PDA

View Full Version : Lets say hypothetically my friend with an S2000 wanted to start lapping at bogie.

GoP-Demon
May 1st, 2014, 02:46pm
So hypothetically I might have a friend who might have just gotten an s2000.

Where to start?

The $600 - $850 calabogie lesson?

http://www.calabogiemotorsports.com/drive/drive-your-own-car/

He might theoretically go to the autocross school on may 25 also.

Someone also hypothetically said that MCO was cheaper for learning how to lap, but he hypothetically doesn't see anything about it.

Would he hypothetically need to add a roll bar?

Hypothetical thanks.

8JVR6
May 1st, 2014, 02:49pm
1morelap has a beginner night. Do that. Way cheaper.

BMW Club has a weekend for like 400$ if you can't get into Greg's.

Jon.0
May 1st, 2014, 02:50pm
MCO lapping. May 23. Do the MCO school too. It's more of a "performance driving school" now, and less focused on autoX specifically. Rollbar yes for lapping.

mightymousetech
May 1st, 2014, 02:52pm
Would he hypothetically need to add a roll bar?

Lapping yes. Autox no.

Hypothetically.

1Morelap
May 1st, 2014, 02:53pm
Start with MCO. Email them to see if the current setup is allowed in novice run groups.

http://www.mco.org/cms/index.php/disciplines/lapping $350/day, w instructor.

BMW club also runs a good school $400 w instructor. http://bmwccottawa.org/schools/advanced-driving and I think they allow soft tops in novice run group?

I'd email them, this is on their website.
5.Convertibles and cars with Folding Tops must have Rollover Protection that is compliant with the following guidelines:

b.Students in the Novice Run Groups can run with Factory Rollover Protection that
passes the "Broomstick Test". BMW Z3/4 Porsche Boxster

Big fan of autox, great way to learn car control in a low risk environment. I can't take a total newb to the novice nite, we're not a school.

dbg
May 1st, 2014, 02:54pm
The MCO lapping days are also an excellent value. They will provide both classroom and on-track instruction at no extra cost.

Count on going to two instruction days before you can get signed off for solo. CMP is a pretty intense track. You have to both learn to drive at speed on a race track, AND learn the 20 corners of CMP, half of which are blind.

I think MCO will require a roll bar. BMW will for sure (heck even a roll bar wasn't enough for the Boston group when I did their Tremblant event. They wanted 5-point harness and arm restraints.)

For roll bar, get a Hard Dog.

Blind
May 1st, 2014, 02:54pm
id try and get into one of the insured schools before going to greg's newb nights.

at least, if you have an "oops" with the schools, you are covered by your insurance.

1Morelap
May 1st, 2014, 03:04pm
If you want to add a bar, CSC racing, or Doug or wing or ?

At least with the calabogie school, you can run with the current setup.

There's also Travis. He does private instructing. http://travishillracing.com/

GoP-Demon
May 1st, 2014, 03:15pm
Damn. I didn't want to ruin that nice stock look, but if I want to live I guess I should get the roll bar.

I mean my friend should.

Also, lets say hypothetically this friend almost throws up when he goes top karting.

Blind
May 1st, 2014, 03:15pm
gravol

1Morelap
May 1st, 2014, 03:16pm
lol, try this, come out to any lapping nite as a passenger and we'll show you what it's like. Then you can decide if you want to cut holes with a hammer again.

inverted
May 1st, 2014, 03:19pm
come out to any lapping nite as a passenger and we'll show you what it's like.
This. First lapping night is Saturday. That soon enough for you?

Don't forget to pad the bar. Not with a pool noodle.

wing
May 1st, 2014, 03:21pm
Harddog rollbar.

You have two choices with the interior. Run it stripped so you can return to stock easily seven years later and sell it.

Or cut the plastics around the bar.

But no lapping without the bar.

GoP-Demon
May 1st, 2014, 03:24pm
This. First lapping night is Saturday. That soon enough for you?

Don't forget to pad the bar. Not with a pool noodle.

Not sure if I want my first time to be wet. I'll probably hold off for a dry day.

Researching roll bar.

p.s. has anyone heard of an instructor that goes by Jose?

inverted
May 1st, 2014, 03:24pm
You like going in dry. Got it.

You won't get a rollbar installed by Saturday. Come out for ridealongs.

wing
May 1st, 2014, 03:26pm
PS. Installing the rollbar requires completely removing the entire interior fun stuff!

10/12/13mm and a Philips screw driver required lol

John_H
May 1st, 2014, 03:32pm
Start with autocross. Cheaper, safer, no rollbar required. Once you are confident with that move up to lapping. It is usually how everyone progresses.

1Morelap
May 1st, 2014, 03:33pm
Start with autocross. Cheaper, safer, no rollbar required. Once you are confident with that move up to lapping. It is usually how everyone progresses.

Andre
May 1st, 2014, 03:34pm
Pics of hypothetical car. Did the BMW school, 2-days IIRC? Fantastic.

RandomHer0
May 1st, 2014, 03:35pm
Never did Autocross cause its gay.

dbg
May 1st, 2014, 03:36pm

This.

GoP-Demon
May 1st, 2014, 03:36pm
Pics of hypothetical car. Did the BMW school, 2-days IIRC? Fantastic.

It's not limited to BMWs?

based on hypothetical description

RandomHer0
May 1st, 2014, 03:37pm
lol you're funny. I like that.

shlammed
May 1st, 2014, 03:37pm
learn to drive at shannonville track. pretty much anything goes there.

one of my buddies has a #selfie of himself drifting and drinking a beer at the same time at shannonville.

dbg
May 1st, 2014, 03:39pm

No, they'll take anyone. An actual BMW is not required.

Blind
May 1st, 2014, 03:39pm
one of my buddies has a #selfie of himself drifting and drinking a beer at the same time at shannonville.

#2cool4school

Blind
May 1st, 2014, 03:40pm

nope....any car is welcome but the newb spots fill up fast. few years ago I was lapping with a golf tdi at that school.

mikeman
May 1st, 2014, 03:41pm

based on hypothetical description

ap2 wheels up front only? should put em all the way around

Gojira
May 1st, 2014, 03:53pm
You mean I can't bring my stock S2K to a MR lapping night? What if I drive like a granny?

GoP-Demon
May 1st, 2014, 04:00pm
Oh I was thinking about getting that baffled pan thing first. Someone told me about oil starvation killing some guys car at calabogie or autocross. I forget.

1Morelap
May 1st, 2014, 04:04pm
You mean I can't bring my stock S2K to a MR lapping night? What if I drive like a granny?

nobody said that. Rule #1 check with your organizers.

luker
May 1st, 2014, 04:05pm
Start with autocross. Cheaper, safer, no rollbar required. Once you are confident with that move up to lapping. It should be mandatory for everyone to progress

Fixed it for you.

GoP-Demon
May 1st, 2014, 04:06pm
This says any removable roof needed a rollbar.

http://forums.midnightruns.com/showthread.php?20534-MR-Lapping-Rules-and-Regulations

karmaboy
May 1st, 2014, 04:07pm
Not sure if I want my first time to be wet. I'll probably hold off for a dry day.

Wet is the BEST time to learn. It magnifies everything...grip, braking, steering.
+ you go slower, less chance of stupidity

GoP-Demon
May 1st, 2014, 04:09pm
I was just afraid of dieing or shitting my pants in the guys car.

John_H
May 1st, 2014, 04:19pm
Never did Autocross cause its gay.

That's because you can't do it in your soccer mom van.

condor888000
May 1st, 2014, 04:23pm
Wrong person, you're thinking of Physk.

John_H
May 1st, 2014, 04:25pm
Wrong person, you're thinking of Physk.

Nope, and I know.

sb_915
May 1st, 2014, 04:38pm
RH, bring the caprice out for an autoX and show everyone how it's really done ;)

Blind
May 1st, 2014, 04:55pm
lol owns everyone @autocross in a fawkin boat.

John_H
May 1st, 2014, 05:01pm
I'd like to see that.

wing
May 1st, 2014, 05:13pm
No baffled oil pan needed

mightymousetech
May 1st, 2014, 05:16pm
Just have to baffle the passengers.

mikeman
May 1st, 2014, 05:19pm
beer helps

mightymousetech
May 1st, 2014, 05:21pm
Or wear a sweater with a cat on it.

RandomHer0
May 1st, 2014, 05:21pm
Shits queer no matter what you're in.

mphysk
May 1st, 2014, 05:33pm
Wet is the BEST time to learn. It magnifies everything...grip, braking, steering.
+ you go slower, less chance of stupidity

what this guy said.

i did my first event at calabogie after three years of autox, in the rain with no instructor...... learned a lot.... pooped a few times, as well as made my reluctant passenger poop.

JLats83
May 1st, 2014, 05:38pm
RH, bring the caprice out for an autoX and show everyone how it's really done ;)

Screams of don't lift, don't lift were heard for miles :)

Andre
May 1st, 2014, 10:47pm

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-y9TKco8G63M/UXkKtfe2JQI/AAAAAAAABig/I_nbndYoTNU/s1600/e84453ed_Are-You-Fucking-Kidding-Me-Rage-Face-Meme-Template-Blank-300x295.png

sb_915
May 1st, 2014, 10:48pm
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-y9TKco8G63M/UXkKtfe2JQI/AAAAAAAABig/I_nbndYoTNU/s1600/e84453ed_Are-You-Fucking-Kidding-Me-Rage-Face-Meme-Template-Blank-300x295.png

You can co-drive Andre ;)

pyxen
May 1st, 2014, 11:58pm

what do you mean "what if" ??

I was just afraid of dieing or shitting my pants in the guys car.

Shitting is fairly standard. You won't die as a passenger on an MR night... If you're srs, get to the track Saturday evening and come have some hypothetical shits and giggles going sideways. You can even drive your s2K there, but just not go on track..or maybe someone else can drive it for you. Like me? That'd be perfect, thanks!

Mario
May 2nd, 2014, 08:53am
what this guy said.

i did my first event at calabogie after three years of autox, in the rain with no instructor...... learned a lot.... pooped a few times, as well as made my reluctant passenger poop.

I believe that

Mario
May 2nd, 2014, 08:59am
Trying autoX first is good advise. I still got to try it. For sure this year.

The MCO and BMW schools are the best value. You should register to a minimum of 2 or 3 full days before you can expect to solo at Bogie. Go at Shannonville after you had some schooling.

Hope you don’t catch the diseases like a bunch of us has, first it will attack your wallet, then go after your family and possibly take your house too. Good luck!

John_H
May 2nd, 2014, 09:46am
I've never been signed off to drive solo...no one stopped me when I went out by myself. Perks of being an organizer?

shlammed
May 2nd, 2014, 09:57am
everyone pushing autox.

do you really think its relevant to open lapping?

Every time I went to an autox... which was like 3 times there wasn't really enough speed to worry about lift oversteer and shit like that. only once did I spin, but I was going through some box shaped thing at full boost. I never cared enough to try harder at it because you just point and go.
Open lapping is a whole different beast in my eyes.

mightymousetech
May 2nd, 2014, 10:03am
Every time I went to an autox... which was like 3 times there wasn't really enough speed to worry about lift oversteer and shit like that. only once did I spin, but I was going through some box shaped thing at full boost. I never cared enough to try harder at it because you just point and go.
Open lapping is a whole different beast in my eyes.

Then you have a lot to learn young padawan.

Jon.0
May 2nd, 2014, 10:04am

Yes, learning car control applies anywhere.

there wasn't really enough speed to worry about lift oversteer and shit like that.

Then you weren't driving hard enough. The point of any performance driving is to get to get the most out of your car/tires/self. Get right to the limit of available grip and try not to go over. If you didn't have to worry about throttle modulation or spinning, you're way under the limit.

No, it's not the same speeds as lapping, but it's a cheap fix, and can be really fun when you're directly competing against your friends.

1Morelap
May 2nd, 2014, 10:04am

Of course I do. and it shows, autox drivers pick up lapping quicker than any other novice. They already have their vision up, car control skills, understand weight transfer, ( they figured out how not to spin out in the box ) car prep, nerves are relaxed. They know how to not point and shoot and find the line, they're driving quick at 70 to 90km/h same as turns 5 /6/ 8 12 to 14 and quarry.

all they have to do now is learn to be smoother, passing rules and which way the track goes.

mikeman
May 2nd, 2014, 10:06am
everyone pushing autox.

relevant to car control. Learning in a safe environment before killing yourself because you really don't know what you're doing and how the car will react is always a good idea.

If you fail to see how it's relevant, that's too bad.

mikeman
May 2nd, 2014, 10:06am
What Greg said

shlammed
May 2nd, 2014, 10:09am
I get the car control and line part of autox, but it just seems like a long drawn out process to learn for 5 minutes of driving.

carting is more fun than autox and is more or less the same driver development in terms of skills.

daft_mx5
May 2nd, 2014, 10:10am
Nothing's more educational than dorifto sesh at Shannonville with a beer.

Pete
May 2nd, 2014, 10:11am
carting is more fun than autox and is more or less the same driver development in terms of skills.

Let me know when you find a kart track that allows you to drive your own car...

mphysk
May 2nd, 2014, 10:13am
Autox saved my life, reason enough for me to think its relevant.

shlammed
May 2nd, 2014, 10:15am
Yes, learning car control applies anywhere..
fair enough. this comment coming from a few years of drifting, car control wasn't a big deal by the time I was autox ing-can easily put the car where you want it after that.

Then you weren't driving hard enough.
Third FTD on 205 width DZ101's. faster than a lot of the cars on r comps. I was pushing it when I went, just wasn't the same experience. There is no fear at autoX speeds making you consider lifting or other on the fly decisions that would otherwise kill you on a high speed track.

No, it's not the same speeds as lapping, but it's a cheap fix, and can be really fun when you're directly competing against your friends.

Its the speed and time that you spend at speed of lapping that helps you screw up. Comparing to your friends isn't what I was asking.

I see you guys saying it makes sense, and in a new car it does... but its a totally different feeling with the back end out at 140km.h than 45.

shlammed
May 2nd, 2014, 10:16am
Let me know when you find a kart track that allows you to drive your own car...
I get that its not your car, but your car at speed vs in a parking lot is more or less completely different.

wing
May 2nd, 2014, 10:21am
I'm 100% positive if I hadn't done Auto x first I'd be much slower on track based on fear alone.

It saved me a few times as I built muscle memory in how to save my car when it got sideways. Been sideways at 150 in the rain at bogie and heart never skipped a beat because I had done so a million times at shower speeds.

Jon.0
May 2nd, 2014, 10:23am
shower speeds.

http://www.uberreview.com/wp-content/uploads/bathtub-racer.jpg

yanrider
May 2nd, 2014, 10:25am
Maybe slammed is The Stig or something....you should join us Saturday. Maybe bring the OP for a rip

John_H
May 2nd, 2014, 10:27am
Not much difference between being on track doing 100 kmh and doing autocross at 100 kmh is there.

Jon.0
May 2nd, 2014, 10:27am
fair enough. this comment coming from a few years of drifting, car control wasn't a big deal by the time I was autox ing-can easily put the car where you want it after that.

I get the impression that you feel you have nothing left to learn.

shlammed
May 2nd, 2014, 10:31am

Lots to learn.

I don't feel like autox did it for me, and I don't think I would have been keen on tracking my car if I started with it.

mikeman
May 2nd, 2014, 10:32am

Ya. So why keep at it?

When I stop learning something I quit. I still play hockey, ride motorcycles, drive cars quickly, and make photographs because every single time there's something to learn and my brain thanks me.

condor888000
May 2nd, 2014, 10:34am
Shlammed, you were autoxing with ST LAC right? Which venue? Skid pad? Picton?t

shlammed
May 2nd, 2014, 10:34am
Picton a few times, skid pad once.

daft_mx5
May 2nd, 2014, 10:37am
I've never been signed off to drive solo...no one stopped me when I went out by myself. Perks of being an organizer?

Accord coupe?
Well if so it really did show that you hadn't been signed off.

yanrider
May 2nd, 2014, 10:40am
Picton two times, skid pad once.

Fixed

condor888000
May 2nd, 2014, 10:40am
Thinking back I might have met you at that skidpad event, RHD na was running then right?

Anyway, St LAC is great, but their courses are not always what they could be. Generally they end up too tight, or too open, and it's hard to get a feel for what we're talking about here.

If you want an awesome time, check out the regional at picton this year. May31/June1. All 3 runways. It's awesome.

shlammed
May 2nd, 2014, 10:41am
Fixed

That was only in my Miata, but your more or less correct.

shlammed
May 2nd, 2014, 10:43am
Thinking back I might have met you at that skidpad event, RHD na was running then right?

Anyway, St LAC is great, but their courses are not always what they could be. Generally they end up too tight, or too open, and it's hard to get a feel for what we're talking about here.

Yes that was me. It was their first skidpad event. they tried packing a whole course on it and it was way too tight. You didn't need 2nd gear ever. No vehicle dynamic learning at 35km/h any car will stay planted at that speed.

I have always been to st lac autox. they have always been tight. No more than 80km/h, and only that for about 0.0001 seconds. the rest of the time your fluttering around top of 1st... which is slow in a Miata, even with 3.63 rear end.

condor888000
May 2nd, 2014, 10:43am
Ya that's the issue. Regional at end of month will will you flat out in 3rd gear, 130+. It's something else.

shlammed
May 2nd, 2014, 10:45am
Im willing to try it again to change my mind on it.

Details on this event?

yanrider
May 2nd, 2014, 10:48am
A speed limit in a race!!!???

condor888000
May 2nd, 2014, 10:49am
On phone now. Details can be found on ST Lac website under Events - Competition - Regional Slalom.

I know a few guys from here should be there. It's a 2 day thing, but you can register for either event individually.

Jon.0
May 2nd, 2014, 10:49am
http://stlac.ca/events/competition/regional-slalom/

I did the Sunday last year, and immediately decided to do both days this year. Phenomenal event. And there's a St Lac lapping event on the Monday, so you can stretch it out into a triple header.

shlammed
May 2nd, 2014, 10:50am

technically since you would drive straight into a cone if you went any faster.

mikeman
May 2nd, 2014, 10:53am

RULEZ
Did a rally cross that was supposed to be 80km/h limit (by course design I think..) Definitely saw 100-120 in my civic. Crazy Leo was there, I'm sure he was much much faster.

1Morelap
May 2nd, 2014, 11:02am
http://stlac.ca/events/competition/regional-slalom/

I did the Sunday last year, and immediately decided to do both days this year. Phenomenal event. And there's a St Lac lapping event on the Monday, so you can stretch it out into a triple header.

hey Yanriders, that's the day after Mosport.

mphysk
May 2nd, 2014, 11:08am
I'll be at triple header.... The actual driving is cool, but the after events are stupid fun, at least at the cool kids cottage

GoP-Demon
May 2nd, 2014, 11:21am
Ok. Looking forward to AutoX

John_H
May 2nd, 2014, 12:11pm
Accord coupe?
Well if so it really did show that you hadn't been signed off.

Yup, don't lie now. I am awesome!

daft_mx5
May 2nd, 2014, 12:25pm
Lie? Really?

I followed you for a couple of laps. You were jerky and unsettled, missing braking points and apexes. Completely unpredictable all over the place.
And you obviously weren't looking in your mirrors cause it took well over a lap to get a pass by.

I came in to the pits 10 minutes later and talked to Greg about whoever was in the Accord was dangerous. In fact, since I didn't know you, I think you were right beside us when I said it.
Ring a bell?

wing
May 2nd, 2014, 12:29pm
Luls

John_H
May 2nd, 2014, 12:56pm
Lie? Really?

I followed you for a couple of laps. You were jerky and unsettled, missing braking points and apexes. Completely unpredictable all over the place.
And you obviously weren't looking in your mirrors cause it took well over a lap to get a pass by.

I came in to the pits 10 minutes later and talked to Greg about whoever was in the Accord was dangerous. In fact, since I didn't know you, I think you were right beside us when I said it.
Ring a bell?

Maybe you would like to sit in with me and tell me what I am doing wrong then. :)

daft_mx5
May 2nd, 2014, 12:59pm
Need to get signed off first sorry.

Blind
May 2nd, 2014, 01:04pm
john gave me point byes right away. drive something less girly looking?

JOKES Phil! :)

John_H
May 2nd, 2014, 01:11pm
Need to get signed off first sorry.

Fair enough, just steer clear of my reckless track driving on Saturday then.

inverted
May 2nd, 2014, 01:26pm
Now now fellas...

Best to take the feedback John, FWIW.

dbg
May 2nd, 2014, 01:32pm
Not much difference between being on track doing 100 kmh and doing autocross at 100 kmh is there.

100 kph is very slow for Calabogie; I routinely hit over 200 kph on the back stretch. Even my S2000 would achieve speeds double that of autocross. Also autocross has no blind corners or elevation changes. Or walls.

Inverted is right. You have to respect the track. If you don't understand the difference between autocross and the track, you really need to go out with an instructor.

mikeman
May 2nd, 2014, 01:36pm
I can hop in with Jon and yell at him. Not sure how much help it will be, but if it makes everyone feel better (or worse, depending) I'm into it.

John_H
May 2nd, 2014, 01:41pm
I can hop in with Jon and yell at him. Not sure how much help it will be, but if it makes everyone feel better (or worse, depending) I'm into it.

I'm all for it mikeman, thanks :)

1Morelap
May 2nd, 2014, 01:51pm
Hey boys, We helped John out afterwards and he's been back since. He's a good safe driver on the track, I have no problem with him out there.

Thanks For the offer Mikeman, I'll save you a limited edition 1morelap T shirt for you. There's always something to learn at the track. If we were any good at this, we'd be next vettel, or no he sucks now, I mean Hamilton.

dbg
May 2nd, 2014, 02:12pm
Cool.

Blind
May 2nd, 2014, 02:15pm
Nothing's more educational than dorifto sesh at Shannonville with a beer.

bahahahaha. lmao.

rep.

Jethro
May 2nd, 2014, 02:16pm
1morelap t-shirts?

mikeman
May 2nd, 2014, 02:18pm
Limited edition bro

Blind
ill take 10!

Jethro
Who do I have to yell at?

1Morelap
May 2nd, 2014, 02:19pm
Shirts from our friends at Street n Track Creative. aka Mario. http://www.streetandtrackcreative.com/

condor888000
May 2nd, 2014, 02:20pm
Awesome. Who's doing the stickers? James?

1Morelap
May 2nd, 2014, 02:22pm
yup, I think I have a few left of those too.

yanrider
May 2nd, 2014, 04:36pm
hey Yanriders, that's the day after Mosport.

hmmm! looking into it...who else is going?!?!?!?

edit: maybe better for another thread

mikeman
May 2nd, 2014, 04:37pm
Someone convince me

Edit: in another thread, maybe

mightymousetech
May 2nd, 2014, 04:38pm
Do it or I will burn your tires.

GoP-Demon
May 2nd, 2014, 04:47pm
whatever.

pyxen
May 2nd, 2014, 09:17pm
yup, I think I have a few left of those too.

Just a few??? Fuck...save me 3.

condor888000
May 2nd, 2014, 10:03pm
Ya I'd like 2 if possible.

GoP-Demon
May 4th, 2014, 12:51pm
Damn... the only thing I am fucked for on the self tech form is that my brake fluid wasn't changed in the last 6 months.

condor888000
May 4th, 2014, 12:59pm
Meh. That's easy to fix. And if you want to track, should be done anyway.

Ian
May 4th, 2014, 01:00pm
It's super easy on an S2K. Just gravity bleed and you'll be fine. Do a search on s2ki if you don't know how to do this.

mikeman
May 4th, 2014, 04:12pm
I'm all for it mikeman, thanks :)

Didn't see you, though I dunno what you look like and I was late.. sorry brah.

John_H
May 4th, 2014, 04:47pm
Didn't see you, though I dunno what you look like and I was late.. sorry brah.

No worries man, there is always next time. Just ask around, most people know me...or look for the red CRX.

GoP-Demon
June 25th, 2014, 03:02pm
So I feel pretty comfortable at Calabogie. Never got signed off though, or asked about that, and I run a pretty slow lap.

Hard for me to keep taking days off for the MCO dates though. I was looking at other tracks around Ottawa and Shannonville which lists some "Brack Driving Concepts Program" which I am guessing is a school for $275?

Anything I should know before looking further into Shannonville?

mightymousetech
June 25th, 2014, 03:04pm
You will go once, get bored of the track, and come back to Bogie. ;)

1Morelap
June 25th, 2014, 03:04pm
if you're looking for track time, ste eustache is closer

track days, plus their monday nites, 25$ for 20 min. usually have an instructor helping you out too.

http://www.aselc.ca/

1Morelap
June 25th, 2014, 03:10pm
ASE is also at bogie soon, $300.00

BMW club has a 2day weekend coming up, $550.00

mikeman
June 25th, 2014, 03:14pm
shannonville is fun.

dbg
June 25th, 2014, 06:19pm
If you like flat girls.

Mario
June 25th, 2014, 07:10pm
Perry are here on te 30th right?

Shannoville is a great beginner track

condor888000
June 25th, 2014, 07:33pm
They just repaved Shannonville, but I think somehow they made the bumps worse than before. Freaky shit.

They also repaved over all the old concrete patches. Pissed me off, I used to use those as reference points.

dbg
June 25th, 2014, 07:36pm
Yes Shannonville is a great beginner track. Odds of damaging your car going off are much lower than Calabogie. Easier to memorize. Nice technical track even though there are no elevation changes. Did my first school there and despite some track experience I still found Calabogie a bit overwhelming the first time.

Legacy
June 25th, 2014, 07:45pm
They just repaved Shannonville, but I think somehow they made the bumps worse than before. Freaky shit.

They also repaved over all the old concrete patches. Pissed me off, I used to use those as reference points.

When ? I was just there Saturday. Personally I like Shannonville, its not CMP but I also don't want to drive CMP every time either. Variety is good.

mphysk
June 25th, 2014, 07:46pm
i love shannonville, easy to learn, hard to master. hard to do much damage (unless you're tom)

Mario
June 25th, 2014, 07:49pm
If you go off track, go in a straight line. wheels straight

condor888000
June 25th, 2014, 07:53pm
When ? I was just there Saturday. Personally I like Shannonville, its not CMP but I also don't want to drive CMP every time either. Variety is good.

June 2nd. Turn 1 and the carousel is fucking BUMPY. Or it just might be my car. Physk said the ass end looked terrifying.

I never had that issue previously at SMP.

Mario
June 25th, 2014, 09:44pm
This was last weekend at Shannonville. I thought it was bumpy has usual. No more no less

http://youtu.be/kag6pi80peE

pyxen
June 25th, 2014, 10:07pm
So I feel pretty comfortable at Calabogie.

You're not going fast enough! Get a roll bar.

Legacy
June 25th, 2014, 10:57pm
June 2nd. Turn 1 and the carousel is fucking BUMPY. Or it just might be my car. Physk said the ass end looked terrifying.

I never had that issue previously at SMP.

Ah, I did Pro Track and didn't find it all that bad... maybe the vette suspension is getting soft luls.

GoP-Demon
June 27th, 2014, 11:44am
ah everything doesn't really fit. I'll just go with MCO in July again. Really like their instructors and price.