PDA

View Full Version : Scary/Cool F1200 vid...

karmaboy
May 28th, 2013, 09:47am
My teamate Andrew was battling to keep the lead in Race 1 at Shannonville this weekend.
At the end of the back straight he was protecting the line into the dogleg right, but was carrying too much speed and drifted into drivers left. The left side tires sunk into the soft grass and flipped the car several times. He ended upside down with his roll bar sinking in the mud...basically pinning him.
The vid is Phil Wang...coming onto the mess from 3rd place.

http://youtu.be/pd4Y4B_Bsx4.
Phil also stopped to help me last year when I rolled...basically parked his car on the track as a barrier to keep anyone from hitting me.
Andrew walked away from this with a slight concussions.
Since it was the last lap...he got P1.

Gamz
May 28th, 2013, 09:58am
Wow, he's lucky... scary stuff, but great to see people stopping to help out despite the race.

sb_915
May 28th, 2013, 09:59am
This is awesome. It's even more awesome that the series recognizes such awesomeness and rewards it.

NoLimits Autoparts
May 28th, 2013, 10:01am
Fantastic to see the support from other racers, Scary to be pinned in like that, glad he is ok.

Husband
May 28th, 2013, 01:15pm
Wow, he's lucky... scary stuff, but great to see people stopping to help out despite the race.

this.

wing
May 28th, 2013, 01:43pm
Awesome for sure!

Open wheel scares me (although they are a blast to drive)

1Morelap
May 28th, 2013, 02:11pm
Dad keeps asking me if there were any videos online yet. He was marshaling the next corner and said it looked scary.

karmaboy
May 28th, 2013, 02:16pm
I was stuck way over at T8 with a loose coil wire...even from there it looked bad.

luker
May 28th, 2013, 03:45pm
And that is the reason I'm only racing tin tops. With my size death would be inevitable.

Madelinot
May 28th, 2013, 04:03pm
Lucky. I once missed the same turn a few years ago, I was carrying too much speed going into it (I think I get close to 200kph on that stretch). Some of you guys will remember. I decided just to keep it straight in order to slow down enough. No damage done, but the car could have flipped if I had decided to try to keep it on the track or come back on it too quickly...

Mario
May 28th, 2013, 04:56pm
Intense!! That’s the scary corner at Shannonville for sure. Is he alright?

karmaboy
May 28th, 2013, 05:05pm
Yeah...he's 20 years old. They bounce back pretty easy. He comes from karting, so he is used to crashing...albeit with bigger stakes this time.
I always check up at that corner...not worth the possible outcomes. I'll work harder elsewhere.