PDA

View Full Version : Circuit Mecaglisse, anyone tried?

Gojira
September 21st, 2011, 10:33am
A friend posted some pics from his day at Circuit Mecaglisse (1 hr north of MTL) last week and I thought the track looked pretty nice. Has anyone been there? What's it like? Surface condition?

Of course anyone here used to CMP will prob look down at anything shy of Tremblant or Mosport but this looks like a cool place.

Comments?
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k173/Frankiman/mecaglisse%2018%20sept%202011/IMG_8129.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k173/Frankiman/mecaglisse%2018%20sept%202011/IMG_8184.jpg

wing
September 21st, 2011, 12:48pm
It's like Auto-X without the cones.

GIF-PWR
September 21st, 2011, 12:59pm

sounds like they fixed everything wrong with auto-x!

Slick
September 21st, 2011, 01:10pm
It's a nice track, pretty smooth as I recall, great corners, some are pretty tight. It's like a shrunken version of a larger course. Flows very well. A couple of short straights where you can open it up (a bit). Technical and challenging. Miata-approved...

figo
September 21st, 2011, 01:25pm
looks like a karting track

Gojira
September 21st, 2011, 01:50pm
sounds like they fixed everything wrong with auto-x!

Haha, that was a good one :like:

Speaking of kart tracks, has anyone ever been to ICAR?

1Morelap
September 21st, 2011, 02:40pm

and they added tires. look at the runoff guys and ask Robin about his bumper.

Too far, too short for me. But the NCSC goes every year and they really like it. I'm sure it's fun.

-sent from my perch atop mountCMP. :P

Legacy
September 21st, 2011, 06:28pm
I've been many times and love it, your mileage may vary. No its not CMP but its light years better than any autox I've been too. Its more like a really big go-cart track than autox if you have to compare directly. There are tires to hit in some places if you go off, odds are you won't do much damage all things considered, the concrete walls at CMP or SMP will do much worse.There's plenty of turns, elevation changes to keep it fun all day, probably the biggest downside is there's only one straightaway and it doesn't last long. Geoff said I was hitting 140km tops when he sat as passenger so speeds are down compared to a big track but with all the corners its feels much faster.

Personally I go whenever I get the chance, cost is about $115 for a full day and you're looking at 2.5hrs to get there easy. Here's some video from my last time there, look like lap times are no more than 1 minute per. The advantage this has over larger tracks is you get to cover the same corners more often so you can master then a lot faster with repetition. Also a good track to learn lapping skills, speeds are lower & chance of damage decreases.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67xNAwTdouI

sb_915
September 22nd, 2011, 04:14pm

Yup - was there a few weeks ago with 8-legs... the kart track is awesome. I hear the race track is good too... flat, but good.

msix
September 24th, 2011, 04:43pm
Mecaglise in winter is awesome, great track conditions and huge snowbanks.
Never been there in the summer, but I imagine it would be more fun in a Go-Kart then in a car.

trd.ric
November 4th, 2011, 10:46pm
You can go there with a slow car and have a blast, I went with the Yaris and I loved it. I was chasing much faster cars (audi RS4 and bmw 3 series).those guy didnt like the track cuz they couldnt open it. I recommend for ppl that want to start and dont have power. U can learn how to handle tight corners like a champ with light cars

daft_mx5
November 4th, 2011, 11:38pm
You can go there with a slow car and have a blast, I went with the Yaris and I loved it. I was chasing much faster cars (audi RS4 and bmw 3 series).those guy didnt like the track cuz they couldnt open it. I recommend for ppl that want to start and dont have power. U can learn how to handle tight corners like a champ with light cars

Who are you? Intro. Rules.

T5shortblock
November 5th, 2011, 12:51am

yep, karting at Icar is awesome! Karts are pretty quick and the track is amazing. It's outside though, so not sure if it's still open.