PDA

View Full Version : Porsche on Fire!!

t
August 19th, 2011, 11:10pm
Thanx to all who helped me when my engine bay got a little hot on the way home from CMP today.

Cracked the fuel rail...but well worth it.

Many people stopped to see if I was okay....something the Ferrari group would never do.

To the guy who gave me the fire-extinguisher - proper recognition - SAVED THE DAY - if I owe you more $$ pls let me know.

Great session gang.

t

1Morelap
August 19th, 2011, 11:16pm
I rolled up when you were getting on the tow truck, so awesome to hear everyone helpin you out.

gchislett
August 19th, 2011, 11:59pm
Was that you stopped by the bridge/traffic light? It looked like you were cleaning your windows. I thought it a strange place to stop to clean windows, but the thumbs up kept me on my way. Well, that and the light just turned yellow. I had a fire extinguisher in the trailer too. Sorry buddy. I should have stopped anyway.

t
August 20th, 2011, 07:25am
Cleaning the windows to hide all the fire extinguisher powder. Installing my new SPEEDMERCHANTS plate cover. Wiping things down.....

To kill time before the tow truck came.

The thumbs up sign is the international notification that all is okay and I'm a tad embarrassed..........

cheers

t

NTIMD8
August 20th, 2011, 09:16am
Crap! Sorry to hear that. I saw you (was int he Yellow RX7) and was going to pull over but I saw you give Armando in the black Miata a sign like everything was okay so kept on going. Hope the damage is minimal.

RandomHer0
August 20th, 2011, 09:23am
Ahhh I gave you the thumbs up too (G35) to see if you were OK, you said thanks!

Glad all is good dude, I would have stopped to help 100% if you needed something.

NTIMD8
August 20th, 2011, 09:56am
I didnt make eye contact and then floored it out of there.

Gojira
August 20th, 2011, 11:01am
Glad you made it home at a decent time. Carey, his car was the one I asked you about (leaking fuel rail). I should have known fire was bound to happen.

Good guys here.

Posted from my iPhone

yanrider
August 20th, 2011, 11:35am
I roll up "you ok man?" "Ya just a car fire nothing I can't handle but thanks for asking" lol

Coolest porsche guy I ever met

RandomHer0
August 20th, 2011, 12:39pm
Srsly, way to nice LOL I always carry an extinguisher as well after that time that thing happened.

Lizard King
August 21st, 2011, 09:55pm
Srsly, way to nice LOL I always carry an extinguisher as well after that time that thing happened.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Firewired
August 22nd, 2011, 09:39am
loop---------------------------------------me

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=45.247283,-75.907934
- Sent from my phone

Mechs02
August 22nd, 2011, 10:20am
I was stuck behind a really slow guy as we were getting to the light, and i was busy watching it turn yellow and ramping up to rush through when i noticed you... and was too far to even slow or ask if you needed help. But i looked in the rearview to see Pat (black 350/370Z...sorry not much of a Datsun guy :P) stop and give you the questioning thumbs up or down... when i saw all was ok, i kept on moving... otherwise i was stopping on the otherside of the bridge and walking back... Glad to hear all worked out.