PDA

View Full Version : Time Attack - Saturday June 9 - Shannonville

Jethro
June 10th, 2012, 02:32pm
Was at Shannonville on Saturday to help out with the Time Attack event.

Busy day - lots of track time - Lapping in the morning in groups by class - to get baseline timing for grid order - and then timed runs in the afternoon. Rain/sun/rain made it interesting. A few people went off but nothing serious - just some agricultural work.

They ran the "pro" track - Turn 2 is pretty awesome - it's got a bit of banking - and you can really carry serious speed through there.

I got a chance to take some pictures in between grid setup -> I didn't get some of the really cool cars in the Mod classes (there was a guy there in a blue/white vette - apparently he's 80-85 yrs old - and still tearing up the track. Kit cars, a white radical with a hybrid v8 made out of 2 hyabusa motors - crazy...

MCO + M&M sponsored a BBQ dinner at the end of the day (50 - 60 ppl). Good times all around.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78270052@N03/sets/72157630095930222/

I'm gonna try this. looks like loads of fun. A similar event is going to be run at CMP in Sept.

t
June 10th, 2012, 05:37pm
Good work jj,

Keep me (us) in the loop with the sept date.

Word

T

1Morelap
June 10th, 2012, 06:12pm
These are a great time, awesome photos JRow. :)

p.s. sept 14th, same day as last GT race. http://forums.midnightruns.com/showthread.php?34302-%28TA%29-trackandtime-ca&highlight=trackandtime

not the same series, but it is bogie.

Mario
June 10th, 2012, 08:06pm
That looks like a lot of fun!

Mechs02
June 10th, 2012, 11:19pm
This is what i started doing, and its a ton of fun, especially weekend events where you get two days with the whole crew.

msix
June 11th, 2012, 11:12pm
Thanks Jeff for all your help and running an awesome BBQ for about 55 people. Well the BBQ was a piece of crap, but the steaks that you flipped were excellent. ... have your eyebrows recovered ??? :eyebrows:

The day was not easy, but I am glad you still enjoyed it. Hope you liked the few laps in my car. The organizer on Saturday was a bit funny, we usually have some extra lapping over the luch hour, but he did not want anyone out on that day ??? It was much better on Sunday ... (I organized)

A big THANK YOU! and nice pictures too

RandomHer0
June 12th, 2012, 08:39am
:like:

volvoline
June 12th, 2012, 11:04pm
nice job!