PDA

View Full Version : Chump Car at Bogie Sept 28-29

mightymousetech
September 10th, 2013, 02:00pm
Who else will be at the Chump Car race Sept 28-29th?

We will be there with the Bytown Brawlers CRX. Pretty sure James is going to be there.

Look out, we replaced an inner tie rod end and we are going to set a new track record now. Well, at least I think we did, we started taking the car apart, many beverages were poured and consumed and the next day the car was on the ground. I really don't even want to think what the alignment is at, it may have gotten a drunken acu-precise-eyeball-o-meter job.

We will even have matching driving suits thanks to our sponsors.

For anyone who has never been, this is by far the most fun I have ever had racing. Relaxed and fun are paramount.

Can't believe that there is not an MR team already.

https://www.chumpcar.com/index.php

wing
September 10th, 2013, 02:36pm
I vill be there in the Trunk Monkey Neon, just hope it stays together it was pretty crapstastic for the 3 laps I had it out at the MCO evening before ted powell.

Just looking forward to driving nearly 2 hours straight! We have a strict no team theme policy lol -- we will have tshirts though

Jethro
September 10th, 2013, 02:37pm
are those french maid uniforms fire rated?

mightymousetech
September 10th, 2013, 02:40pm
Dunno, just a random pic I found on the net. We have actual suits, LOL.

Also, for those that are going, where are you staying? At the track, go home each night?

My wife and I (and our parents) will be staying at a B&B, Friends of Calabogie. Tried to book Taste Funatics, but they were booked solid already. I am getting too old to camp at the track....

pyxen
September 10th, 2013, 02:44pm
I'll head up to support some friends who are running a BMW they pieced together in a similar fashion to your CRX... It was out at the MCO night in August, too.

May have to get on a team for next year! This looks like too much fun...

mightymousetech
September 10th, 2013, 03:05pm
Pic of our actual car. No longer has the giant farking air brake on the back though, and has an extra 3 or 4 donuts on the doors. Does not look nearly as pretty anymore.

wing
September 10th, 2013, 03:10pm
I'll head up to support some friends who are running a BMW they pieced together in a similar fashion to your CRX... It was out at the MCO night in August, too.

May have to get on a team for next year! This looks like too much fun...

You know Nigel? I think that may be who you are talking about.

I'm going to go home each night, at least so far that is the plan. I'll most likely be bringing my air mattress and trailer just in case, never know if the car will need an all nighter repair session or not.

TTC
September 10th, 2013, 03:19pm
Stupid question. You need a racing permit to drive in this?

sb_915
September 10th, 2013, 03:21pm
nope!

1Morelap
September 10th, 2013, 03:33pm
but I just had a relaxed and fun weekend, not sure I can handle this much fun in one month. any seats available where I can arrive and drive?

wing
September 10th, 2013, 03:40pm
Check the chump forums, probably not for bogie, but maybe mosport

Jethro
September 10th, 2013, 03:42pm
but I just had a relaxed and fun weekend, not sure I can handle this much fun in one month. any seats available where I can arrive and drive?

ping Trevor Hill. If he gets enough interest they will bring in a rental BMMr.

mightymousetech
September 10th, 2013, 03:45pm
There are quite a few teams registered for Bogie, think I saw about 30 on the email that went out.

mightymousetech
September 10th, 2013, 03:46pm
Stupid question. You need a racing permit to drive in this?

As long as you have all the gear (with labels dammit...) you are a raceka! driver.

jjamiemm
September 10th, 2013, 03:47pm
from the internets

wing
September 10th, 2013, 03:51pm
There are quite a few teams registered for Bogie, think I saw about 30 on the email that went out.

They said 23 and they want more.

1Morelap
September 10th, 2013, 03:56pm
rent? i thought someone would pay me to drive. didn't you see my bud girls?

mightymousetech
September 10th, 2013, 04:03pm
rent? i thought someone would pay me to drive. didn't you see my bud girls?

Only if you show up in a matching outfit.

1Morelap
September 10th, 2013, 04:12pm
lol, ok.

mightymousetech
September 24th, 2013, 12:46pm
Sup Regs Here:

wing
September 24th, 2013, 12:47pm
Yeah, standing start, sounds safe lol

1Morelap
September 24th, 2013, 12:52pm
bug spray?

Jethro
September 24th, 2013, 12:52pm
track is "in the bush".

mightymousetech
September 24th, 2013, 12:53pm
Oh shit, just noticed that Wing. Fuck that shit is scary. All it takes is one car to stall on the start (very likely in Chump) and you get a 10-15 car pileup.

Jethro
September 24th, 2013, 12:54pm
be on the pole and it won't be a problem then.

wing
September 24th, 2013, 12:55pm
I didn't want to say anything on their forums. Didn't sound safe to me, do an Alonso and dive to the outside immediately, just hope you aren't the guy stalling!

Shouldn't need bug spray from 9-4 lol

wing
September 24th, 2013, 12:55pm
be on the pole and it won't be a problem then.

There's no quali, they just randomly place you.

mightymousetech
September 24th, 2013, 12:56pm
I didn't want to say anything on their forums. Didn't sound safe to me, do an Alonso and dive to the outside immediately, just hope you aren't the guy stalling!

Shouldn't need bug spray from 9-4 lol

Damn right, hit the grass and run!

Jethro
September 24th, 2013, 12:56pm
bribe?

mikeman
September 24th, 2013, 12:57pm
meh.. done it on a bike a few times. what's the worst that could happen.................... ;)

1Morelap
September 24th, 2013, 12:58pm
7 hour race, throws it all away in lap 1 pile up. nobody's that stupid right?

mightymousetech
September 24th, 2013, 12:59pm
meh.. done it on a bike a few times. what's the worst that could happen.................... ;)

I have seen near the worst as an official. We had officials all lined up along the wall with yellow flags, if you noticed a car stall on the start you were supposed to wave the yellow. In reality, you threw the yellow flag into the air as high as you could and then dove for cover behind the wall as tires/plastic/shrapnel went flying over your head.

Hmm, don't think my teammates know about this, I will suggest I finish the race. :)

mightymousetech
September 24th, 2013, 01:01pm

Show me where in the rules it says driver's have to be smart! :)

wing
September 24th, 2013, 01:20pm
LOL apparently that happened last year didn't it? Half the field was gone after the first corner at Mosport or something. Maybe that was shannonville.

wing
September 24th, 2013, 01:23pm
Did you see the video of last year's chumpionship? Lemans style start!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMzuOHU1QVQ&feature=player_embedded

raggedrabbit
September 24th, 2013, 02:26pm
Wouldn't be any worse than a car blowing up at the green on a rolling start... we did that.

wing
September 24th, 2013, 02:31pm
Could be WAY worse. At least he was rolling.

mightymousetech
September 24th, 2013, 03:07pm
Wouldn't be any worse than a car blowing up at the green on a rolling start... we did that.

x eleventy brazillion worse!

pyxen
September 24th, 2013, 09:44pm
You know Nigel? I think that may be who you are talking about.

I'm going to go home each night, at least so far that is the plan. I'll most likely be bringing my air mattress and trailer just in case, never know if the car will need an all nighter repair session or not.

Just saw your post...yep, well I know Paul, Petr and Gary...Paul is the brother of a good friend of mine.

If I had more time, I'd have volunteered to help in the pits.

sb_915
September 27th, 2013, 01:42pm

You know what to do.

This is me calling you out. DO IT!

wing
September 27th, 2013, 02:22pm
Greg is in!!

sb_915
September 27th, 2013, 02:36pm
lend him your posts! I'll lend him a HANS!

wing
September 27th, 2013, 08:48pm
Done!

pyxen
September 27th, 2013, 09:56pm
Good luck Greg...and everyone else! Cya Sunday!

1Morelap
September 27th, 2013, 11:02pm
so about 2pmish the call is made, I'm in. .. from office to mike to rockland to mike to carp to track- get gear tech'd- wasted my time at novice school to arnprior to randoms to rockland. The room is spinning. Time to get ready for the lapping nite! rock n roll.

looks like a good group of guys on the team. must be 50 people part of the Glen/Kees bmw corral. Ran into Carl too. can't wait. Breaky at 7am. sleep is over rated.

I'm in one of Glens or roy? cars. "Buzz" with 3 other people. 6 cyl bimmer, apparently its not good on gas, but quick? cooool.

wing
September 28th, 2013, 07:31am
Going to be awesome most driving I've done all year. Did libre race Thursday then chump sat/sun then lapping sun night wow

pyxen
September 28th, 2013, 01:04pm
Watching the action via the race-monitor app... cool too to have!

Tracking #22 specifically, but keeping an eye on 613 and 32! Who else? What happened to the Buzz car early on? "2hr lap"

yanrider
September 28th, 2013, 02:05pm
So who's # what? Will try to come early tomorrow and spectate before 1morelap event

pyxen
September 28th, 2013, 02:27pm
Greg is in #32, Chris is in #613, and my buddies are in #22... I don't know which # the trunk monkey neon is, but that's the car Wing is in.

I'm a little confused by the readout I'm getting on the app. Some cars are shown as yellow on laps, where others aren't. Are these penalties for something?

1Morelap
September 28th, 2013, 09:50pm
Nothing sweeter than a late brake pass into 12.. or between 5 n 6, outside of 15, inside of 16, Passing two cars at once in temptation. lol, can't wait till part 2 tomorrow.
Car is quick, consistent 2;34s is easy, even did a 2:33 for fun. If wasn't for time spent for a clutch replacement we'd be.. well whatevs, all the fun/atmosphere of GT racing with passing. Some of the drivers out there could use some instruction too.

wing
September 28th, 2013, 10:27pm
Was so fun! I'm in car 76 I'll probably be running around 10:30 tomorrow (second driver in). My ears are STILL ringing. Our exhaust fell off at the header, let me tell you it was fucking LOUD!

I ran like that for an hour, then the wires for our crank sensor got wrapped around the driveshaft and kabam no more engine. Lucky for us it happened in spoon when I was flat out, I had enough momentum to make the pits. We found the problem, soldered the wires back on and she fired right up!!!

Then we had to fix the exhaust got that all fixed up. So we are good again for tomorrow.

My ears are still ringing 7 hours later......

As for the times.

Pat ran our car first in the morning and was putting down 2:42's and had 1 2:41. Our second driver was in the 2:50's with one hero lap at 2:45. When I got in I hit the brakes and they were pretty mush... at the end of of my session when we retired the car there were ZERO pads on the front!! The guy running 2:50's was a little hard on the brakes me thinks.

Anyways I also was running consistent 2:42's and broke into the 2:41's a couple of times as well. I was very happy to be sharing a car with Pat and running the same times as him I was pumped actually.

As Greg said, passing 2 guys into temptation oh boy, or passing in the quarry LOL I was passing so many cars in there it was so fun. If they blocked me on entry I'd still stick inside and get them, if they didn't block they were sitting ducks.

Crazy was going 3 wide into 5 I thought I was in the middle but I knew that where I was if I kept straight I was lined up for the curbing, the guy on my right would be into the wall LOL. So I kept my foot in it wondering what he would do... he smartened up and went behind me.

1Morelap
September 28th, 2013, 10:29pm
oh yah, im in 32. should be on track by 1pm if all goes .. knock on wood. :)

wing
September 28th, 2013, 10:36pm
Oh yeah forgot the start, Pat started for us, and passed three cars at the start, was pretty awesome.
Then the shift linkage fell off, fixed it with wire, he did three more laps, broke again, fixed again, three laps broke.

Came in, screw wire, how about duct tape and tie-wraps?? LOL that worked for the rest of the day!

pyxen
September 29th, 2013, 12:41am
sounds like an awesome day! Looking forward to seeing the finish tomorrow.. everyone better cross the line!

mightymousetech
September 30th, 2013, 09:06am
What a weekend!

I was "elected" to do the standing start in the #613 CRX. Standing start was awesome! Was gridded around the 12 or 13th spot, green flag came out and the whole field just kinda started accelerating like they were pulling out of the T&T parking lot. I thought "wtf?", saw a big ole hole up the middle of the pack and went for it, passed 5 or 6 cars before corner 2!!

My team is also not allowed to install brakes anymore without me around, or under the guidance of our team sponsor (Miller LOL!)

Friday night installed new rear pads because the rear calipers were not indexed to the inner pads properly (hmmmm.... this sounds familiar) and the rear pads had crazy tapered wear from the previous race.

Then I learned something new after the race on Saturday.

Believe it or not, you CAN run an entire 7 hours with the left front inner brake pad installed backwards!!! We got about half way through the backing plate, and the pad material had a very nice deep ring embedded into it. Was wondering why I kept locking up the right front so easily. Still managed a 2:35 in the car like that.

Saturday night I checked the front brakes to measure the wear and found it like that, luckily we had a spare set of pads. Thanks MANL!

Our alternator crapped out about 4 hours into the race, so we had to rip the battery out of the camper van, and swap batteries at every fuel stop, then charge the second battery using booster cables off of one of the guys cars. Alternator was replaced Saturday night, but that did nothing, so many many hours were spent trying to figure out why. Sunday morning begged/borrowed/stole another alternator from another team, and replaced it with 20 minutes before the green flag. Turns out our spare was also no good.

DOH! Make sure spare parts are known good parts!!!

Brakes worked much better on Sunday with friction material touching the rotors at all four corners, imagine that.

We finished 7th overall for the weekend, and were the fastest Honda. Race won by the black neon (that car is fast, much faster than the rest of the field, basically cruising around Sunday) followed by a FLEET of BMW's.

Jon.0
September 30th, 2013, 09:15am
Backwards.... I can't wrap my head around how that happens. From your post and Greg's live updates, it sounds like the off-track stuff is just as exciting as the on-track stuff.

mightymousetech
September 30th, 2013, 09:25am
The backwards pad, ya, well, that is what happens when the team decides to measure the pad thickness at midnight after, um, a, um, FEW beverages.

Very much so. Crazy how much fun it is, passed SOOOOOO many cars, had a great battle with the #30 BMW and #13 CRX for nearly a full two hours. The group of three of us would pass and be passed, sometimes involving passing three other cars through a corner, boxing each other out using slower traffic or using the leader to cut a hole through a pack of slower cars, going into corners three wide. Great racing, and absolutely no contact between us even though we were close enough in the corners sometimes I could have reached out the window and touched the other car.

The only other minor issues we had was on one fuel stop Sunday afternoon the gas cap was not put back on properly, so on every right hand corner fuel would come spraying out the fuel door, and then the next stop someone forgot to put the oil dipstick back in, which promptly caused oil to spray all over the exhaust manifold and windshield, made a huge mess. Had to bring the car in for a quick pit stop to put the dipstick back in. That cost us one position.

Jon.0
September 30th, 2013, 09:36am
And because of all that, you had a way better weekend than the black Neon who just went out for a nice cruise through the woods. Well done!

1Morelap
September 30th, 2013, 10:22am
lol neon.

On Saturday I went out 2nd in the car after the clutch was changed for an hour 30min, we were 30th, just given'r, making passes like I'm king kong. I passed that neon. Then I started getting the blue flag. wtf? nope. I was pulling away. still blue flags. none of this made sense to me. That neon had gobs of hp but that drivers lines were garbage. I eventually pulled away, the blue flags stopped and I never saw anyone getting blue flagged for me. so confused. Near the end of my stint the neon was closing on me and out came the blue flags again. no way man, I'm racing this guy. I wasn't holding him up.

when I got out of the car I found out he was first place. ooooh. pfff whatevers. Maybe if we had a radio it would have made more sense.

Not sure what they had for hp, but they clearly had an advantage over the field. no biggie.

man, the passing was beautiful, I was laughing the whole time. 'did I just do that?"
Such a great track for passing. with all of the late apex's the doors are wide open.

inside of 2, gravy.

between 5 and 6, taking candy from a baby.

inside of 8... good god, why are you taking the school line. Must have passed 2 cars at the same time 3 or 4 times.

into 10 had several options. couldn't really tell if the guy was blocking or just didn't know it was a right some times. didn't matter, everyone carried no speed in there.

could pass outside, inside, or wait while 2 guys try to out brake each other and then split them without blinking.

into 12, been waiting to do this for so long. stay tight inside, get enough to be side by side and the spot in mine. sooooo many times I wanted to do that in the gentlemen races. success!

same trick for 14, sometimes it would leave me with a horrible exit, so we would drag race up the hill ( I usually lost that race) but would never lift and dive into spoon. done.

15 was like 10, not many cars carried their speed, so it was easy to pass on the outside.

and make the pass stick into the inside of 16- draft dude through apex of spoon, pop out left and dive into apex of 16, done!

quarry.. lols, get out of my way!

never touched another car the whole time, my goal was to be fast and don't be a dick.( err gentlemanly ) I think it worked.
my best Long track Saturday was a 2;33.7, 3rd fastest car out there ( very unofficial ) Glen said I was faster than Bruce gregory(same car) last year. * gold star for me.

Short track Sunday I got down to a 1:24.9, saw a lot of cars in the 24s and 25s, I didn't do one lap in the 30s with all the traffic.
learned a lot about race craft from Glen Clarke and Clive the katt Saturday nite so I think that helped, really awesome stuff.

Saturday, we were 30th after new clutch, Ted and I drove back up to 26th, Dan finished Sat in 23rd.
This was our tire after Saturday, classic bogie. Dan was still doing 34's with it!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p480x480/1382037_10153300490595646_1637749843_n.jpg

kinda bummed I wasn't able to celebrate the finish with the team, I had to run to the lapping stuff. Great group of people to hang out with.

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/p480x480/1383701_10153302660520646_1932502131_n.jpg

45 min into race 1 satuday morning and the clutch is gone

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/p480x480/1383333_10153299336830646_1771909158_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/p480x480/1377152_10153299406325646_405349331_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p480x480/1013832_10153299437710646_1244422762_n.jpg

helping the other team with driver change+ refuel, then the red flag came out, no working on the car!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p480x480/1378424_10153299462035646_1696361674_n.jpg

our compound after the race. I stuck around to help change brakes/flush fluid, top up oil, drank beer.
The teams took care of all the food, breakfast/dinner was awesome. The teams brought all of their families, was like camping at a nascar race, but we were in it.
( they had nascar on the sat radio, -I felt very at home )

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/p480x480/960016_10153300475685646_1713927699_n.jpg

Sunday morning, I was in 32. notice the bumper!

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/p480x480/1383721_10153302726655646_1813981998_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/935956_10153302948255646_249925737_n.jpg

Sunday was a reverse start order, but keeping your lap positions, Dave went in 23rd, right behind JamesPMCs Neon in photo.

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/541854_10153302958255646_254585513_n.jpg

He was up to 20th very quick, then about 1 hour plus later he was being towed into pitlane. oh man? whats up? motor done???

nah, he got hit and spun off the track, the bumper is inside the car.

So why the tow, does the car still run?

yes.

hmm ok, wanna go back out?

lols. not sure I understood why he waited for the tow.
We changed the front left because it was full of grass, must have been a fun off.
and since it was almost time to change drivers, Ted went in the car.

Ted did well, he gained 10 laps on the next spot. Then he came in the pits.uhoh?

Gopro fell off, can you get it out?

lol, talked to him afterwords, he was worried it was expensive and didn't want it to break. super nice. but I told him to throw it out the window next time. we're racin!

I jumped in about 1230 and the car ran flawless, I tried to manage the front left better too. short track awesomeness, more great passing. lots of offs, but no red flags Sunday.
oil down truck must have had to stop for gas.

James and Pat and safety Rob checking out the spewing oil rig in their engine. its done. too bad, the guys were having a good time.

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/p480x480/1379651_10153302994830646_1410615336_n.jpg

removing the homermade muffler material.
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/p480x480/1380850_10153303000085646_371734136_n.jpg

next year!
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p480x480/600832_10153303406680646_1232984223_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/p480x480/1378701_10153303407130646_1138772980_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p480x480/65031_10153303558540646_1105809339_n.jpg

tellum
September 30th, 2013, 10:33am
Man, that looks like such a fun time!

Jethro
September 30th, 2013, 10:34am
the tropies were awesome.

1Morelap
September 30th, 2013, 10:36am
Lots of people asked me how it compared to the Gentlemens racing.

Both equally as fun. The cars, competition, skill level and driving is better in the GT racing by far. we don't need to make as many passes.
The option of passing in chump and the race craft is very cool, highlight of my weekend for sure. They go to daytona and Sebring.
Once you have a car, operating costs are probably the same, but we did go through 2 sets of DTC60 pads, and a barrel of fuel. Street tire rule is very affordable.

Both series have the same casual fun family atmosphere, it felt like KBC weekend all over again, but w less lambo gurls.

Was telling ragedRabbit his rabbit would do well, he could mix it up in both series.

wing
September 30th, 2013, 10:36am
Good write-up! I was having fun. Lots of passing even in our slow car, really my only advantage was that I could carry speed where like Greg says guys were going in SOOO slow!

Quarry and temptation and corner 5 were really the only places I had enough power to get close enough to pull off a pass. I lol'ed in my helmet almost immediately after I got in the car and passed 2 bmw's into temptation.

Did a nice, inside / outside move on the sunfire there as well, he took the inside line, so I went outside, slowed down a little more and concentrated on my exit, on the way out I had a way better exit and got him into 10.

Sunday, motor went after 3 laps, boo :(

Was suppose to do mosport in 2 weeks, doesn't look like that is happening now.

pyxen
September 30th, 2013, 11:13am
Awesome writeups guys!! Thanks :)

mightymousetech
September 30th, 2013, 11:17am
Backwards.... I can't wrap my head around how that happens.

I race with four Mech Eng. :lol:

We still don't have VTEC for more than 4 laps, but a new wiring harness should fix it, will be at Mosport in 2 weeks.

Still wondering how much faster I would have been if I could have had brakes on more than 1 wheel. LOL

mikeman
September 30th, 2013, 11:34am
I race with four Mech Eng. :lol:

THEN THERE'S NO EXCUSE

dbg
September 30th, 2013, 11:43am
No, it explains everything.

Jethro
September 30th, 2013, 11:45am
[QUOTE=mightymousetech;606748Still wondering how much slower I would have been if I could have had brakes on more than 1 wheel. LOL[/QUOTE]

fixed.;)

mightymousetech
September 30th, 2013, 11:47am
True, brakes just slow you down... :)

wing
September 30th, 2013, 12:02pm
It's true! I was running 2:41 then foot went to the floor. So I ran 3 laps without touching the brakes chasing that white civic. Was running 2:44 just by lifting early and carry speed, caught him and passed him sans brakes lol

Lizard King
October 1st, 2013, 12:04pm
You guys are awesome.

Chump looks like the next fuckn big fun thing to do.

1Morelap
October 1st, 2013, 06:27pm
results on mylaps, we finished 17th :) 61laps down. playing the what if card, I think we lost 47 laps due to the clutch and excursion. not bad.

just saw team zissou on the list. This explains why I thought I saw Bill Murray walking around pitlane. lolz.

wing
October 1st, 2013, 06:38pm
Not going to check. Must have been 200 laps down lol

1Morelap
October 1st, 2013, 06:59pm
yah don't.

best lap by that neon, 1:23.3. lols.

van winden served a penalty in post tech, dropped to 4th according to forum. what failed??

wing
October 4th, 2013, 12:35pm
Short video of me chasing a Green BMW at chump car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIyUuX7fuAI

Longer video of my entire session to come.

wing
October 4th, 2013, 12:48pm
LOL I just realized I'm pretty sure that is Greg's teams BMW. Obviously not Greg driving. In my other video Greg passes me on the inside of 12

1Morelap
October 4th, 2013, 01:49pm
saw 33 on the side, we were 32.

wing
October 4th, 2013, 01:51pm
Ah okay, next video processing as you pass me into 12.

1Morelap
October 4th, 2013, 01:52pm
sweeet.

wing
October 4th, 2013, 03:05pm
Video up!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6GygUqJxfY&feature=youtu.be (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6GygUqJxfY&feature=youtu.be)

Start -- full course caution
4:00 GREEN Chasing 2 BMW's
5:40 -- pass BMW number 1 into 8
6:15 - HAI Greg! Goes by me in 12, I didn't even slow down lol
7:00 -- CYA BMW number 2 ... did I just do that? LOL
10:45 -- Mightymouse's crx goes by me I think
12:45 -- I thought BMW's were fast...
13:30 -- OH SHIT, seriously, THREE wide into 5!!!
15:00 -- LOL I passed a guy inside of spoon... really?
15:30 -- had that miata until he turned into me, didn't trust him to take him into 3
18:10 -- Another BMW on the inside of 17
29:00 -- Exhaust starts to get louder...
30:30 -- almost lose it into 8
30:45 -- car starts to miss....
32:25 -- yup car getting LOUDER ..
34:20 -- mid - corner talking on the radio, I CAN'T HEAR YOU IT is LOUD in here
35:30 -- After being alone for awhile I catch a few cars!
36:00 -- LOL serously?
36:45 -- chasing miata ... WHOA did I just get tagged? Yup!
36:55 -- There goes the "Stock" Neon, oh come on ... how does that thing pass the rules?
37:00 -- Battle with Miata ensues
38:45 -- I litterally LOLed in my helmet, I was worried about the miata and passed 2 cars into 8!
40:30 -- Okay ummm pretty sure the exhaust is gone now... wholly crap!
46:25 -- pretty sure I'm going to catch the civic... brakes go to floor DOH Drive the next 2 laps barely touching the brakes
47:20 -- WTF BMW could you drive any slower?
48:30 -- Misfire
49:55 -- Got the civic finally out of 8

mightymousetech
October 4th, 2013, 05:53pm
Ya, that was our car at 10:45, not me, those lines are waaaayyy off mine.

Good times!!!

pyxen
October 5th, 2013, 10:55am
So chump is going two races next year, right? Any thought to MR teams yet?

wing
October 5th, 2013, 11:23am
That's the rumour

TTC
October 5th, 2013, 11:45am
in for chump

raggedrabbit
October 5th, 2013, 11:35pm
Shopping for Neon. Could race the Rabbit.

tellum
October 5th, 2013, 11:40pm
I have a stock neon srt-4 manifold + turbo if someone wants it for a project.

wing
October 5th, 2013, 11:48pm
Shopping for Neon. Could race the Rabbit.
Run the Rabbit.

You already have most of the bugs worked out. Think it is reliable enough?

raggedrabbit
October 6th, 2013, 01:12am
Run the Rabbit.

You already have most of the bugs worked out. Think it is reliable enough?

I ran it around 20hrs this year without any major items coming up. The thing is, I'd like to make it faster/I'm still playing with it, and that won't go well during appraisal.

I wouldn't mind building a different shitbox from the ground up. If I can't make that happen and I don't build HulkRabbit, then PornoBunny will probably see chump car. Definitely looking to hit Chump/GT Challenge/other road series next year. I'd like to become a competitor in the Gentleman's series though ;)

Edit: "The BUGS worked out..." I pardon the pun, good sir

pyxen
October 6th, 2013, 10:53am
Wow..that's a big graphic.

I need to sort out how I can make this happen...Lots of good options on Kijiji right now. May just sell my bike next year and get into a rasscar.

mightymousetech
October 6th, 2013, 11:15am
Hmmm, I may be looking for a new team that is willing to spend a little money.

Would be nice to have radios that work, actual shop space to work on car, etc etc.

I think the 3 series is the way to go. Bone stock, gas, tires, oil....... GO!

wing
October 6th, 2013, 11:42am
I've got radios ;)

dbg
October 6th, 2013, 12:01pm
I've got nada.

Okay I could spend a little money.

pyxen
October 6th, 2013, 11:22pm
Is it outside the spirit of it if my sister's friends who have access to wholesale car auctions gets the car? 'cause that might be full of win.

raggedrabbit
October 6th, 2013, 11:50pm
The value is based on the Chump book value/appraisal schedule, so where you get the car and what you pay is your own business. Wouldn't hurt our team effort though ;)

pyxen
October 7th, 2013, 06:58pm
I've got a lot of reading to do...guess I'll spend a bit of time on the Chump website.

wing
October 7th, 2013, 07:51pm
Some of their rules are dumb, but they do have a lot. Forget $500 that's a gimmick

pyxen
October 7th, 2013, 11:02pm
Some of their rules are dumb, but they do have a lot. Forget $500 that's a gimmick

Just finished reading the relevant parts (not the technical bits yet) of the rules and they all seem really well thought out. I can see where this would/could cost much more than $500.

So now what? Where does one start? Guess with support from the important stakeholders... like SWMBO.

My old man has a 96 626 he may let go for Chump book value.. hrm..

raggedrabbit
October 8th, 2013, 12:10am
For 2014 a fire system is required. I would expect the car to be a $5k investment (err, one way... its a racecar lol). I think that is what wing and others came up with when looking into it.

mightymousetech
October 8th, 2013, 08:26am
For 2014 a fire system is required. I would expect the car to be a $5k investment (err, one way... its a racecar lol). I think that is what wing and others came up with when looking into it.

That seems about right. Then figure tow vehicle and some kind of trailer and shop space to work on it and drivers gear for everyone.

We figure it costs us each $700 per race weekend.

Still, by far the cheapest racing, for the amount if track time, you can do.