PDA

View Full Version : Update: U-Drift

Yellokilo
July 30th, 2012, 01:17pm
So pissed off!

Sitting in Vegas in my hotel room right now contemplating my next move. (Yup, too cheap to spend 100$/min to lap a Ferrari).

U-Drift has just gone out of business!!!
Last I heard, they moved location from the Las Vegas Motor Speedway to a small dinky parking lot.
Then, their cars broke down.
Finally, they could not renew their licenses...

I was sooooo looking forward to it.
Oh well, there's always shopping with the wife.

First world problems, I know.

Jethro
July 30th, 2012, 01:23pm
Just go down to the drift park and talk to some of the guys there.

That's what I did.
They have better cars.

Yellokilo
July 30th, 2012, 01:24pm
Where's the drift park?
I'll google it.
Thanks for the tip man.

Gojira
July 30th, 2012, 01:27pm
You poor thing.

Jethro
July 30th, 2012, 01:31pm
Lol...las Vegas speedway park.
Left side of the main access road behind the speedway.
Follow the tire smoke. Don't get fooled by the mooks driving the ferraris. The drift park is further down.

Erwan
July 30th, 2012, 01:46pm
meh if I were in Vegas again I would drop coin on the Exotic Racing deal for 20 laps...I did 20 laps in the F430 Scuderia and would do it again in a heart beat.

But then again I had never driven any 'super' car before so it was pretty exciting, coming from a GTR driving a Ferrari may not seem that exciting haha

Worth it :0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=J-js5FEyiX0#t=1219s

Gojira
July 30th, 2012, 01:51pm
I see the words Vegas and Laps.:eyebrows:

RandomHer0
July 30th, 2012, 02:25pm
Did someone say boner?

dscottp
July 30th, 2012, 03:17pm
I did the Exotics Racing a couple years ago. Expensive as all fuck, but when else am I going to get to drive a Ferrari 458 and Audi R8 around a race track? They'll let you actually drive the car and give it the beans, but they will get grabby with the steering wheel if they do something you don't like. Track is super short too. Set up to make sure that the average joe can hop in and drive a super car around it without incident.

Warning: This was actually my first time on a track. I know I was shit then, because I'm still shit now :bowl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoGW-B2K-Xg&feature=g-upl

volvoline
July 30th, 2012, 05:30pm
So pissed off!

Sitting in Vegas in my hotel room right now contemplating my next move. (Yup, too cheap to spend 100$/min to lap a Ferrari).

U-Drift has just gone out of business!!!
Last I heard, they moved location from the Las Vegas Motor Speedway to a small dinky parking lot.
Then, their cars broke down.
Finally, they could not renew their licenses...

I was sooooo looking forward to it.
Oh well, there's always shopping with the wife.

First world problems, I know.

after reading this im currently drinking scotch in a leather chair with dimples siftering my cheap scotch in a glass while dilluting it with my tears. also this is playing in the backround... im a mess after this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izGwDsrQ1eQ