind of tire for a powerful 3500lbs car ?
Looking for bang for the buck so half decent durability but I want lots of grip as well ?

Legacy
March 6th, 2015, 11:08pm
Street tire NT05, Track tire NT01. Hard to do better for same money. Money to burn, V710

1Morelap
March 6th, 2015, 11:20pm
Looking for bang for the buck so half decent durability but I want lots of grip as well ?

hoosier R7

Veyronkiller
March 7th, 2015, 12:26am
I will look them up thanks !
Best place to purchase these ?

Legacy
March 7th, 2015, 08:12am
Online : Tirerack & Discount Tire. I'd give the local shops a shot as well, there are times where they can match US pricing which is probably especially true given the 20% exchange rate. I've bought all my winter tires locally for an easy 10 years now, 2-3 sets of summer/track tires as well.

Angry Chicken
March 7th, 2015, 04:13pm
Slick (MR Member) should be able to get them. After I figured in the crappy exchange rate and even when factoring in taxes, he was within a few $$. Shop local if you can!

mphysk
March 7th, 2015, 04:58pm

Federal 595

Legacy
March 7th, 2015, 05:21pm
Federal 595

I've wanted to try these, not sure if available in Canada. There's more than one 595, think its the R you want.

Angry Chicken
March 9th, 2015, 01:17pm
Getting these installed today.

Veyronkiller
March 9th, 2015, 02:56pm
These look like a waste for dry running with the large groove. THey look like a rain race tire.

SpidermanGeek
March 9th, 2015, 03:03pm
That's what the W stands for, lol.

Jethro
March 9th, 2015, 03:04pm
The pilot super sport has big grooves like that. makes it sticky in the wet.

Jethro
March 9th, 2015, 03:05pm
lol. nice label reading SPIDERMANDAN

SpidermanGeek
March 9th, 2015, 03:17pm
lol. nice label reading SPIDERMANDAN

Lol, well I also have ExtremeContacts on my Matrix, but I have the DWS (Dry/Wet/Snow) 3 season Model.

Best DD tire I've ever had so far.

Angry Chicken
March 9th, 2015, 03:46pm
You guys are hilarious.

Mario
March 9th, 2015, 06:14pm
I'm really getting sick of spending thousands and thousands on tires, although every time I grab a set, I'm like a kid at christmas.

Let me know if you guys find comparable CDN prices locally for Hossier R7. THX

SpidermanGeek
March 9th, 2015, 06:44pm
I'm really getting sick of spending thousands and thousands on tires

http://www.flickclip.com/flicks/daysofthunder3.html

Mario
March 9th, 2015, 06:55pm
Ah man, don't get me started...

Angry Chicken
March 9th, 2015, 07:21pm
Lot of tread here:

Slick
March 9th, 2015, 09:22pm
I'm really getting sick of spending thousands and thousands on tires, although every time I grab a set, I'm like a kid at christmas.

Let me know if you guys find comparable CDN prices locally for Hossier R7. THX

Size? I'll send you a PM.

Mario
March 9th, 2015, 09:32pm
275/40/17 r7

and could you also quote me 2 PSS 275/35/18. I did this to my 2 new front tires last year.

Should've listen to Robert Duvall

Legacy
March 9th, 2015, 09:44pm
That's just called a racing stripe, means you can go faster because tire now weighs less with wastefull rubber removed.

Slick
March 9th, 2015, 09:46pm
Will do.
R7 are available in 275/35R17 no 275/40R17.

Will send you a PM.

275/40/17 r7

and could you also quote me 2 PSS 275/35/18. I did this to my 2 new front tires last year.

Should've listen to Robert Duvall

Mario
March 9th, 2015, 09:49pm
35 will lower the car. That's good

mightymousetech
March 10th, 2015, 07:53am
And better gear ratio so you can "shave" the tires faster. ;)

karmaboy
March 10th, 2015, 08:09am
Slick...
Need pneus for the Mini.
225-45-17
Would prefer Toyo R888 style tire/Nitto NT-01...what you got?

Mario
March 10th, 2015, 08:11am
I can't do anything about the gear ratio, but my rear diff is almost locked. That'll burn tires fast, but not does not give the same tire wear. It's a different design. It's more even. ;) That's why I rotate front to back. To even them out

Slick
March 10th, 2015, 09:03am
Slick...
Need pneus for the Mini.
225-45-17
Would prefer Toyo R888 style tire/Nitto NT-01...what you got?

Can get you either one. Will PM you some prices.

Angry Chicken
March 10th, 2015, 07:14pm
Here are a couple of pictures of a test fitting I did with the new track tires. Sorry for the dirty car. My neighbours think I'm some kind of wack job putting on summer tires when winter isn't over. Trust me, the winter tires will be going back on tomorrow!

These pics are with H&R hub-centric 8mm spacers on all four corners. Before I went out for a test drive, I checked front clearance at full lock and all was good. My biggest concern was that by changing over to the H&R Sport springs with the Koni Sport adjustable struts at the front that there might be some rubbing as there was more room with the coilovers which I recently replaced. All is good! Because the offset of the Ronal 2-piece wheels is exactly right, and with the extra clearance provided by the spacers, it all fits perfectly. My next concern was an aesthetic one. I was worried that the tires might not be properly flush with the inside of the wheel wells and they turned out perfectly. Again, I measured and researched carefully but when you are going up so many section widths in tire size (225 --> 255) such issues are always at the back of your mind. The overall diameter of the 255/40/17 is exactly the same as the 225/45/17 OE fitment so I wasn't worried about that particular issue. Also the 9" wide rims are the correct width for the tires so there's none of the dreaded muffin top look.

I then went on a 30 minute test loop with the car, trying a variety of bumpy roads, curves, etc., to make sure I was getting no rubbing. The H&R Sport springs certainly help since they are progressive and really start limiting suspension travel after the initial deflection. I left the Koni Sports at about half way between full and soft damping settings. This test passed with flying colours.

raggedrabbit
March 10th, 2015, 09:04pm
Sweet, those look mean :thumbup:

mightymousetech
March 11th, 2015, 07:51am
Beefy, I like it!

Makes me want to order my summer tires.

Jethro
March 11th, 2015, 07:54am
Beefy, I like it!

Makes me want to order my summer tires.

are these summer tires, or pre summer tires, or late spring tires?
how will they fit in with your fall tires?

mightymousetech
March 11th, 2015, 08:00am
Spring tires will be going on after the big snow dump we are expecting next week. Although, this will be the last year for my current spring/fall tires, the PAS3 are terrible in even the slightest amount of snow, will be putting on Pilot Artic Alpins for next fall. Summers will be actual summer tires, PSS's 255 f, 275 r. Can't wait to get the full winters off.

Dick. ;)

ZOO
March 11th, 2015, 02:04pm
Just ordered from Andre! Excellent service and fantastic prices . . .

Thanks!

Angry Chicken
March 11th, 2015, 02:05pm
^^^
What did you end up buying?

GoP-Demon
March 11th, 2015, 02:34pm
https://youtube.com/watch?list=UUQjJzFttHxRQPlqpoWnQOpw&feature=youtu.be&v=YPtiHW34iwk

Hot version does stock frs tires vs direzza

ZOO
March 11th, 2015, 02:53pm
^^^
What did you end up buying?

I went with the Hankook RS3. Millions of users can't be wrong.

Angry Chicken
March 11th, 2015, 02:55pm
Nice. And yes, Andre=excellent service!

Angry Chicken
March 11th, 2015, 02:57pm
https://youtube.com/watch?list=UUQjJzFttHxRQPlqpoWnQOpw&feature=youtu.be&v=YPtiHW34iwk

Hot version does stock frs tires vs direzza

That's a great video. Saved 2 seconds just by upgrading the tires to Direzza Z1 Star Specs!

Angry Chicken
March 12th, 2015, 01:03pm
Lady walking her dogs by my house 2 days ago when I was test-fitting the track tires: "You know it's too early to put your summer tires on, don't you?". Same lady last night, walking her dogs by my house while I was putting the winter tires back on, "I see I talked some sense in to you!" :loco:

Slick
March 12th, 2015, 01:12pm
Lady walking her dogs by my house 2 days ago when I was test-fitting the track tires: "You know it's too early to put your summer tires on, don't you?". Same lady last night, walking her dogs by my house while I was putting the winter tires back on, "I see I talked some sense in to you!" :loco:

Lol. She must be thinking "those crazy kids"...

Veyronkiller
March 23rd, 2015, 09:56pm
I have pile of 27 x 10 x 15" american racer tires which are supposed to be sticky according to the last owner of this car. What do you guys think vs other race tires. They are dirt cheap new maybe low 100s each in canadian dollars.

1Morelap
March 24th, 2015, 01:34am
I'd ask american racer, they have many different compounds for circle track and road course. Would at least figure out what compound you have and what it does.

snail
March 24th, 2015, 07:45am
use them all.... then consider buying tires.

Veyronkiller
March 24th, 2015, 09:12am
Pretty sure I will give them a shot. Ill check with them to see what compound they are. Thanks !

Veyronkiller
March 28th, 2015, 09:37pm
What do you guys recommend for compound for a 2400lbs or 3400lbs car ?
I'm shopping right now and I can get slicks for very cheap, brand new. But they come in Hard and Extra Hard compound.
Is that going to be a problem to warm up ?

petawawarace
March 31st, 2015, 12:47pm
I have pile of 27 x 10 x 15" american racer tires which are supposed to be sticky according to the last owner of this car. What do you guys think vs other race tires. They are dirt cheap new maybe low 100s each in canadian dollars.

Keep in mind that these are Bias ply tires, and the circumference is not always the same. In fact for circle track tires, we use stagger. I can't speak for the American racers, but some manufacturers even have left and right sizes. Nothing to do with direction, but the lefts are slightly smaller in dia.

Mario
March 31st, 2015, 06:28pm
What do you guys recommend for compound for a 2400lbs or 3400lbs car ?
I'm shopping right now and I can get slicks for very cheap, brand new. But they come in Hard and Extra Hard compound.
Is that going to be a problem to warm up ?
Warm up, NO

wing
March 31st, 2015, 06:35pm
RE-71R on the way

Angry Chicken
March 31st, 2015, 07:07pm
RE-71R on the way
Go ahead, tell everyone how much you paid. :whoo:

wing
March 31st, 2015, 07:08pm
Paid in full with my charm and skill.

Angry Chicken
March 31st, 2015, 07:16pm
Cough.

Mario
March 31st, 2015, 10:14pm
Automotive journalist don't pay for tires. They test drive them

wing
April 1st, 2015, 09:27am
Should see if I can get comic books

Legacy
April 1st, 2015, 09:34am
Maybe you need to test them in all available sizes, MR assistance will be necessary.

Slick
April 1st, 2015, 09:34am
RE-71R on the way

Will need review please.
Have you tried the RE11A?

wing
April 1st, 2015, 09:37am
I did. But it was on a Ferrari 360...

Angry Chicken
April 1st, 2015, 11:12am
Maybe you need to test them in all available sizes, MR assistance will be necessary.
+1 No question. :peep:

iandachef
April 1st, 2015, 12:50pm
Yeah we should probably get a set of 225/45/15 for the miata guys

condor888000
April 1st, 2015, 12:52pm
Don't make that one. Silly Bridgestone...

wing
April 1st, 2015, 01:06pm
Seems whatever is missing in RE-71R is available in RE-11A

mightymousetech
April 1st, 2015, 01:52pm

Damn, not available in my summer front tire size.

condor888000
April 1st, 2015, 06:54pm

Not the 225/45R15. Bridgestone just doesn't seem to make that one, ever.

Angry Chicken
April 23rd, 2015, 07:55pm
Got the track tires on! Can hardly wait for the 26th. Woot!

iandachef
April 23rd, 2015, 08:51pm
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/23/891fbfd210cfab1333aeb00e58cc59d1.jpg
Interesting side by side comparison of 245/40/18 pirelli p7 vs 245/40/18 bfg rivals rivals are a good 10 cm taller when piled up on my floor

Angry Chicken
April 23rd, 2015, 09:00pm
Some of that difference is because one set is mounted and the other isn't n'est-ce-pas?

1Morelap
April 23rd, 2015, 09:06pm
Some of that difference is because one set is mounted and the other isn't n'est-ce-pas?
oui

iandachef
April 23rd, 2015, 09:18pm
The pirellis are mounted, the rivals are taller. Would mounting them decrease their width?

1Morelap
April 24th, 2015, 06:31am
oui

Manimillion
April 24th, 2015, 07:46am
I think the Goodyear Nordic's should be good all around track tires. Can track them even when it is snowing! Think about it!

condor888000
April 24th, 2015, 04:40pm
The pirellis are mounted, the rivals are taller. Would mounting them decrease their width?

Depends on wheel width compared to tread width.

wing
May 8th, 2015, 11:45am
Hey so... Michelin PSS, Bridgestone RE-71R both going to be mounted and tested on my car.

Looking for a third tire. Thoughts?

wing
May 8th, 2015, 11:51am
Pzero?

mightymousetech
May 8th, 2015, 11:56am
Yoko ADVAN?

Guess the Sport would be comparable?

wing
May 8th, 2015, 11:59am
Advan AD08R has a close enough fitment.

mightymousetech
May 8th, 2015, 12:00pm
Guess you are looking for Max performance summer? Isn't the BS an R comp?

wing
May 8th, 2015, 12:06pm
No its an extreme performance. The PSS is a max. So either or I'm already committed to this failed comparison lol

dbg
May 8th, 2015, 12:21pm
Pzero is similar to PSS, worth a comparison.

mightymousetech
May 8th, 2015, 12:25pm
From Tirerack:

Extreme Performance Summer:

BFGoodrich
g-Force Rival (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+Rival)
g-Force Rival S (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+Rival+S)

Bridgestone
Potenza RE-11 (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE-11)
Potenza RE-11A (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE-11A)
Potenza RE-71R (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE-71R)
Potenza RE070 (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE070)
Potenza RE070R R2 RFT (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE070R+R2+RFT)
Potenza RE070R RFT (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE070R+RFT)

Dunlop
Direzza ZII (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Dunlop&tireModel=Direzza+ZII)
Direzza ZII Star Spec (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Dunlop&tireModel=Direzza+ZII+Star+Spec)
SP Sport 600 (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Dunlop&tireModel=SP+Sport+600)
SP Sport Maxx GT 600 DSST CTT (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Dunlop&tireModel=SP+Sport+Maxx+GT+600+DSST+CTT)

Goodyear
Eagle F1 Supercar G: 2 (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+F1+Supercar+G%3A+2)
Eagle F1 Supercar G: 2 RunOnFlat (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+F1+Supercar+G%3A+2+RunOnFlat)

Max Performance Summer:

Bridgestone
Potenza RE050 (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE050)
Potenza RE050 RFT (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE050+RFT)
Potenza RE050A (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE050A)
Potenza RE050A I RFT (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE050A+I+RFT)
Potenza RE050A II RFT (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE050A+II+RFT)
Potenza RE050A Pole Position RFT (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE050A+Pole+Position+RFT)
Potenza RE050A RFT (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE050A+RFT)
Potenza RE050A Scuderia (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE050A+Scuderia)
Potenza S-02 (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+S-02)
Potenza S-02 A (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+S-02+A)
Potenza S-04 Pole Position (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+S-04+Pole+Position)
Potenza S001 (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+S001)
Potenza S001 I (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+S001+I)
Potenza S001 RFT (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+S001+RFT)
Potenza S007 (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+S007)
Potenza S007 RFT (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+S007+RFT)

Continental
ContiSportContact 2 (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ContiSportContact+2)
ContiSportContact 2 SSR (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ContiSportContact+2+SSR)
ContiSportContact 3 (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ContiSportContact+3)
ContiSportContact 3 SSR (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ContiSportContact+3+SSR)
ContiSportContact 5 (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ContiSportContact+5)
ContiSportContact 5 ContiSeal (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ContiSportContact+5+ContiSeal)
ContiSportContact 5 SSR (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ContiSportContact+5+SSR)
ContiSportContact 5P (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ContiSportContact+5P)
ContiSportContact 5P SSR (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ContiSportContact+5P+SSR)
ExtremeContact DW (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ExtremeContact+DW)

Dunlop
SP Sport Maxx (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Dunlop&tireModel=SP+Sport+Maxx)
SP Sport Maxx 050 (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Dunlop&tireModel=SP+Sport+Maxx+050)
SP Sport Maxx 050 DSST (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Dunlop&tireModel=SP+Sport+Maxx+050+DSST)
SP Sport Maxx 101 (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Dunlop&tireModel=SP+Sport+Maxx+101)
SP Sport Maxx A (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Dunlop&tireModel=SP+Sport+Maxx+A)
SP Sport Maxx DSST RunOnFlat (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Dunlop&tireModel=SP+Sport+Maxx+DSST+RunOnFlat)
SP Sport Maxx GT (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Dunlop&tireModel=SP+Sport+Maxx+GT)
SP Sport Maxx GT DSST (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Dunlop&tireModel=SP+Sport+Maxx+GT+DSST)
SP Sport Maxx TT (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Dunlop&tireModel=SP+Sport+Maxx+TT)
Sport Maxx RT (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Dunlop&tireModel=Sport+Maxx+RT)
Sport Maxx RT RunOnFlat (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Dunlop&tireModel=Sport+Maxx+RT+RunOnFlat)

Goodyear
Eagle F1 Asymmetric (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+F1+Asymmetric)
Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+F1+Asymmetric+2)
Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 RunOnFlat (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+F1+Asymmetric+2+RunOnFlat)
Eagle F1 GS-D3 (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+F1+GS-D3)
Eagle F1 Supercar (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+F1+Supercar)
Eagle F1 Supercar EMT (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+F1+Supercar+EMT)

Hankook
Ventus V12 evo K110 (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Ventus+V12+evo+K110)
Ventus V12 evo2 (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Ventus+V12+evo2)

Kumho
Ecsta LE Sport (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Ecsta+LE+Sport)

Michelin
Pilot Sport 3 (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Sport+3)
Pilot Sport PS2 (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Sport+PS2)
Pilot Sport PS2 ZP (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Sport+PS2+ZP)
Pilot Sport ZP (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Sport+ZP)
Pilot Super Sport (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Super+Sport)
Pilot Super Sport ZP (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Super+Sport+ZP)

Pirelli
P Zero (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=P+Zero)
P Zero Nero (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=P+Zero+Nero)
P Zero Nero GT (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=P+Zero+Nero+GT)
P Zero Rosso (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=P+Zero+Rosso)
P Zero Run Flat (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=P+Zero+Run+Flat)
P Zero Silver (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=P+Zero+Silver)
P Zero System (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=P+Zero+System)

Sumitomo
HTR Z III (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Sumitomo&tireModel=HTR+Z+III)

Toyo
Proxes 1 (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Toyo&tireModel=Proxes+1)

Yokohama
ADVAN Sport (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=ADVAN+Sport)
ADVAN Sport V105 (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=ADVAN+Sport+V105)
ADVAN Sport ZPS (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=ADVAN+Sport+ZPS)

Hankook
Ventus R-S3 (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Ventus+R-S3)
Ventus R-S3 (Version 2) (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Ventus+R-S3+%28Version+2%29)

Kumho
Ecsta V720 (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Ecsta+V720)
Ecsta XS (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Ecsta+XS)

Toyo
Proxes R1R (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Toyo&tireModel=Proxes+R1R)

Yokohama
ADVAN Neova AD07 (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=ADVAN+Neova+AD07)
ADVAN Neova AD08 (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=ADVAN+Neova+AD08)
ADVAN Neova AD08 R (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=ADVAN+Neova+AD08+R)

wing
May 8th, 2015, 12:44pm
lol yeah that's the list I was working with. But a lot of those tires are boring.

And a lot do not have fitment for my car.

Going to try the pzero. They are $539 each in Canada lol

mightymousetech
May 8th, 2015, 12:59pm
The RE050A that came with the car were awesome. Too bad they were runflats.

iandachef
May 8th, 2015, 01:54pm
Try the rivals I have them on my miata and the s4 wondering how they would fare around the track on a heavier car

wing
May 8th, 2015, 02:12pm
They don't make a fitment for me. 255/35/19 and 225/40/19 not really close even.

We'll see how the request for pirelli goes.

Angry Chicken
May 19th, 2015, 12:17pm
I purchased some nice 8 mm H&R wheel spacers since my front tires were ever so slightly rubbing my frame rails

wing
May 19th, 2015, 12:58pm
Oh got my re71

Angry Chicken
May 19th, 2015, 01:32pm
Oh got my re71
When are they going on? Separate set of rims so you can compare them back to back with the PSS?

wing
May 19th, 2015, 01:34pm
Unfortunately I don't have another set of rims. I'll get them mounted soon, working on that. I've done enough laps on the PSS I think I got a good feel for them.

mightymousetech
May 19th, 2015, 02:42pm
Scientific procedure out the window!

;)

Just jealous you were able to get a free set of tires.

wing
May 19th, 2015, 02:46pm
Nothing scientific about it. Even back to back I wouldn't be instrument testing. If I had a budget greater than zero I would get rims, a full track day and use aim data logger.

Veyronkiller
May 19th, 2015, 03:01pm
Hard to find a tire in my size Not too wide by high roughly 27" to 28" high.

wing
May 19th, 2015, 03:11pm
Call Hoosier they will make it

Veyronkiller
May 19th, 2015, 08:49pm
Sounds like that will take time. Unless they have odd sizes in stock.

wing
May 19th, 2015, 08:58pm
They are quick. Call Hoosier is worth asking what they have, they are good.

Veyronkiller
May 19th, 2015, 10:44pm
They are quick. Call Hoosier is worth asking what they have, they are good.
What is the best price I can hope to get.
I see prices of 296 US at Tirerack. Is that a good price ?

Angry Chicken
June 15th, 2015, 06:57pm
Now that the wide Conti DW track tire experiment is over (=fail, 'nother thread) picked up these Michelin Pilot Super Sports from Slick today. Look good on the Golf R rims. He and I both noticed that they seem to have a wider and squarer footprint than the PSS (in the same size) that they are replacing. Not complaining!

Mario
June 15th, 2015, 07:05pm
I really like my PPS on the STI but never tried them in the rain on the track. I only hear good things about them. Good buy. What size are these babies?

Angry Chicken
June 15th, 2015, 07:06pm
225/40/WR18

Oh, and the Continentals are just as awesome in the rain!

dbg
June 15th, 2015, 07:22pm
I'm using them on the Corvette for rain tires. They're a good choice.

Angry Chicken
June 16th, 2015, 08:30pm
Ready for the track

Mario
June 16th, 2015, 08:31pm
Nice wheels :like:

Pete
June 16th, 2015, 08:31pm
Looking real good!

Angry Chicken
June 16th, 2015, 09:18pm
Thanks guys! I is stylin' :whoo:

Mario
June 20th, 2015, 06:10pm
Well my new Hankook C51 are done! I did a 1morelap event, 2 GT Challenge races, one of which was half in the rain and after yesterday MCO day, they are done. 2 of them are almost bald, another is half bald and one as a bit of life left in them. These tires suck big time. Just like a continental slick, they're only good for 2 races, but mine have almost no rubber left. You have been warned.

Legacy
June 20th, 2015, 06:32pm
I'm rocking Nitto NT-05's yet again, got 2 years worth of track days + street driving out of the last set , cheap & long lasting ...can't complain. Turns out I was running them a bit too high PSI 38lbs, dropped them down yesterday 36-34-2-32lbs and still felt good. Can't believe they run at such low psi but hey whatever works.

wing
June 20th, 2015, 11:25pm
4 year old RE11 best tire evar

Jethro
June 21st, 2015, 12:50am
Could likely go another 7 hrs...

wing
June 21st, 2015, 06:19am
Doing another 2 this morning fronts are done, going to rotate.

Angry Chicken
June 22nd, 2015, 09:56pm
Well my new Hankook C51 are done! I did a 1morelap event, 2 GT Challenge races, one of which was half in the rain and after yesterday MCO day, they are done. 2 of them are almost bald, another is half bald and one as a bit of life left in them. These tires suck big time. Just like a continental slick, they're only good for 2 races, but mine have almost no rubber left. You have been warned.
Well, you have those new Contis...... Good enough for the CMP Mustangs.

Mario
June 22nd, 2015, 10:29pm
Hankook are still good for lapping, not for racing. I could flip 2 tires but the next race is actually a 3 race package. It would suck to run 2:27 laps but even worst, not being able to do all 3 races you paid for because of corded tires

the DW, I want to keep for rain only. No need to ruine another set for nothing

Angry Chicken
June 23rd, 2015, 06:20am
Hankook are still good for lapping, not for racing. I could flip 2 tires but the next race is actually a 3 race package. It would suck to run 2:27 laps but even worst, not being able to do all 3 races you paid for because of corded tires

the DW, I want to keep for rain only. No need to ruine another set for nothing
Good call.