PDA

View Full Version : New Owner for Capital City Speedway?

Angry Chicken
March 1st, 2015, 07:17am
http://www.capitalcityspeedway.ca/News.html

It's looking positive. I've enjoyed going out a couple of times each summer with my wife and some friends to enjoy the motorsports equivalent of having a beer and a hotdog at a baseball game. It's not exactly the major leagues for racing, but it's a lot of fun especially the Legends cars which seem to be exactly the right size for that track.

It would be nice to have them back.

bunta
March 1st, 2015, 08:39am
http://youtu.be/ORW4e8Z7iIg

mikeman
March 1st, 2015, 12:37pm
lol i miss doing those.

1Morelap
March 1st, 2015, 11:26pm
Yup, shawn has been busy on their FB page, it's great news. As stittsville keeps growing it's only a matter of time, run her while ya can.

petawawarace
March 2nd, 2015, 07:48am
Racing is moving to Friday nights too. No real changes to the classes from what I hear.

Veyronkiller
March 7th, 2015, 01:41am
I like that drag race/oval race hybrid idea. That must be fun. Is it open to whoever ?

Legacy
March 7th, 2015, 08:08am
Yup, shawn has been busy on their FB page, it's great news. As stittsville keeps growing it's only a matter of time, run her while ya can.

As someone who lived there it really wasn't that bad. You could kinda hear the sound coming through in the evenings in the neighbohood but not enough that it was "noisy".

PS what are the rules? They seem to vary track by track :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7YNMbTWIiQ

petawawarace
March 7th, 2015, 09:06am
They run 4 for fun - no cage, 4 cyl , no contact.
Mini-stock - full cage, minimal mods, 4 cyl
Thundercars - V8 full size w cage stock body or fiberglass
Legends - spec chassis, yamaha motorcycle engine
ACT super late models - under slung tube chassis, V8 full bore race cars.
That list is from slowest to fastest basically. They also had a few vintage modified races last year (touring series) as well as enduros. The drag race on seperate nights as well as drifting.

Legacy
March 7th, 2015, 09:23am
Do they have practice sessions for drifting , like open lapping ? Would be a good skill to develop (with a cheap car).

petawawarace
March 7th, 2015, 09:28am
Couldn't tell you. We just go for the oval racing.

mightymousetech
March 7th, 2015, 09:41am
As someone who lived there it really wasn't that bad. You could kinda hear the sound coming through in the evenings in the neighbohood but not enough that it was "noisy".

Ya, was not too bad at all, but I like the sound of cars racing. Wed nights I could hear them fairly well, and I was living near the Palladium, er, Scotia Bank, er, whatever the fuck it is called these days.

iandachef
March 8th, 2015, 03:09pm
Do they have practice sessions for drifting , like open lapping ? Would be a good skill to develop (with a cheap car).
good luck finding a cheap drift car these days!

1Morelap
March 9th, 2015, 02:10pm
or maybe not?

on the website.
We are actively looking for interested parties to take on the facility.Posted March 9th 2015
The Drummond Group of Companies is saddened to announce at this time that they will not be moving ahead with a lease for Capital City Speedway with Shawn Kerr. We are actively looking for interested parties to take on the facility. We wish only the best for Shawn Kerr in the future.

on FB from Shawn

Well as I just read on ccs web site guess I'm not getting speedway?????????
Wtf can someone call me and explain why,, after all of the work I have put into this ?????????
I have even agreed to pay the lease in full before I took possession. EXPLANATION WTF IS GOING ON??????

Like (https://www.facebook.com/#) Share (https://www.facebook.com/ajax/sharer/?s=37&appid=2309869772&id=10153159761243588&p%5B0%5D=10153159761243588&share_source_type=unknown)

NoLimits Autoparts
March 9th, 2015, 02:12pm
Lol, just read that also, Would suck for him, cause he seems like he is trying hard to promote the place.

Angry Chicken
March 9th, 2015, 07:41pm
That's major bush league sucky. Unlike some of you guys, I have no insight into what's happening behind the scenes but from an outsiders' perspective this is worse than the Hatfields and the McCoys.

Mario
March 9th, 2015, 07:47pm
So they want to sell not lease??

raggedrabbit
March 9th, 2015, 08:26pm
I hope they don't turn around and decide to run it themselves with the publicity he's drummed up

1Morelap
March 10th, 2015, 06:58am
lol

inverted
March 10th, 2015, 01:53pm
From Facebook: Shawn Kerr "Yes everything is deleted today is a new day 81 days it's possible."

Wut?

Angry Chicken
March 10th, 2015, 03:43pm
From Facebook: Shawn Kerr "Yes everything is deleted today is a new day 81 days it's possible."

Wut?
I've got a feeling he said some things on his FB page that he, his lawyer and maybe Capital City's lawyers regretted.

1Morelap
March 10th, 2015, 03:52pm
There's a lot of drama. He mentioned last night that he hadn't signed a lease yet.

Veyronkiller
March 10th, 2015, 04:35pm
I'd be pissed in his shoes. This is pretty common. I wouldn't do much work without any official deal signed. Waste of Shawn's time.
Unless there is another side of the story we don't know...

Legacy
March 10th, 2015, 05:33pm
For those like me who do not have scoop, Who is Shawn ?

petawawarace
March 10th, 2015, 06:30pm
Shawn Kerr. Not real sure on his background but I believe he owns Shawn Kerr Contracting ( no idea what they do )
the Drummonds saved the track a few years ago and sunk a bunch of money into the track to help it succeed. There have been a couple promotors that were unable to really thrive (not sure if they ever broke even) I'm sure there was lots of effort put in, but there are lots more challenges trying to make that track solvent than there were 15 years ago.

I'm sure Shawn has the best of intentions but my guess is that the Drummonds don't feel he is up to the task, or the have something else lined up. It does come down to business at the end of the day and they do hold all the cards.
If Shawn spent his own money and made all the plans without a contract in hand, its not really anyone else's fault.

Adam
March 10th, 2015, 06:55pm
I have a feeling there might be two sides to this story.

Mario
March 10th, 2015, 07:06pm
Something definitely when wrong. Duh. His comements on FB, hummm, not really the 'leader' type IMO. Self-control. It's one thing to be upset, it's another to let it know publicly.