PDA

View Full Version : Tudor United Sportscar Championship 2014

Slick
January 24th, 2014, 02:38pm
This the new series with merged ALMS and Rolex series competitors.

Should help get a full field in one series without fans choosing sides.

Will have the LeMans prototype cars from ALMS, the Daytona Prototypes from Rolex and a nice field of GT cars.
http://www.imsa.com/

Total of 67 cars are entered for the debut race this weekend at Daytona, the Rolex 24-hr.
The new Gainsco Corvette Prototype has pole over the LMP cars. Viper SRT has pole for the GT series.
http://www.imsa.com/races/rolex-24-daytona
Will be broadcast on Fox and Fox Sports throughout the weekend.

Lots of fun and will be interesting when they are back as Mosport this summer again.

tellum
January 24th, 2014, 02:48pm
67 cars. Damn

Pete
January 24th, 2014, 02:50pm
Lots of fun and will be interesting when they are back as Mosport this summer again.

Fucken A.

Another epic race week-end coming up!!!

luker
January 24th, 2014, 02:52pm
That's only 10 more cars than last year when it was only Grand-Am. I thought this whole merger thing was to get lots more cars out?

1Morelap
January 24th, 2014, 03:07pm
shhh.. it's nascar taking over... :whistling:

Slick
January 24th, 2014, 03:34pm
That's only 10 more cars than last year when it was only Grand-Am. I thought this whole merger thing was to get lots more cars out?

I'm sure Daytona can fit a few more cars on the grid but that's still a pretty solid field. Everyone is coming out for the first race but my hope is that the field stays large for the rest of the season too. Think we only had 40-ish cars at Mosport last year?

Mario
January 24th, 2014, 05:38pm
Jus created a PVR timer on Fox. Thanks for the heads up Slick

luker
January 24th, 2014, 05:50pm
I'm sure Daytona can fit a few more cars on the grid but that's still a pretty solid field. Everyone is coming out for the first race but my hope is that the field stays large for the rest of the season too. Think we only had 40-ish cars at Mosport last year?

I agree it's good sized field but added the ALMS series only ups the field by ten cars. Really? Most fans were quite happy with the size of the Grand-Am fields in the last few years and the quality of ACTUAL RACING. It was ALMS that was on the ropes.

1Morelap
January 24th, 2014, 06:17pm
its on fox? nice!

its too bad, ALMS look sexier.

Slick
January 26th, 2014, 04:50pm
Recap from the weekend:

Corvette DP's took top 3 spots.

http://youtu.be/aqLR9mXWh00

Horrible accident, Memo Gidley with a broken back.

http://youtu.be/Gu4D-qJsz4U

daft_mx5
January 26th, 2014, 05:02pm
That crash was horrific.
Watched a good chunk of the race. Pretty entertaining. Last few laps with that R8 and 458 were awesome. Don't know if the 458 deserved a penalty to lose the race...

1Morelap
January 26th, 2014, 08:41pm
Statement by Scot Elkins, IMSA vice president, competition and technical regulations

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Jan. 26, 2014) – A full post-race review of the incident on the last lap of the 52nd Rolex 24 At Daytona was completed by IMSA Supervisory Officials. The decision has been made to reverse the decision by the race director, rescind the penalty against the No. 555 Level 5 Motorsports Ferrari 458 Italia team, and reinstate drivers Scott Tucker, Bill Sweedler, Townsend Bell, Jeff Segal and Alessandro Pier Giuidi as the GT Daytona class winners. We regret the confusion following the race, and appreciate the patience by our fans, drivers, teams and the media so we could properly review and subsequently report this decision.

Contacts:
David Hart
Director, IMSA Communications
(386) 310-6550

daft_mx5
January 26th, 2014, 08:46pm
Bam. Good.

Slick
January 26th, 2014, 08:55pm
Good stuff. It was a good battle and I see it as a racing incident. Besides, the Ferrari had the inside line of that corner so he was right to hold position, was up to the Audi to back off.

Rainey94
January 26th, 2014, 10:07pm
I spent my morning watching aswell. I only ever watched ALMS, I think I've only watched the Daytona prototypes once before. Some good racing for sure. That crash was insane.. broken back is nothing to take lightly..