View Full Version : THANKS!!! (Video inside as well)

June 25th, 2012, 03:49pm
I need to thank the following people for my awesomest weekend ever :runaway:

Matt -- For creating the Calabogie GT Race series, without it I suspect I would not have been granted a license. And without the experience of racing closer to cars and doing a few race starts, I would have been in deep water come race day with the CTCC.

Rob -- For getting me a medical through his wife in like a day! And for his support.

Steve Greiner for writing a recommendation letter to ASN for my license

Bruce Gregory for his support

Chris for his gear!! Chris lent me his HANS, race gloves, suit, socks, shirts (but not underwear) and his gear bag. I got it full of champagne and tons of sweat!

And Positive Greg! This guy was like "Hey have fun at iCar!" LOL well before I even thought getting a license was possible.

Another MRICLE!!

NOTE: I have never seen so many blue flags waving frantically in my life LOL I'm use to being the fast car on track and it was something else being followed an inch from my bumper at 130 through corners and being passed OFF the track LOL when my foot was planted FIRMLY on the accelerator and I kept thinking... don't lift don't lift. LOL

Race #1 Video -- I was given "tips" before heading on track, it totally messed me up and some of my lines were garbage as a result.... oh well.
Probably only worth watching the start and FF to 17 min in, Sasha passes me then a bunch others.

Race #2 Video -- Was going awesome for about 5 laps, then I noticed, oh SNAP they forgot to put gas in the car! Then my head wasn't in it anymore, I was still going but lifting early in some places, I shifted into 4th once but realized that probably wasn't going to help much. Then when traffic came I went offline to let the group by and went into the marbles and subsequently nearly slid off the track (that shit is like ice).

Same as video one for the most part... I haven't watched it all yet... 18-22min is interesting, lots of getting blown by

June 25th, 2012, 03:54pm
Racing community UNITE!!

Glad i could help in some way, and glad you had an amazing time!

June 25th, 2012, 03:58pm
You're welcome!

June 25th, 2012, 04:20pm

June 26th, 2012, 11:28am
No probs!

June 26th, 2012, 02:46pm
Love seeing that foot stomp down on the gas at every chance! :D

July 1st, 2012, 09:38pm
That’s nice Wing. So now you race in a CTCC series, what’s that? That’s a Mazda 3 your racing?

July 1st, 2012, 11:02pm
CTCC is The Canadian Touring Car Championship its a professional race series. I only did the one race in mazda2

July 2nd, 2012, 08:54am
And that’s your car? Or do you convince a team owner to let you drive his car? How does that work? Very interesting story

July 2nd, 2012, 09:27am
Mazda Canada invited me to drive their car in the series for one event.

July 2nd, 2012, 09:33am
Oh yeah I read that tread, Congrats!! No chance of the happening to me with Subaru I tell you that much