View Full Version : iCar

June 25th, 2012, 02:01pm
Hey so I figured I'd let you guys know what I car is like in case anyone ever did want to go lapping there. It's actually really fun! They redesigned the track in 2011, it use to be more of a point and shoot type track, hard on brakes and tires, but it is much more open and flowing now and has highspeed sweepers, some low speed turns and a little bit of elevation that keeps you on your toes.

The surface doesn't seem to harsh on tires it's is like concrete, has good grip, had tons of rubber left on my car after 2 races, 2 practices, quali and 3 30 minute sessions on Friday.

Quick run down of the track, corner 1 is basically a 90 after a long straight, corner two is a quick sweeping left flat out, into three the track falls away from you, brake cut in and power out. Here is where it gets really fun, 4 is a flat out left (even in a mazda2 I was turning in at 110), then a flat out right (130 in the mazda2), then a long left hander continues the sequence, I just needed to lift in the mazda2 but yeah faster guys braking a bit and flowing through. Then a semi-longish straight. This leads into a double apex left (corner 7), a quick shot into a right and then a bowl type turn that takes balls. This goes into a tight 90 degree left and down another straight (there is a kink here but it's hardly worth mentioning).

On the straight now into a 2nd gear hairpin, then it is flat out with a high speed sweeping right down the front straight.

I'd say this track is a low to mid-speed track, I only needed 2nd and 3rd gear but with 100hp what do you expect. It seems really safe if you aren't being silly, I was driving the "track" at first then I saw that the fast guys were ummm using all of the surface, WELL beyond the track -- so I started to do so. That is not so safe, but if you stay within the boundaries defined by the track it is.

Trying to get a video online...

June 25th, 2012, 02:05pm
did you have time to try the karting too?

June 25th, 2012, 02:10pm
iCar karting was AWESOME when I did it last year :)

June 25th, 2012, 02:14pm
didn't try the karting but if Shawn say's it is awesome it probably is. ;)

I saw some kids doing it, looked fun.

Oh and distance wise, I'm in buttfuck west end and it's 200km door to door for me. Took me 2 hours 10 mins, not bad.