PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Calabogie Gentleman's GT Race Series

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Mechs02
December 17th, 2012, 12:36pm
Hey Everyone!

Time for a bit of an update! Thanks again for everyone that made it out to our meeting, looks like we have a ton of interest this year,and a lot of returning talent, I'm looking forward to a great season ahead.

I am writing this email to let everyone in on the details of what was announced at our meeting and some changes that have occurred since that meeting. ALL CHANGES APPEAR IN BOLD, and there are some significant ones so please read.

Here are the basics that we covered.

1.Like last year, our series will maintain point-by passing rules, and not allow passing in any corners. This is the cornerstone of how and why our series is possible.

2.Qualifying Cars: - Because of our rules, we can run street cars, to fully prepared race cars and anything in between so long as you meet a few basic requirements.
a.Your car must meet some basic safety requirements as outline by the Ontario Time Attack Vehicle Self Check Form– Outlined here: http://www.casc.on.ca/sites/default/files/2012_vehicle_self_check_form.pdf
b.You and your car must be slower than 2:17 on the CMP Longtrack.
c.You are responsible for your own technical inspection, however if your car is seen to be unsafe you may be removed from an event.

3.Qualifying as a racer – So your car qualifies, but do you qualify to join us? NOTE: this is a RACE not just lapping where we keep track of your place in the field. This is intense, with heavy traffic, understand that before you sign up.
a.Are signed off to drive solo at CMP?
b.Do you have significant lapping experience and have a very high comfort level at the track?
c.Are you comfortable in a lot of fast traffic? You don’t have to be fast, but you have to be able to do your thing, while being able to pay attention to all cars around you, and to point faster people by.
d.Are you new to the series, there will be a peer review done before your first event, likely during the practice of your first event. These will be series veterans that will assess you on track and advise whether or not they feel safe to drive on track with you under race conditions

4.THE RULES:
a.You and your car must qualify as per the above requirements.
b.You must have an in-car video system with a removable memory card or cables on hand to download the video’s while at the track. (eg. Hero Cam)
c.You must have a Snell 2005+ certified helmet
d.You must have an SFI 3.2A/1,3,or 5 certified firesuit
e.You must have SFI 3.3/5 Certified Gloves
f.NOTE: There will be a limited number of SFI 3.2A/5 – 3 Layer Suits and SFI 3.3/5 certified gloves available for rent from the track.
g.All new racers will have a Triangle on their car until the CMP advises it can be taken off
h.*** FIRST CHANGE*** YOU MUST BE A MEMBER OF THE CALABOGIE GT CHALLENGE CLUB – (more info below)
i.Car numbers will be provided and must be mounted on the top of the passenger side of the windshield

5.THE CALABOGIE GT CHALLENGE CLUB – CMP has started an in house club that will provide a variety of benefits to each member. Cost to join the club will be $50. This is a non-refundable charge which provides each club member with the following benefits.
a.Full Race Event Insurance at each event which covers all participant and official liability within the confines of the track including paddock.
b.A steward to maintain and enforce our rules consistently at each event. The head steward will be Terry Dale.
c.Discount on race apparel at Speed Merchants (series approved firesuits and gloves)
d.Racer’s Discount at Perry Auto
e.$50 off the AISA Race school entry fee at CMP.
f.NOTE: For anyone looking to try a race, they can always attend their first race as a guest member. Membership fees would only be due upon return for a second event.

6.PLEASE NOTE, anyone who has already joined the Formula Libre Club who wishes to revoke that membership, please contact Nigel Mortimer directly to arrange a refund. The formula Libre Club has graciously agreed to provide a full refund in light of Calabogie starting their own club for this series. The Forula Libre Club Membership will not be considered in lieu of the Calabogie GT Challenge Club membership. If you wish to continue to hold your Formula Libre Membership, you will need to become a member of both clubs should you wish to race in our series.

7.The Schedule – We have a total of 9 point scoring events and 2 test and tunes; PLEASE NOTE: There has been one date change to the schedule (August 13th race has been changed to August 2nd):
a.Test and Tune 1 – April 27th – Long Track
b.Event 1 – May 4th – Short Track
c.Event 2 – May 24th – Long Track
d.Event 3 – June 22nd – Short Track
e.Test and Tune 2 – July 4th – Long track
f.Event 4 – July 8th – Short Track
g.Event 5 – Aug 2nd – Long track
h.Event 6 – Aug 17th – Short track
i.Event 7, 8, and 9 – Sept 7th and 8th – Long Track (IMSA WEEKEND)

8.Pricing:
a.Single Event - $250.00
b.3+ Events - $225.00/event
i.This also includes 1 free test and tune
ii.Discount only available for purchasing as a package, cumulative purchases are not eligible for the discount.
c.IMSA Weekend package (formerly the Calabogie Gentleman’s Cup) (Event 7, 8, and 9) - $300 Total
d.ALL 9 EVENTS - $200/Event +$250 for the IMSA Weekend = $1450.00
i.This include both Test and Tune Dates
e.If a rental suit and gloves are required (and still available), please add $50 to all “per event” pricing, and a total of $50 for the entire IMSA Weekend.

9.Refunds:
a.Single Events cancelled prior to 7 days before the event will be eligible for a full refund.
b.Within 7 days, no refunds will be issued.
c.Packaged Events – 3+, will be refunded the balance of the amount paid minus the number of past events charged at the single race value.

10.Evening Schedule:
a.Before 4:30 – Driver Check-in and registration
b.4:40 – Mandatory Driver’s Meeting
c.5:00-5:40 – Practice and Qualifying
d.5:50 – Grid
e.6:00 Pace Lap and Race Start
f.Race – 35 minutes
g.7:00 Podium and Social (food and beverages)

11.Prizes:
a.There will be no more podium specific prizes as in past years.
b.There will be a minimum of three $100 CMP Gift Certificates drawn as door prizes for participants.

12.Miscellaneous Info
a.2 Driver Car Teams will be allowed this year. Car/Team scores points rather than just single drivers.
i.MAXIMUM 2 (and the same 2) drivers per team
ii.RENTAL CARS WILL NOT SCORE TEAM POINTS
b.If participant entry in any particular event exceeds 32 racers the day before the event, the event will be run on the long track regardless of scheduled track configuration.

REGISTRATION HAS GONE LIVE! (Feb 19, 2013). Links here: http://www.calabogiemotorsports.com/event-registration/calabogie-gt-challenge/ ; this is password protected... if you don't have a password yet, email me.

Thanks
Matt

CalabogieGT@gmail.com

1Morelap
December 17th, 2012, 01:06pm
cool man, in.

I12XLR8
December 18th, 2012, 01:40am
I'm interested in finding out what the series is all about. Not sure if a DD can handle the abuse but I'm sure I can be useful in other ways if not.

Count me in.

raggedrabbit
December 18th, 2012, 02:04am
Outta town :(

I will stay posted though

gchislett
December 18th, 2012, 09:12am
I'll be there.

t
December 18th, 2012, 10:31am
i am going too.

want to check out the Mysterious Tifosi.....

dwarrick
December 26th, 2012, 02:17pm
I am moving out to BC for the winter on the 10th, but am very interested in running the series in 2013

Mechs02
December 26th, 2012, 05:18pm
Awesome! Ill keep you in the loop. Pm me your email addy if you want to be added to the Emil blasts.

dwarrick
December 26th, 2012, 09:55pm
What event prior can I get signed off to drive solo? I have my lapping/ time attack licence from Nova Scotia, but having an instructor go out with me at calabogie in the car (I have been on with a bike) is super valuable.

Is it something that can be done at a MR event with a certified driver?

1Morelap
December 26th, 2012, 10:03pm
Last year there was a GT practice event before the first competition, that might be a good spot if that happens again. If not we can work something out at an MR event for sure.

Mechs02
December 27th, 2012, 12:17am
There will be a test and tune previous to the first event if you are looking to get to the firs event. You will need to be signed off and vouched for. There will be a peer review system in place this year so if you get signed off for solo by anyone through lapping etc, you can get the ok during one of the test and tunes or one of the practices the night of the race. Remember, not only do you have to be safe to drive at bogie, you also have to be comfortable in close fast traffic, even though we have passing rules... it's still racing. We had some people last year who though it was just lapping with places and got turned off or even mad at the people in the event. So we are making participants very aware ahead of time this year.

Erwan
January 4th, 2013, 08:14pm
I'm interested in finding out what the series is all about. Not sure if a DD can handle the abuse but I'm sure I can be useful in other ways if not.

Count me in.

DDs can handle it fine (knock on wood - so far so good) - Join in the fun!:)

TTC
January 4th, 2013, 10:55pm
Till ya get bumped

I12XLR8
January 4th, 2013, 10:56pm
Good to know there may be others taking out their car seats before coming ;-)

Do most guys run street tires or dedicated track tires?

wing
January 4th, 2013, 11:02pm
No contact yet, knock on wood hopefully never in this series.

I12XLR8
January 4th, 2013, 11:33pm
No contact yet, knock on wood hopefully never in this series.

This is encouraging!

Till ya get bumped

This? Not so much.

1Morelap
January 5th, 2013, 07:57am
I ran the DD mustang for two years, be a man. :) Another guy runs his beautiful Chrysler 300.
Driving behavior has been very good, and well covered in the drivers meetings. I've never been worried about banging doors with another car, it's just not tolerated. The point by passing is very strict, no point, no pass. No need to take a late braking door to door risk.

Of course a car could spin out and be in the way, just like in any other lapping day. Actually, in these events there are way more marshals with eyes on the track than a lapping day, so keep an eye on those flags. Street tires are fine, get your feet wet and see what happens. A good street tire , like hanoook RS3, or even a 100 treadwear tire would be fun.

gchislett
January 5th, 2013, 08:51am
/\ Well said. No need to create fear where there shouldn't be. I feel safer on track during the cup races than I do on normal lapping days.

wing
January 5th, 2013, 10:47am
Yeah at least everyone out there knows where to go!

yanrider
January 5th, 2013, 11:01am
There was talk of tire classes (DOT or race) or a point system at one point, any more on that? I could be confusing with another series.

Mechs02
January 5th, 2013, 12:10pm
There is a point system already in place and will carry over from last season. Only a 1 point difference between places so things can change dramatically even in the last race:)

As for tires the Sony define the class specifically. Your lap times are what define you, so you can use tire choice to zone in where you want to be :)

yanrider
January 5th, 2013, 01:41pm
Sense. It makes some.

daft_mx5
January 5th, 2013, 02:25pm
Sense. It makes some.

Yeah but I still think balls-out Michelin cup tires, (v710 and R6 too to a certain extent) aren't really grassroots or gentlemanly.

yanrider
January 5th, 2013, 03:05pm
Totally agree. I think I'll sell my car to get a Fiesta and run GTlast

But back to SRS mode, I'll try it out with NT05 and if I'm always 2-3 seconds behind my target(s) I'll step up...maybe

Yeah but I still think balls-out Michelin cup tires, (v710 and R6 too to a certain extent) aren't really grassroots or gentlemanly.

Northern Rider
January 5th, 2013, 08:17pm
Yep - this is the best "club" type track event anywhere!

If an old guy in a shiny ole Chrysler 300C can wrestle his 4500 lb beast around in the GT series and not hit anyone . . .

- Then you young fellers in your sports cars should do just fine . . .

Ya gotta come out and try this - at least once in your life! :drive:

- Old Chrysler Guy http://forums.midnightruns.com/images/icons/icon6.png

daft_mx5
January 5th, 2013, 08:30pm
^^^ OH no you didn't! LESBIANS!!

Northern Rider
January 5th, 2013, 08:33pm
^^^ OH no you didn't! LESBIANS!!

Hey! I got nothin' against them . . . . In fact, some of my best friends are LEBANESE!!

t
January 5th, 2013, 10:50pm
Reality just got real.

T

1Morelap
January 6th, 2013, 12:19am
Yep - this is the best "club" type track event anywhere!

If an old guy in a shiny ole Chrysler 300C can wrestle his 4500 lb beast around in the GT series and not hit anyone . . .

- Then you young fellers in your sports cars should do just fine . . .

Ya gotta come out and try this - at least once in your life! :drive:

- Old Chrysler Guy http://forums.midnightruns.com/images/icons/icon6.png

lol awesome, but we got rules, check out the intro section, make with the goods. :) That means don't forget the lesbians.

Northern Rider
January 6th, 2013, 11:58am
lol awesome, but we got rules, check out the intro section, make with the goods. :) That means don't forget the lesbians.

done . . .

Northern Rider
January 7th, 2013, 02:48pm
If you are a 'noobie' to competitive driving, this series may be a good place to get some experience.

Some of us with lots of competitive track experience are very willing to coach newcomers - on basic car prep for the track; learning the circuit; learning how to survive in close proximity with other drivers . . .

In general, how to have a great time, especially if you are short on experience and don't want to spend a small fortune to get some serious driving under your belt.

I12XLR8
January 7th, 2013, 03:07pm
I'll be watching your lines for sure...we both have heavy four door cars with gobs of torque. I'll have real tires this season (which hopefully will not be too ungentlemanly) so hopefully I can tackle the corners a little more aggressively. I have been following Greg's lead so far but that Vette of his is stupid faster than mine...I'll just have to follow his advice and not his car ;-)

Northern Rider
January 7th, 2013, 03:18pm
I'll be watching your lines for sure...we both have heavy four door cars with gobs of torque. I'll have real tires this season (which hopefully will not be too ungentlemanly) so hopefully I can tackle the corners a little more aggressively. I have been following Greg's lead so far but that Vette of his is stupid faster than mine...I'll just have to follow his advice and not his car ;-)

LOL! Keeping up with Greg is no easy task! I hope to be at New Jersey Motorsport Park for some fast lapping in the middle of April. A buddy of mine down there also runs a G8 and we take very similar lines.

Be quite happy to play lead and follow with you at Bogie :)

wing
January 7th, 2013, 07:12pm
Welcome to the site Pat. (Your friendly neighbourhood (former) yellow S2000 owner).

t
January 7th, 2013, 07:26pm
NR has some YouTube vids worth checking out for sure.

Very entertaining until he calls me a backmarker.

Then it sucks.

T

Northern Rider
January 7th, 2013, 08:47pm
Welcome to the site Pat. (Your friendly neighbourhood (former) yellow S2000 owner).

Thanks! Glad to be here. You were on fire in the rain - in our final race! Unbelievable driving.http://forums.midnightruns.com/images/icons/icon14.png

NR has some YouTube vids worth checking out for sure.

Very entertaining until he calls me a backmarker.

Then it sucks.

T

Now that wasn't very nice of me . . . If you come out again next season, I promise never to refer to you that way. http://forums.midnightruns.com/images/icons/icon6.png

daft_mx5
January 7th, 2013, 08:49pm
How about those lesbians!

1Morelap
January 10th, 2013, 03:16pm
First order of business... There will be a meeting at 12:00pm on Jan 12, 2013 at the Tifosi Lounge to discuss the 2013 Gentleman's GT season and series. We have formalized a few items for the coming year and want to bring all interested parties on board!

So:
1. Who's Invited? - Anyone interested in learning about the series, racing, wrenching, volunteering, watching etc.
2. Promotion - We ask all previous entrants to invite along at least one other person who might be interested in joining our series. Let's get the word out early and pack these events!
3. Lunch! The event will be catered, and there is a fee of $20.
4. RSVP - Since the event will be catered I need a head count by Jan 5th at the latest. If you haven't signed up by then, NO FOOD FOR YOU! (well maybe...) - RSVP At CalabogieGT@gmail.com

Official Season information will be posted in this thread following the meeting.

le bump. See you Saturday. :)

JettaRacer
January 10th, 2013, 03:53pm
Luc and I are going to come, assuming my wife can handle looking after our kid for the day.

Northern Rider
January 10th, 2013, 11:02pm
I'll be there - with my daily driver . . . .

http://www.300cforums.com/gallery/data/500/OPH1440-X3.jpg (http://www.300cforums.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=5737&ppuser=538)

Mechs02
January 10th, 2013, 11:39pm
Beautiful!!

Schedule got finalized this evening and I think you guys are going to like what you see!!

I12XLR8
January 11th, 2013, 06:36am
I'll be there - with my daily driver . . . .

http://www.300cforums.com/gallery/data/500/OPH1440-X3.jpg (http://www.300cforums.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=5737&ppuser=538)

Ditto. Looking forward to it.

Mechs02
January 13th, 2013, 12:30am
Thanks everyone for coming out today, we had an amazing turn out! I hope you are all as excited about this summer as I am!

1Morelap
January 13th, 2013, 07:31am
I am. Great price, ASQ membership, cup weekend is part of the points schedule, list goes on... actually you got all the deets handy? I didn't write anything down. :)

wing
January 13th, 2013, 09:53am
Excited here too. A little worried I won't have a car by April though... Gotta get on that.

t
January 13th, 2013, 10:30am
Matt let the rest of us in on the info!

Thanks man.

T

1Morelap
January 13th, 2013, 10:32am
until then mark these dates down. :)

Northern Rider
January 13th, 2013, 11:34am
The turn-out yesterday for the meeting was fantastic!

The leadership from Matt and Nigel (formula Libre) laid out a simple, doable formula . . .

Our membership in ASQ give us cred and great insuance coverage . . .

Terry Dale's committment as Chief Steward will keep safety, fairness, and respect the key factors out on the track . . .

Jane's involvement shows us how committed CMP are to making all this happen . . .

Safe, Inexpensive Grass Roots Racing is alive and well!

Competitors young or old - daily driver, or dedicated track car - it will all make for an awesome summer of racing.

Thanks Matt. :)

I12XLR8
January 13th, 2013, 03:08pm
Here is a suit I found on eBay that appears to meet the series requirements...

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/190720021073?var=490095453259&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648

1Morelap
January 13th, 2013, 03:14pm
If ya can't find a firesuit or not sure you will commit, bogie bought 20 suits to be available for the series. cool right.

mikeman
January 13th, 2013, 03:26pm
Here is a suit I found on eBay that appears to meet the series requirements...

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/190720021073?var=490095453259&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648

... Go to the source:

http://www.k1racegear.com/clearance/k1-auto-racing-suit-triumph-sfi-3-2a-1.html

black and red suit is $95 on clearance..

t
January 13th, 2013, 04:41pm
Wha suit wha?

Need full on suits??

Shoes too?

More purchases to hide from the wife...

T

1Morelap
January 13th, 2013, 04:45pm
Just suit n gloves. but no need to buy suit.

Mario
January 13th, 2013, 04:51pm
Sorry I could not make it, but for all of us that where not there, were can we find/read what was said or new rules? Like what are the rules reading suit? Prices? Tires?

wing
January 13th, 2013, 05:04pm
Only new rule is suit and gloves. 2 layer suit and nomex gloves required. You can rent from bogie for $50.

Price is $250 an event or buy 3 events for $225 each or all 9 for $1450

raggedrabbit
January 13th, 2013, 05:27pm
Will passengers require suits as well?

Mario
January 13th, 2013, 05:59pm
Good question and why the suit? Is there really that great of a chance of fire? I mean most are not using race fuels and drive DD. We’ll all look pretty good though in our jumpsuits Lol. It’ll be a killer in July, but I’m cool with the new changes Eleven events in all when including test and tune? Great

Northern Rider
January 13th, 2013, 06:21pm
It's an awesome deal for 11 days on the track!

Fire Suits are a good idea. Many years ago, I had the misfortune (at the Glen) to test how well they work, after my Alfa GTV coupe landed rubber side up. The fuel started to drip onto me. I had managed to get my head and shoulders out of the window when a fireball engulfed the cockpit.

The suit saved my skin . . .

t
January 13th, 2013, 07:04pm
Fire Suits are a good idea. Many years ago, I had the misfortune (at the Glen) to test how well they work, after my Alfa GTV coupe landed rubber side up. The fuel started to drip onto me. I had managed to get my head and shoulders out of the window when a fireball engulfed the cockpit.

The suit saved my skin . . .

This is well respected.

You don't live this stuff playing GT5.

T

condor888000
January 13th, 2013, 07:47pm
... Go to the source:

http://www.k1racegear.com/clearance/k1-auto-racing-suit-triumph-sfi-3-2a-1.html

black and red suit is $95 on clearance..

If you need a two layer suit that won't cut it, apparently that's a single layer.

karmaboy
January 13th, 2013, 07:53pm
you can do a single layer if you wear Nomex undies.
I have a new single layer suit if you go that route. free to committed gentleman racer. big man suit, 6'-0", 200 lbs.

condor888000
January 13th, 2013, 08:03pm
you can do a single layer if you wear Nomex undies.
I have a new single layer suit if you go that route. free to committed gentleman racer. big man suit, 6'-0", 200 lbs.

Cool, thanks for the info. Still, that's more cash than $95.

t
January 13th, 2013, 08:19pm
If someone sources quality 2 layer.....group buy?

Team DD vs RC.

T

Mario
January 13th, 2013, 09:03pm
So school me on this, what’s better, a 2 layer suit or the complete underwear + 1 layer and why are the 3 layers the best? only cause of fire protection, more breathable. I mean its going to be hot this summer...

Mechs02
January 13th, 2013, 09:12pm
Dustin from k1 was in for doing a group buy on their 2 layer nomex. It was around 100 off the price and gloves for 27.

CMP ended up going with speed merchants. keeping the business local. So they may even do a group buy on the OMP suits if you guys are interested.

FYI the difference between a 3.2a/1 and /5 suit is 3 seconds worth of protection vs 9 seconds for a second degree burn.

Also the long sleeves keeps all kinds of other issues at bay. Broken glass gets into the skin and doesn't come out easily or for a long time.

This also keeps people who aren't in the know from wearing anything containing nylon, that stuff is like napalm in a fire... It may actually be napalm...

Remember calabogie did buy suits specifically for this series, so if you are unsure about buying, throw them a bone back and help them get a return on their investment in every competitors safety.

Taking this stuff up a notch.

yanrider
January 14th, 2013, 07:10am
As for the GT, it is such an awesome concept. Keep up the great work Mat, you're a true pro. But I have to say, when this first started I feared it would grow into a big 'complicated' thing, albeit awesome. Its no longer a arrive and drive thing. I'm all for it, but its come a long way from it's simple beginnings.

Luckily I already have a full approved suit, but I'll need to get one for wife and now I really need a camera system. FWRP

See ya out there!!

sb_915
January 14th, 2013, 12:41pm
until then mark these dates down. :)

:O:O:O

AWESOME schedule - looks like I should be able to make EVERY event.... $$$ depending... :):):)

Mechs02
January 14th, 2013, 01:03pm
awesome!! the buzz seems to be travelling around... I only hear good things so far!

condor888000
January 14th, 2013, 02:15pm
So what exactly has changed, besides the addition of suits? Still doing 2 classes based on breakout times?

As well, James mentioned some pricing details, is there any word on a combo deal like the 3 race 1 test day deal from last year?

Gotta say, I'm pretty excited to see this stuff. I'm looking forward and hope to have the chance to show up.

wing
January 14th, 2013, 02:20pm
Word is, depending on turn out there may be a GT3 class as well.

There are 3 day deals. But you have to buy all three ahead of time to get the deal. No paying for 1 then another then getting the discount. But yes the package is there it's $225 a race I believe in the package deal, not sure if that includes a test and tune or not.

Classes are still based on your times, call it breakout or whatever. So tires, car etc. no rules there.

Also podiums no longer get gift certificates. There will be draws for CMP prizes and maybe other prizes each race, so podiums for bragging rights only.

RandomHer0
January 14th, 2013, 02:24pm
No tiny trophies? Out.

Mechs02
January 14th, 2013, 02:26pm
Wing got it pretty well covered.

Any 3+ package (excl. IMSA weekend) gets 1 of the test and tunes included.

Also you now have to be a member of the Formula Libre Club - GT Series Division in order to compete. This ensures that everyone on track and all the officials are covered by liability insurance in case of any sort of incident.

1Morelap
January 14th, 2013, 02:29pm
In for bragging.

p.s. Love the back n forth between Matt and the Merker Driver during the slide show. " Oh look, I caught up to him again "

Also a chance for two drivers to share a car, ie the cars gets the points, not the drivers. Gives guys like Matt and his dad a chance at something.

For the membership, if you're trying out one event to get your feet wet, they waive the membership fee your first event. :)

RandomHer0
January 14th, 2013, 02:40pm
Did I miss a post (or delete?) the post with all the details? I feel like its all slowly coming out over 5 pages.

Fire Suits + Racing Club Membership? Wut?

condor888000
January 14th, 2013, 02:45pm
Have to be a member of that club or be a CASC member?

So my costs would look like $675 for 3 races, 1 test day, plus either $150 for a rental suit or $X to buy. Plus $Y for club membership.

More than I was hoping for, but not entirely unreasonable.

GT3 would be nice, dunno how well my Miater would keep up otherwise. Any additional requirements for convertables or still CASC safety regs ie: roll bar and you're good?

Mechs02
January 14th, 2013, 03:00pm
Official details havent been released to the general public yet (havent written it all up yet in one comprehensive post). So things are just coming out based on what was discussed at the meeting on the weekend. I will have the post put together shortly.

1Morelap
January 14th, 2013, 03:04pm
It's an ASQ membership. Kinda thinking on giving up on the MCO membership now.
All that gives me is instructor certification and since two events are MCO lapping days anyway I doubt I'll do the double header, just run the GT race those days.
Sell me again on the F Libre membership when you can Matt. :)

RandomHer0
January 14th, 2013, 03:12pm
Whats ASQ? Auto Sport Quebec? http://lasq.ca?

Mechs02
January 14th, 2013, 03:13pm
Have to be a member of that club or be a CASC member?

So my costs would look like $675 for 3 races, 1 test day, plus either $150 for a rental suit or $X to buy. Plus $Y for club membership.

More than I was hoping for, but not entirely unreasonable.

GT3 would be nice, dunno how well my Miater would keep up otherwise. Any additional requirements for convertables or still CASC safety regs ie: roll bar and you're good?

The Club membership is $80 for the year, and Ill explain shortly what that actually gets you.

With respect to convertables, yes they need to meet CASC safety regs. Other than that, you are good to go!

wing
January 14th, 2013, 03:13pm
Yeah to bad I paid for my MCO for two years already..

t
January 14th, 2013, 03:18pm
formula libre?

http://formulalibreclub.com/

$60

karmaboy
January 14th, 2013, 03:30pm
There is a 2 level fee structure.
The open wheel guys decided on $100 (up from $60).
The Gentlemen racers pay $80.

sb_915
January 14th, 2013, 03:32pm
... So wait, you need to be a member of ASQ, or Formula libre club?

RandomHer0
January 14th, 2013, 03:33pm
For insurance purposes apparently.

tellum
January 14th, 2013, 03:40pm
Wow. I'll give Matt the benefit of the doubt and wait for his detailed post before passing judgement.

1Morelap
... So wait, you need to be a member of ASQ, or Formula libre club?

Flibre. it's sanctioned by ASQ.

JettaRacer
For insurance purposes apparently.

It affords the all participants in the club, and particularly the directors and all their delegated volunteers to be covered under the directors insurance policy of the club. Having been ex-prez of MCO and having been involved in running and organizing racing schools, lapping events and full on race weekends, I am aware of a lot of the good reasons for this. The fact that it is ASQ is probably from the Formula Libre side, a bit of a political move, rather than being Ontario affiliated - but I'm not going to touch that one. Having seen what an accidental death, and a huge lawsuit can do to a club and its executive and membership, this is a good thing.

wing
January 14th, 2013, 03:42pm
Yes you need to be part of the libre club as a GT racer. Pretty nice of the club to allow us to do this.

sb_915
January 14th, 2013, 03:42pm
Alright, we'll wait for what Matt says, but I'm going to have an ASQ membership and an MCO membership this year. Would be a shame if I have to pay for a 3rd one as well.

RandomHer0
January 14th, 2013, 03:43pm
It affords the all participants in the club, and particularly the directors and all their delegated volunteers to be covered under the directors insurance policy of the club. Having been ex-prez of MCO and having been involved in running and organizing racing schools, lapping events and full on race weekends, I am aware of a lot of the good reasons for this. The fact that it is ASQ is probably from the Formula Libre side, a bit of a political move, rather than being Ontario affiliated - but I'm not going to touch that one. Having seen what an accidental death, and a huge lawsuit can do to a club and its executive and membership, this is a good thing.

Thats the part I dont get.

JettaRacer
January 14th, 2013, 03:45pm

Politics with respect to the Formula Libre guys. Leave it at that and don't ask any questions.

mikeman
January 14th, 2013, 03:54pm
Politics with respect to the Formula Libre guys. Leave it at that and don't ask any questions.

why?

daft_mx5
January 14th, 2013, 03:58pm

So Formula Libre = Nigel M.?

wing
January 14th, 2013, 04:01pm
Shawn why not just get the libre club membership?

I12XLR8
January 14th, 2013, 04:01pm
Do we need to specify which events we'd like to attend when purchasing a 3 event package?

edit: Does it need to be stated which dates when the package is purchased.

JettaRacer
January 14th, 2013, 04:04pm
why?

Let us just say that regional racing politics in Ontario are, umm, well, errr... I'm not touching that one with a ten foot pole.

t
January 14th, 2013, 04:19pm
Do we need to specify which events we'd like to attend when purchasing a 3 event package?

it has been this way in the past.

now I don't know anything again.

t

Mechs02
January 14th, 2013, 04:29pm
Wow lots of buzz.

ok let me break it down.

The Formula Libre Club started last year by Nigel Mortimer and Franc Roiron out of the necessity to for a grass roots open wheel racing club without all the politics that goes on in the regional racing circuits. Since they do wheel to wheel racing they do require insurance to cover their events. The ASQ was apparently the easiest to deal with and provided the most functionality with respect to the activities that Formula Libre Club wanted to put on. Nigel had approached me late last year to advised that he loved what i was doing, and was going to be implementing the same sort of open wheel series at calabogie this year, and wanted to talk about some possibilities of joining forces. After some long discussions it was decided (and was then fully supported by Calabogie), that all Participants would have to be members of the Formula Libre club in order to participate in our series. This includes the CMP mustang Class. Here are the benefits to the participants:

1. Since Formula Libre Club is registered with the ASQ, each participant with have Liability Insurance while at an event. What does this actually mean, well no one is ever covered for vehicle damage, etc. but now if someone tries to sue you for damages, whether it is warranted or not. I.e. other people have been sued just for being a participant at an event where someone else was hurt. Right or wrong, you can go bankrupt just try to get through court to prove that it had nothing to do with you. Having liability insurance gets rid of this problem.

2. Stepping up the professionalism of our series as we get more participants and spreading my load a little bit is the introduction of Stewards to the series. Namely, Terry Dale. This ensures that the rules that we set forth are not only up held, and consistently so, and if there are issues between competitors for what ever reason there is a place to go to mediate said issue. Currently I am the one who deals with any and all disputes and that isn't fair when i am a competitor and can't deal with things as they are happening (i.e. from the control tower), nor is it fair if someone were to have an issue with me. Some of the fee structure goes to paying the stewards.

3. By doing this all the the Formula Libre Club, we get to organize the events the way we want, set the rules we want, while keeping everyone insured, and keeping rules fair and consistent, WITHOUT the need of going to larger, more litigious, and extremely political routes.

Essentially, we get all the good, with none of the bad. That was the decision for going this route.

We have our own fee structure because we get different things out of the club than a standard libre club member gets.

With respect to questions about membership elsewhere, unfortunately, regardless of where you are a member already, its about being a part of this club, with these rules, that makes this all possible, so for others like me who have multiple memberships this is an extra cost. But given the fee structure i worked through calabogie, I hope that no one find the $80 fee a complete back breaker.

In all honesty, given what we already spend on our sport, or have to be prepared to spend (extra tires, gas, oil etc) if $80 is the breaking point, this may not be the sport for you.

Mechs02
January 14th, 2013, 04:30pm
rep.

Let us just say that regional racing politics in Ontario are, umm, well, errr... I'm not touching that one with a ten foot pole.

Mechs02
January 14th, 2013, 04:32pm
Yes. when registration goes live, you will be sent to one of three places,
1.single event registration where all events are listed and you pick 1, pay, add details, move on.
2. Bulk events, where you pick 3+ events and your choice of test and tune, again all labeled by date... add details, etc.
3. Complete season... nuff said.

Mechs02
January 14th, 2013, 04:34pm
I will be sending out a Formula Libre Club registration sheet as there is a specific one for our division. If there is a way to attach the sheet to the forum like how get takes tech sheets before a lapping day that would be great! Someone let me know!

condor888000
January 14th, 2013, 05:27pm
Matt, thanks for taking the time to clear everything up. It seems as though the steps that have been taken are for the good of the series, which is awesome to see.

The only questions I have left are about the suits. Was this change brought on for liability reasons as well? And what rating precisely is required?

I'll have to check the budget, but odds are I'll be out for at least 3 events.

Mechs02
January 14th, 2013, 05:42pm
The firesuits were brought up originally by Calabogie as a concern not for legal liability but more for the fact that some could happen, and this was a simple way to get everyone to have a little more protection in case of incident. Simply looking out for the competitors themselves.

With respect to ratings for this year either SFI 3.2A/1 or 5 will be accepted. The question becomes what do you feel safer in.

Matt, thanks for taking the time to clear everything up. It seems as though the steps that have been taken are for the good of the series, which is awesome to see.

The only questions I have left are about the suits. Was this change brought on for liability reasons as well? And what rating precisely is required?

I'll have to check the budget, but odds are I'll be out for at least 3 events.

luker
January 14th, 2013, 05:55pm
Hey Matt if you want some navigating all of this you have at least three guys here with experience dealing with regional organizations and ASN insurance.

Involving either ASQ or CASC-OR by definition means politic will be involved. Currently ASQ is the lesser of two evils. Wasn't always the case.

On the membership thing $80 won't make or break someone. However when you've had to pay 2-3 times already for other memberships it add up on the budget.

Liability should be covered in your director and per event policies regardless of whether participants are affiliated or not. I need to check the ASN tables for where this type of event would fall within the rules.

Northern Rider
January 14th, 2013, 06:02pm
Matt - what you have put together here, is nothing short of amazing!

We have a competitive racing series in our back yard, on a world class circuit, that allows DD's as well as race cars.
We have the full co-operation of the folks at CMP.
We have, imo - the best Race Steward in the country - Terry Dale - ensuring that our simple rules are respected and that competitors respect each other.
We have 9 events - and 2 test and tunes

And the best part of all of this - is that we do this at a COST PER LAP that, to my knowledge, is lower than anywhere else in North America for competitive auto racing.

6 years back, I went to NASCAR and brought the Legends Series racing to Capital City Speedway, run under full NASCAR sanctioning. At the time, it was the cheapest sanctioned racing you could do. But it was, and still is considerably more spendy on a cost per lap than what the 2013 Gentlemen's GT series is.

Job well done!

Mechs02
January 14th, 2013, 06:04pm
I definitely appreciate that! The bonus is, we can let Formula Libre deal with the specifics and the logistics. We pay and play. no politics, no problems.

We don't have director or per event policies... hence bringing it up a notch.

Hey Matt if you want some navigating all of this you have at least three guys here with experience dealing with regional organizations and ASN insurance.

Involving either ASQ or CASC-OR by definition means politic will be involved. Currently ASQ is the lesser of two evils. Wasn't always the case.

On the membership thing $80 won't make or break someone. However when you've had to pay 2-3 times already for other memberships it add up on the budget.

Liability should be covered in your director and per event policies regardless of whether participants are affiliated or not. I need to check the ASN tables for where this type of event would fall within the rules.

wing
January 14th, 2013, 06:22pm

Ready to go :)

mikeman
January 14th, 2013, 06:37pm
Really, really want (NEED) to participate....................................... ................ This is amazing.

t
January 14th, 2013, 07:44pm

Good to go!

t

wing
January 14th, 2013, 07:46pm
Hahahaha.

I got one of those this year as well. Don't trust the truck anymore.

Mechs02
January 14th, 2013, 07:46pm
Lol awesome!

1Morelap
January 14th, 2013, 08:22pm
REPPPPPED TONY!

sb_915
January 14th, 2013, 08:31pm
Shawn why not just get the libre club membership?

Because Perry Performance is a huge sponsor of mine and I have committed to an AISA membership.

1Morelap
January 14th, 2013, 08:47pm

why?

So Formula Libre = Nigel M.? yah man.

See point 3 in Matts post. sums it up sorta.

Back when myself and 3 other drivers did the first race I had two thoughts. This is beyond awesome, and someone in Ontario will shoot this down eventually.

I could name at least 5 people who were at the meeting Saturday that will never enter this series, they were just there to see how the other side does it.

Been involved enough in the treehouse to know this is a good direction that still keeps it fun, grassroots and attainable.

So yah it means maybe I drop one membership for another.

-Shawn, Nigel and Carl have a partnership of some sort, most of the stuff Nigel sells on MCO comes from Perry P and C. Work out a deal!

-Matt, little trophies or dash plaques for the podiums are key!

-so anyone know if they make Elvis Presley race suits?

yanrider
January 15th, 2013, 07:09am
I think it goes without saying, but passengers need a suit also right?

wing
January 15th, 2013, 08:51am
But passengers only allowed in qualifying not the race.

NoLimits Autoparts
January 15th, 2013, 10:16am
If we need a deal on racesuits, Let me know, I was just talking to my rep and we can get extra discounts on a spring order with Gforce

RandomHer0
January 15th, 2013, 10:18am
Are there any cheap suits that comply and dont make you look like a virgin with your nuts split down the middle?

mikeman
January 15th, 2013, 10:18am
race car pajamas?

yanrider
January 15th, 2013, 10:32am
Fuck it. I'll buy her an umbrella and a boob job. Cheaper

daft_mx5
January 15th, 2013, 10:33am
Wish Dickies made race suits.

RandomHer0
January 15th, 2013, 10:34am
Fuck it Im wearing my Carhartts.

dwarrick
January 17th, 2013, 10:30pm
So stoked!

raggedrabbit
January 18th, 2013, 02:39am

Curious about this.

1Morelap
January 18th, 2013, 08:21am
Instructors could ride shot gun during the race.

yanrider
January 18th, 2013, 08:43am
But who drives our cars!!!

Instructors could ride shot gun during the race.

Mario
January 18th, 2013, 08:45am
Educate me. What’s riding shot gun?

RandomHer0
January 18th, 2013, 08:50am
Front Passenger seat.

Pete
January 18th, 2013, 08:55am
Educate me. What’s riding shot gun?

when you are driving with he following... missing a few teeth, trucker mesh cap, wife beater, 5 day beard and of course... a shotgun.

Mario
January 18th, 2013, 08:59am
Good. I thought it was smoking dop in the front seat.

Ian
January 18th, 2013, 10:11am
My notes from the meeting:

need a firesuit (SFI 3.2A rating minimum)
need gloves (SFI 3.3/5 rating minimum)
need membership in Formula Libre for $80 (all benefits noted above)
2 test and tunes (April 27th and July 4th)
6 individual events
3 races at IMSA weekend
package deal of all 11 events for $1450 (pretty good deal IMO)
Calabogie will have suits/gloves to rent for $50/event
you have to have a camera mounted in car
you must yield to S2000s

That was everything that I wrote down. There are probably errors but that covers the highlights.

wing
January 18th, 2013, 10:13am
you must yield to S2000s

You mis-understood. Last year that was in the rules but it has been removed for the 2013 as some competitors found it unfair.

yanrider
January 19th, 2013, 08:08pm
Serious question; is there any way the rules could change and accept any kind of recording device sin card or not? As long as videos can be emailed, loaded on a pc etc...bias questions I know, but could be good for others. Many use iPhones and what not.

Pete
January 19th, 2013, 08:29pm
Serious question; is there any way the rules could change and accept any kind of recording device sin card or not? As long as videos can be emailed, loaded on a pc etc...bias questions I know, but could be good for others. Many use iPhones and what not.

Usually, most devices that record on a SDcard will record on the card as it goes. If something happens, even if the camera is fubared in a accident(short of burning down), you can still take out the card and view it's content on any other devices usually.

That's probably why... or they just hate iphones, that could be it too.

yanrider
January 19th, 2013, 08:37pm
Oh. My BlackBerry has a sim card. Hah!

wing
January 19th, 2013, 09:34pm
I don't care either way. But i understand why they want the memory card.

If an event occurs they can look at it immediately on any computer at the track. With no memory card you need drivers, special software etc etc.

Heck iphone doesnt even record in mpg its mp4.

Doesn't have to be a gopro. You can get a cam for like $80-100
http://m.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2544791&Sku=G48-1240

yanrider
January 20th, 2013, 02:17am
Ya I guess. I got one of those. Fine.

If an event occurs they can look at it immediately on any computer at the track. With no memory card you need drivers, special software etc etc.

http://m.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2544791&Sku=G48-1240

yanrider
January 20th, 2013, 02:18am
Ya I guess. I got one of those. Fine.

Casper
January 22nd, 2013, 11:07pm
Intro. Now! Read the rules!

Pete
January 22nd, 2013, 11:11pm
Intro. Now! Read the rules!

Yeah, what Casper said...

and make DAMN sure to read the rules and see other intros if you cant read, you should figure it out quickly enough.

1Morelap
January 23rd, 2013, 06:24am
who are you talking too, Yan?

tellum
January 23rd, 2013, 07:19am
I moderated a post. That's why something's missing there. As soon as Zoot posts a proper intro I'll approve his previous post.

Casper
January 23rd, 2013, 08:37am
Damn mods. Making me look STUPID.

Blind
January 23rd, 2013, 05:51pm
Good. I thought it was smoking dop in the front seat.
lol. awesome.

Mechs02
January 24th, 2013, 06:50pm
EVENT INFO PASTED ON FIRST PAGE... Some Major Changes since the first meeting... so please read.

wing
January 24th, 2013, 07:57pm
Awesome stuff Matt -- thanks for your hard work.

Thanks to Calabogie for their effort in helping this series out and their commitment to keeping it inexpensive!

I noticed more than half the events are on long track now. I don't care either way, but I do love the short track and it certainly gives the slower cars more of a chance -- it also keeps the action close. I know why the IMSA weekend is long track, why the change for the other events?

Mechs02
January 24th, 2013, 08:01pm
There has been discussion about people wanting the long track. Thought wed try mixing it up a bit:)

So for our regular six events its 4 short and 2 long:)

condor888000
January 24th, 2013, 09:28pm
Cool. I was only planning to do short track events (I find Rocky Road and no name straight REALLY boring) plus one T&T, so no big changes affect me. I'm happy with the $50 membership instead of $80 though. And I've already told Carl at Perry that I'll see him on the 2nd to sort out a firesuit.

wing
January 24th, 2013, 09:31pm
Glad I bought my suit in october before the rush LOL.

Matt any news on gloves?

condor888000
January 24th, 2013, 09:33pm
Meh, Carl said he'd budget an hour and a half to help me out, which is awesome of him.

First post lists gloves requirements.

e.You must have SFI 3.3/5 Certified Gloves

Mechs02
January 24th, 2013, 09:37pm
Lol the mad rush!

Gloves. There is a decent discount for the OMP gloves from speed merchants.

K1 still has a great set on clearance still.

MANL can get great stuff too. Personally I am now out of the glove deal loop.

wing
January 24th, 2013, 09:59pm
I have a set, just thought a second pair for $30-$40 would be worth having.

Be careful Pat, I went to see Carl for an inexpensive suit, came back with the most expensive suit they make... damn you Carl!

Seriously though he has a great selection!

t
January 25th, 2013, 12:36am
If I show up being the only one in a suit..........it will be like high school prom all over again.

t

1Morelap
January 25th, 2013, 07:21am
EVENT INFO PASTED ON FIRST PAGE... Some Major Changes since the first meeting... so please read.

So much better this way. Thanks boss. :)

luker
January 25th, 2013, 09:43am

QFT

sb_915
January 25th, 2013, 10:26am

x3

You really kicked ass on this Matt... super stoked :)

JettaRacer
January 25th, 2013, 11:00am

X4. Good job.

Chris916
January 25th, 2013, 04:07pm
x5

Quick actions, I like it!

Mechs02
January 25th, 2013, 04:09pm
Can't be fast on the track... might as well be fast at everything else!

Mechs02
January 25th, 2013, 04:12pm
PS. Facebook page has been updated - come like it and I will see what i can do about getting hot pit girls...
https://www.facebook.com/CalabogieGT

TTC
February 2nd, 2013, 10:38am
Can I do the test and tune without a fire suit and stuff since its not a race?

Mechs02
February 2nd, 2013, 01:44pm
Absolutely.

TTC
February 2nd, 2013, 02:45pm
OOOOO that will be sweet. Good day to road tune my car.

t
February 3rd, 2013, 06:07pm
I am in only if RH is in.

Need some competition.

t

RandomHer0
February 3rd, 2013, 06:58pm
Not sure how to take that.

Mechs02
February 3rd, 2013, 07:47pm
Hhaha guess you have to race the whole season and find out!

RandomHer0
February 3rd, 2013, 08:32pm
Oh.

Mechs02
February 3rd, 2013, 09:07pm
You're not going to find out are you? Haha

Mechs02
February 13th, 2013, 08:48pm
FYI - requirements change today... Iphones and other non-memory card in car video will be accepted so long as you bring the cables to download stuff at the track.

Mechs02
February 19th, 2013, 04:40pm
Registration open!

wing
February 19th, 2013, 05:21pm
Money escaping wallet!

Northern Rider
February 19th, 2013, 07:05pm
Can't think of a more frivolous way to spend it . . . .

I'm in!

sb_915
February 20th, 2013, 04:53pm
AWESOME!

looks like it's going to be a 3-race pack for me, plus the IMSA weekend. Should be awesome :) Was hoping to do all 9, but the funds just aren't there this year.

Thanks again Matt!

Mario
February 20th, 2013, 05:07pm
I would buy a 3 pack too but you have to choose dates now. Can I still have that deal and pick the races I’ll do according to how my summer schedule will turn out? Not from the website anyway. If not I’ll just go with the flow and buy individually.

It doesn’t look like we can just pay $50 membership alone either? I don’t want to commit to any dates before at least a couple of weeks prior to event. Life is crazy. Too many things to do. I hate commitments even the good ones. Lol

Mechs02
February 20th, 2013, 05:11pm
you can buy the membership by going in to any of the categories, single, 3+ or full season, and just pick the GT membership and nothing else. then check out.

As for pick dates as we move on, its a bit of an administrative nightmare.... so if you are really unsure which you want to do, it may be best to go with the flow and pick up events individually. it'll cost you abit more, but gives you some more freedom.

I would buy a 3 pack too but you have to choose dates now. Can I still have that deal and pick the races I’ll do according to how my summer schedule will turn out? Not from the website anyway. If not I’ll just go with the flow and buy individually.

It doesn’t look like we can just pay $50 membership alone either? I don’t want to commit to any dates before at least a couple of weeks prior to event. Life is crazy. Too many things to do. I hate commitments even the good ones. Lol

Mario
February 20th, 2013, 05:21pm
That's what I'll do. Thanks

wing
February 20th, 2013, 05:25pm
I'm going to buy the whole season.

1Morelap
February 20th, 2013, 06:28pm
I'm going to buy the whole season.

Mario
February 20th, 2013, 07:26pm
Its a good deal but they are not easy to sell if you can’t make it. I don’t think its like lapping and you have up to a week before the event, if you cancel and want a full refund?

1Morelap
February 20th, 2013, 07:55pm
Three $100 Calabogie MotorSports Park Gift Certificates will be drawn as door prizes. If you make podium, you get bragging rights!!

needs more tiny trophy. dash plaque. and or deer antlers. Need somethin to put on the wall !

Mario
February 20th, 2013, 08:17pm
BTW I tried paying my membership using the Single password and it did not work, so I entered using the 3 day special

yanrider
February 21st, 2013, 07:03am
I'm going to buy the whole season even though I don't have a car yet.

You cray

yanrider
February 21st, 2013, 07:05am
For serious!!??

Fuuu anyone want to buy a GoPro Hero HD

FYI - requirements change today... Iphones and other non-memory card in car video will be accepted so long as you bring the cables to download stuff at the track.

1Morelap
February 21st, 2013, 07:05am
ya I do

yanrider
February 21st, 2013, 07:11am
Cool. We'll talk. Sorry to

Hi Jack,

How are you. Back to CGGTR talk chap.

Cheerio

Manimillion
February 22nd, 2013, 09:19am
So who has signed up already and what have they signed up for?

Mechs02
February 22nd, 2013, 12:47pm
Full season for me! :D

t
February 28th, 2013, 12:30pm
I am in!!!

i would LOVE some instruction from whomever would be willing - anytime during the dates below!!

Test day - April 27th
GT2
GT4
GT6

yah!

t

Mechs02
February 28th, 2013, 12:40pm
T in tha HOUSE. I will be there and willing to lend a hand... until you start beating me... then i start giving you bad instruction.

1Morelap
February 28th, 2013, 02:18pm
Happy to help you out anytime too T.

t
February 28th, 2013, 03:04pm
yah!!!!!

thanx fellas!!!!!

t

1Morelap
February 28th, 2013, 03:24pm
2 piece suit is ok right?

anyone know if that's ok for Chump and regional Road racing as well? skimming through the rule books, sorta vague.

wing
February 28th, 2013, 03:34pm
Pretty sure you need three layers. So two layer suit is okay as long as you wear nomex underwear.

Easier to buy a three layer probably cheaper in the long run.

t
February 28th, 2013, 03:36pm
i think he means 2 piece compared to a unitard version.

t

1Morelap
February 28th, 2013, 03:39pm
what tony said. unitard. or pants/jacket.

1Morelap
February 28th, 2013, 03:44pm
yah, regional road racing is a one zee from what I can see. Not that I'm planning on road racing, but why buy the wrong gear.

Mechs02
February 28th, 2013, 03:45pm
Pants and jacket ok for CMP GT Challenge. Not ok for regional, dont know about chump.

1Morelap
Thanks Matt.

Mechs02
zactly why i bought the one piece... good for whatever i want to do now.

yah, regional road racing is a one zee from what I can see. Not that I'm planning on road racing, but why buy the wrong gear.

1Morelap
February 28th, 2013, 03:51pm
FYI, a GForce 545 Nomex size Large, weighs 3lbs according to the tech line at G force. ( it's their lightest model)
Mike at No Limits sells them. :) If he stocks it he can bring one in to test fit. Give him a call.

I just tried on the 505, fit well, but pretty sure the lighter suit would feel better.

wing
February 28th, 2013, 03:51pm
Ah sorry 2 piece not 2 layer.

reading fail.

Mechs02
February 28th, 2013, 03:56pm
My dad got the heavier one... looks like he's wearing a canvas bag... not appealing on the really hot days....

Northern Rider
February 28th, 2013, 05:28pm
T in tha HOUSE. I will be there and willing to lend a hand... until you start beating me... then i start giving you bad instruction.

What he sez . . . . :)

Looking forward to seeing you at the track!

Northern Rider
March 1st, 2013, 06:06pm
Newly Hired Tech Inspectors for the 'Bogie Gentlemen's GT Series:

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/778844_416674915076864_396357270_o.jpg

Pete
March 1st, 2013, 06:52pm
Errr.. they inspect or we inspect? It's not entirely clear here...

t
March 2nd, 2013, 03:32pm
What he sez . . . . :)

Looking forward to seeing you at the track!

We shall see who calls who a back marker this year!

Psyched!

t

Northern Rider
March 2nd, 2013, 06:38pm
We shall see who calls who a back marker this year!

Psyched!

t

Me too! Looking forward to May!

yanrider
March 3rd, 2013, 06:20pm
FINALY!!! Lesbians...

Newly Hired Tech Inspectors for the 'Bogie Gentlemen's GT Series:

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/778844_416674915076864_396357270_o.jpg

Northern Rider
March 12th, 2013, 06:35pm
FINALY!!! Lesbians...

Ya think?!

Just registered and paid up for the full GT Challenge Series.

1Morelap
April 1st, 2013, 07:26am
flame suit available in Ottawa. short guys?

http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=27232

Mechs02
April 1st, 2013, 08:00am
Aaaand 4 weeks until the first test and tune!!!

1Morelap
April 1st, 2013, 03:30pm
registered full series. :)

Mario
April 1st, 2013, 07:42pm
Registered the first half but with the family vacation, the second half is going to be more tricky.

Jethro
April 1st, 2013, 08:02pm
Mario....Pit crew!

Mario
April 1st, 2013, 08:06pm
Jethro, there’s no way my wife comes to a track :pound:

sb_915
April 5th, 2013, 01:59pm
Officially registered for Events 1, 3, and 6.

I'll be signing up for the Cup weekend as well, but registration will wait for that to spread out the expenses a bit!!!

Mechs02
April 5th, 2013, 02:00pm
Booyah! So pumped!!

Manimillion
April 14th, 2013, 10:01pm
Looks like we are going to have a seriously good looking 1M in the series!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/555763_10151304757671442_352170516_n.jpg

Can you confirm Matt?

Ian
April 14th, 2013, 10:12pm
Nice car! It should look great in my rear view mirror. Oh wait, is this the trash talk thread? :)

Mechs02
April 15th, 2013, 06:46am
There are rumblings... nothing officially confirmed yet :)

Looks like we are going to have a seriously good looking 1M in the series!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/555763_10151304757671442_352170516_n.jpg

Can you confirm Matt?

Mechs02
April 15th, 2013, 06:47am
hahah nice.

Nice car! It should look great in my rear view mirror. Oh wait, is this the trash talk thread? :)

Ian
April 15th, 2013, 08:40am
Do we need all the safety gear for the test day?

Mechs02
April 15th, 2013, 10:37am
Nope! Test and tunes and regular lapping day equipment requirements.

condor888000
April 18th, 2013, 07:40pm
Whoo! Just registered for May 4, July 4, July 8 and Aug 17th! See ya guys out there.

Mechs02
April 18th, 2013, 07:43pm
Woot! Awesome!

condor888000
April 18th, 2013, 07:45pm
Shit...I fucked up. Matt you got an email explaining how I'm an idiot.

Mechs02
April 18th, 2013, 08:16pm
lol got it. Ill fix it. :D

condor888000
April 18th, 2013, 09:49pm
Thanks Matt, sorry I caused work for ya.

Mechs02
April 18th, 2013, 09:59pm
No worries. I do the whole thing for free, might as well pile some more good karma on there:p

wing
April 22nd, 2013, 11:22am
Paid in full! :)

t
April 22nd, 2013, 11:26am
so who is out on Saturday?

I am going to wear my 2 piece suit for a test run too.

what do people wear under these things?

t

t

wing
April 22nd, 2013, 11:35am
I'll be there.

wear boxers and a t-shirt. Or loose shorts and a t-shirt or something. Some people don't even wear a t-shirt but best to do so to keep the suit fresh.

Or you can get special nomex underwear but that's expensive...

I'll be wearing my suit, hans, gloves etc. It's going to feel weird first time out for sure, hopefully I won't be cold though!

Mechs02
April 22nd, 2013, 11:41am
I'm in.

Probably not wearing my suit for T&T.

Playing with tire pressures and brake bias on sat. Oh and getting used to being on track again and not driving a truck...

Ian
April 22nd, 2013, 11:50am
Just signed up for the whole deal. Spent the weekend working on the car and everything looks good. The car has been so ridiculously reliable on track that I like to go over it end to end ... my luck can't hold out forever. Definitely looking forward to getting back on track and shaking the rust off. I'll probably wear my suit for a few session later in the day just to get used to it. Maybe all day if it's cold.

Now if only we could run short track for a few sessions ;)

I'm assuming we'll be running 30 minute sessions alternating with the Formula Libre guys?

wing
April 22nd, 2013, 11:52am
S2000 is like a rock, even when things break it keeps going LOL

I think the boots are going to be the biggest adjustment... and the car :P

Ian, it's a CMP lapping day. AFAIK it's open lapping for us. IE, you can go out anytime and just run till you drop.

Depending on how I feel and how the car is doing, I'd like to do a long stint. No gas gauge so I'd like to see how long it lasts. I was told about an hour...

t
April 22nd, 2013, 12:28pm
putting it out there now...

would love some in car driving tips please (not today, saturday)!

t

Chris916
April 22nd, 2013, 01:18pm
I'm in! Really looking forward to getting back on track.

condor888000
April 22nd, 2013, 02:56pm
Starting to wish I had skipped the Sens game this sat and gone to bogie instead. Ah well, may 4ths only a week further!

Northern Rider
April 22nd, 2013, 05:09pm

t

I'll be there. Quite willing to play lead and follow.

I'm sure there will be others willing to assist you, as well. It's a friendly, helpful bunch of track rats . . . .

wing
April 22nd, 2013, 09:03pm

t

I'd be more than happy to ride along.

Mechs02
April 22nd, 2013, 09:05pm
You know I'm there for you T! Ill apologize now if I make you slower...

1Morelap
April 22nd, 2013, 10:02pm
Same here Tony and anyone else. I don't plan on putting down a lot of laps so should have some free time to help. Same goes for anyone else.

Total last minute prep this week. List keeps growing and I still dont have the car back from the paint fix. Won't have it back till late Thursday nite either. shooo.

wing
April 22nd, 2013, 10:06pm
List always grows it seems. Take two things off put four on.

I think I just need to pack now...

1Morelap
April 22nd, 2013, 10:07pm
so jealous.

Mario
April 22nd, 2013, 10:11pm
Hey I’m having my steering rack replaced tomorrow. What’s next

Northern Rider
April 22nd, 2013, 10:46pm
Heavy day of prep today.

Washed and waxed the beast . . . should help the big black brick slip through the air a bit faster . . . or not!

sb_915
April 23rd, 2013, 10:17am
pfft... you guys have it easy!

-Finish ducting to rad
-finish fabricating splitter "fences"
-fab up front brake ducts
-wire & install defog fan
-disassemble front bumper, fender, and front end trim
-paint said parts
-reassemble said parts
-respray interior (esp. floor)
-lower passenger seat
-fluid changes (engine oil, tranny oil, diff oil, brake/clutch bleed, coolant flush)
-install rear airbags on truck
-install tool cabinet in trailer

gchislett
April 23rd, 2013, 10:25am
pfft... you guys have it easy!

-Bring Back Geoff's hood
-Finish ducting to rad
-finish fabricating splitter "fences"
-fab up front brake ducts
-wire & install defog fan
-disassemble front bumper, fender, and front end trim
-paint said parts
-reassemble said parts
-respray interior (esp. floor)
-lower passenger seat
-fluid changes (engine oil, tranny oil, diff oil, brake/clutch bleed, coolant flush)
-install rear airbags on truck
-install tool cabinet in trailer

Fixed...

sb_915
April 23rd, 2013, 10:37am
haha aw crap! forgot about that!!!

I'll pick it up tomorrow night and drop it off to you thursday?

gchislett
April 23rd, 2013, 10:55am
Lol. that's fine.