PDA

View Full Version : Sasha Anis - CSCS Lap Record

RandomHer0
September 26th, 2011, 05:33pm
Yeah yeah...I like his videos.

Dude fucken rips though, check out the footwork. Car sounds so mental too...

http://youtu.be/5v0hogSuYrg

http://sg-motorsport.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/wing-700x404.jpg

GIF-PWR
September 26th, 2011, 05:36pm
how come he gasses and brakes at the same time with his left foot?

Gojira
September 26th, 2011, 05:36pm
RH has a serious mancrush on this guy...

RandomHer0
September 26th, 2011, 05:39pm

Making sure the brakes are still there, usually from pad knockback. It becomes a habit...

RandomHer0
September 26th, 2011, 05:39pm
RH has a serious mancrush on this guy...

Yeah I know, but you gotta admit....hes a great driver.

GIF-PWR
September 26th, 2011, 05:41pm
im genuinely curious; I assume its a proper technique considering he owns the fastest lap... just curious why'd you'd do it... he appeared to be on the straights when he did.

RandomHer0
September 26th, 2011, 05:41pm
I answered your question. Research pad knockback.

http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp_knockback.shtml

GIF-PWR
September 26th, 2011, 05:43pm
Making sure the brakes are still there, usually from pad knockback. It becomes a habit...

makes sense; always good to know you still have brakes going into that corner at 200kmph lol

GIF-PWR

yea I saw ur reply but saw gojira's first for whatever reason. wasn't trying to annoy you or cause problems or anything

RandomHer0
lol all good

93GTCANADA
September 26th, 2011, 05:45pm
Calm the down g pew.

GIF-PWR
September 26th, 2011, 05:47pm
im so calm right now; calm like right after shooting some horse calm.

93GTCANADA
September 26th, 2011, 05:49pm
Luls.

1Morelap
September 26th, 2011, 07:31pm
luv that!

RandomHer0
September 26th, 2011, 09:47pm
http://www.sg-motorsport.com/?p=908

sb_915
September 26th, 2011, 09:53pm
sasha is awesome. I watched him drift his 350z at ICAR a few weeks back... that car sounds insane.

Jethro
September 26th, 2011, 10:16pm
I didn't know what the freaky brake behavior was on the CMP Mustangs till I read the knock back article.
Very disconcerting...I'd tap the pedal a lot too.

karmaboy
September 27th, 2011, 06:31am
I get the knockback idea...but he is clearly left foot braking in one corner, while still on the throttle. Obviously trying to minimize trailing throttle oversteer in a fast corner.
I've tried this...way harder than it looks. My muscle memory just won't allow me to do it...so that its an advantage on the track. I also find that I need to brace myself with the left foot while the right does all the braking.

RandomHer0
September 27th, 2011, 08:42am
Completely agree, in my mind left foot is for clutch, I have to focus on moving it over to the brake pedal, its a forced thought and feels awkward.

karmaboy
September 27th, 2011, 09:09am
My teammate comes from karting...where its totally natural to left foot brake. Its amazing how much faster he can do the T5 sequence at Mosport.

RandomHer0
September 27th, 2011, 09:15am
I have no fine control over my left foot, so if I do brake with it, its jerky and on/off haha

NoLimits Autoparts
September 27th, 2011, 09:48am

Cool article, learned something new today :)

sb_915
September 27th, 2011, 10:48am
I can't believe that dude is only 24 ...

GIF-PWR
September 27th, 2011, 11:26am
I get the knockback idea...but he is clearly left foot braking in one corner, while still on the throttle. Obviously trying to minimize trailing throttle oversteer in a fast corner.
I've tried this...way harder than it looks. My muscle memory just won't allow me to do it...so that its an advantage on the track. I also find that I need to brace myself with the left foot while the right does all the braking.

my first inclination was that it was to keep the car from breaking loose while still keeping the engine speed up to maintain boost levels; guess I wasn't too far off.

RandomHer0
September 27th, 2011, 11:27am
Brake boosting? Its an NA car.

I think you're joking though - no smiley.

GIF-PWR
September 27th, 2011, 11:28am
I have no fine control over my left foot, so if I do brake with it, its jerky and on/off haha

I was driving my mother's old mazda 6 a while back - automatic transmission... come up to a red light that I'm turning right at, and as I come up to the stop I fucking nailed the break like I was about to clutch, all 4 passengers got slight whiplash... myself included.

GIF-PWR
September 27th, 2011, 11:28am
Brake boosting? Its an NA car.

I think you're joking though - no smiley.

I just don't have sound at work - I was being serious, I just assumed it was boosted cuz it was racecar.

RandomHer0
September 27th, 2011, 11:30am
Ohhhh Ok. Man you need sound, you should hear that car scream.

GIF-PWR
September 27th, 2011, 11:31am
Ohhhh Ok. Man you need sound, you should hear that car scream.

I could move my headphones over to this computer... but then I'd have to be unplugging the sound on my pictures...

RandomHer0
September 27th, 2011, 11:34am
lol

feisar
September 27th, 2011, 03:08pm
cool. didn't know what he's been up to. saw him drifting in '05 at shannonville in a black S14 240sx. i think that was before sequence garage.

have seen the left foot braking on the straight before too, in option videos on tsukuba, also wasn't sure about that myself, at first i thought it had something to do with the balance of the car coming into the corner. also always thought residual valves in the brake lines would always keep the pads in check, learn something everyday!

Firewired
September 27th, 2011, 03:27pm

Practice with the truck this winter. Teeth in the dash the first few times but you'll get it quick. I learned and practiced with the service vans. luls where had as screws and shit flew off the shelves.

The BMW doesn't like it but my Mazda would rotate very well if you could time it properly.

Sent from my phone

RandomHer0
September 27th, 2011, 03:28pm
luls where had as screws and shit flew off the shelves.

:pound:

wing
September 27th, 2011, 04:30pm
Awesome video.

Left foot brake is even more challenging on the track than on the street I find.

I took a Cayman out with the PDK transmission and the Porsche guy said, he wanted me to left-foot brake. I said, no problem. He said, we are going to eat the dash, I said don't worry I've done it before. Look and boom we both ate the dash LOL.

Then on the track I found I wasn't braking ENOUGH! Yes I was braking smooth and hard, but I hit some corners a little hot / late it really messed my timing up.

TTC
September 27th, 2011, 09:25pm
That car looks like a rough ass ride lol

RandomHer0
September 27th, 2011, 10:15pm
Because..............

1Morelap
September 27th, 2011, 10:22pm
...............racecar

Left foot braking. I actually took my drivers ed courses all left foot braking.
I was told that was dumb and not to do that.
I did what I was told.
Imagine if I stuck with it.
those jerks.
youngdriversocanada can kiss my ass.

true story.

figo
September 27th, 2011, 10:35pm
I left foot brake my dd, the only "fun" thing with automatic.

I also do it with formula 2010 on ps3 lol

figo
September 27th, 2011, 10:37pm
Oh and that car sounds angry

RandomHer0
September 28th, 2011, 08:40am
...............racecar

Left foot braking. I actually took my drivers ed courses all left foot braking.
I was told that was dumb and not to do that.
I did what I was told.
Imagine if I stuck with it.
those jerks.
youngdriversocanada can kiss my ass.

true story.

lol. What would make you start doing that? Or was it a habit that just continued?

I think when you first start driving your inclined to use both feet.

93GTCANADA
September 28th, 2011, 09:28am
Ya I was thought at the age of 8 to drive with both feet I was driving an old olds big boat from the 70's. When I did my course they told me to stop and now I can't really do it anymore. My dad drove with both feet. I think it's an old school thing.

sb_915
September 28th, 2011, 10:08am
a lot of people still do it.... that's why you see their brake lights on while they're accelerating on the road :shocked:

That being said, it's fun to do in certain corner's