PDA

View Full Version : My Best Lap at Bogie This Year

schmoo
September 3rd, 2011, 02:55pm
http://youtu.be/wdzhyuraKFc

East track video to follow.

Great event last night. I'd just like to smack the guy who broke the beer bottle and left it in the cooler. :nono:

My finger hurts like a mofo and that gash is gonna take forever to heal. :tsk:

RandomHer0
September 3rd, 2011, 03:25pm
What tires you running? You always slipper slidin' like that? Looks like a handful to drive.

Nice time and run!

1Morelap
September 3rd, 2011, 03:40pm
I felt bad for the beer. Now I feel bad about your finger.

schmoo
September 3rd, 2011, 03:43pm
Toyo R1R. The balance is pretty good right now, but the rear tires do get very hot and greasy. The R-S3s tend be more durable that way and hold on longer. I hate the Toyos.

schmoo
September 3rd, 2011, 03:50pm
http://youtu.be/0M5GQRi5se0

East track video. The only lap where I didn't encounter traffic.

1Morelap
September 3rd, 2011, 03:55pm
on east track, stay on the gas in 9a and into 15.. bet there's 1.5 seconds right there :)

schmoo
September 3rd, 2011, 04:02pm
I had on other laps... was a little too loose for comfort with the hot tires. Decided discretion is the better part of valour.

mphysk
September 3rd, 2011, 04:53pm
schmoo: slipper slider

t
September 3rd, 2011, 05:01pm
"Discretion is the better part of valour"

could have used that in the bedroom last nite.

t

xenon
September 3rd, 2011, 06:08pm
What do you use to capture all that data on the video?

schmoo
September 3rd, 2011, 11:09pm
What do you use to capture all that data on the video?

It's an AiM Smartycam, which contains a GPS unit and accelerometers. It does timing, gps speed, g-loads. The engine, throttle, gear, temperature data comes from the cars ECU via an AiM MXL datalogger/dash. Let me know if you have specific questions.

xenon
September 4th, 2011, 12:20am
It's an AiM Smartycam, which contains a GPS unit and accelerometers. It does timing, gps speed, g-loads. The engine, throttle, gear, temperature data comes from the cars ECU via an AiM MXL datalogger/dash. Let me know if you have specific questions.

Sick. I had no idea this was possible. Thanks for sharing.

schmoo
September 4th, 2011, 12:25am
No prob. One thing to note. The data is overlaid into the video on real time. No post-production at all.