PDA

View Full Version : How do I get on LeCircuit?

I12XLR8
January 27th, 2013, 08:50pm
I have heard that Tremblant is a very nice course, somewhere in between Calabogie and Mosport. I would very much like to plan at least one lapping event there this coming season but am not sure how to get in. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, on a totally different note, can anyone give me their first hand opinion of Mosport DDT? I have a group that might want to run there but I'd much rather be on the full track if I'm putting that much of a commute in. Maybe it's better than it looks?

karmaboy
January 27th, 2013, 09:25pm
I'm sure you can find someone setting up lapping at Tremblant...understand that the track is privately owned and the owner can be a bit of a dick at times. True story...owner flew in (via helicopter) with a test driver, shut down a fully paid lapping group for couple hours while the driver test drove his kids race Ferrari.
As for an experience...one of the greatest tracks in North America. Namerow corner will kick your butt.

Mosport DDT is not worth the commute. My opinion only...too far for too little. OK for the locals...because it can provide some challenging corners, but its really rough and too narrow for good/safe passing.

wing
January 27th, 2013, 11:05pm
DDT is like a smaller shannonville

1Morelap
January 28th, 2013, 07:47am
BMW Club(s) goes to Tremblant. Mario went there last year and they lost a session to the rich and powerful. but wasn't a big deal for them.

DDT is like a hilly autox. I did it once, but to be honest if I'm going to drive that far now, might as well go big track. Just not worth the trip IMO.

Mario
January 28th, 2013, 09:04am
For Mont Tremblant, I went with the Quebec BMW Club. Check them out. Its very difficult to find an organization you can join if you have limited driving experience like I had last summer. Its now my favourite track. Very expensive to lap there. There’s also the Viper club of Quebec that goes every summer.

Manimillion
February 26th, 2013, 04:50pm
Went with the BMW club two years a go. Erwan came as well, quite the fun track. No wonder Schumacher called it the mini-Nurburgring!

I12XLR8
February 26th, 2013, 06:04pm
I'd like to try it out sometime this season if the opportunity arises. If only to say that I've done it.

Mario
February 26th, 2013, 10:19pm
Date are out for the Qc BMW Club. Everything happens in English BTW.
June 8 and 9
July 25
August 19 and 20

I’m still waiting on the Viper club to publish their dates

I12XLR8
February 26th, 2013, 11:02pm
Looks like only August doesn't conflict with MR lapping dates. How do I get into the QC BMW club? Do I have to know someone? Grease some palms? Be a construction boss?

Mario
February 27th, 2013, 12:08am
You’ll definitely have to grease the BMW club. It don’t come cheap. Send me a PM with your email and I’ll forward you the emails I got. You simply register. I’m not sure August registration is open yet. Its an amazing track and it was the best instruction/tor, I got last summer

raggedrabbit
February 27th, 2013, 04:34am
Do you have a rough estimate for the outlay to get onto Tremblant? I found the dates on the BMW site, but no mention of cost.

Mario
February 27th, 2013, 08:55am
Registration Fees (for 2 days only)
Super Early-Bird Registration * $475 CAD from Feb 24th to March 20, 2013 **
Early-Bird Registration $525 CAD from March 21st to April 20, 2013
Regular Registration $575 CAD from April 21st to May 21, 2013
Late Registration $625 CAD from May 22nd to June 1, 2013
Non-Member Surcharge $50 CAD to be applied towards a 1-year membership with the home Club
** Max. first 25 sign-ups only

That’s for June + hotel + gas + whatever issue your car will have after

I12XLR8
February 27th, 2013, 09:19am
So this is for an event similar to what MCO puts on? 4 runs a day with an instructor in car, classroom settings, etc, etc. The pricing seems reasonable for such an involved event. I'm sure that's what I paid for my two day event last year at Calabogie.

PM sent.

I12XLR8
February 28th, 2013, 02:42pm
Email sent to Norm to get me hooked up. I sold the trip to the wife as a family vacation for the weekend prior and over the track days. She loved the idea! Now I just have to bury the costs somewhere ;-)

Mario
February 28th, 2013, 04:02pm
Mont Tremblant is a great tourist destination. It will be the highlight of your summer me thinks. Family will love it and you’ll spend most of your time at the track. Win, win, right

I12XLR8
February 28th, 2013, 04:13pm
We've usually go once a year for a weekend and love the area. I'm sure it's going to be awesome but in June I'm going to Germany for a few weeks and will be spending some time at Nurburgring...that just might be the highlight of the summer ;-)

t
February 28th, 2013, 04:50pm
hey man,

in all seriousness (sp?) please remember that there is a significant chance that something will go wrong with you car.

nothing says - "hot weekend with the wife"- better than a cozy ride in a tow truck home.

just bring 2 cars if you can.

t

I12XLR8
February 28th, 2013, 05:10pm
I have told her that we will need two cars, if not just for the tires, tools, etc. Hopefully I'll be able to drive home but it is wise advice.

Mario
February 28th, 2013, 05:24pm
If only I would’ve bought a CAA membership like t but no, I didn’t. First towing $350, second $500. Get the most kilometres you can, its a good insurance and I still need to get it for myself. Dam!

I12XLR8
February 28th, 2013, 05:43pm
good call...looking into it now. Anyone have a promotional code?

1Morelap
February 28th, 2013, 05:48pm
MR has CAA discount.

I12XLR8
February 28th, 2013, 06:02pm
How do I go about applying that deal?

Yellokilo
February 28th, 2013, 06:25pm
Mario: no free roadside assistance with Subaru???

daft_mx5
February 28th, 2013, 07:13pm
^ not if you want them to warranty a pooped engine I imagine...

Yellokilo
February 28th, 2013, 07:23pm
Lapping's not racing.
Ask me how I know.
(Actually, don't ask...)

Mario
February 28th, 2013, 07:41pm
Mario: no free roadside assistance with Subaru???
Yeah I tried that. First you have to tell Subaru you want them to pick you up at a race track which sucks and second they will only tow your car to the nearest Subaru dealer, which could be 300km from your place and not to the garage of your choice to get some stuff removed before the final tow to the dealer if you know what I mean! Track cars should have CAA

Yellokilo
February 28th, 2013, 07:52pm
I paid more for the extra miles over (200km limit) and my dealer is mod-friendly (thank god)

1Morelap
March 2nd, 2013, 07:59pm
How do I go about applying that deal?http://forums.midnightruns.com/showthread.php?20716-CAA-New-Membership-Discount