PDA

View Full Version : Drag Racing at Picton Airport

ProjectB4C
September 20th, 2010, 08:50pm
I know some guys from Kingston who run ArmDrop, they rented out the airport in Picton (about 2 - 2.5 hours away) for drag racing on the 25th. If anyone wants to go I'm headin down to have a go should be fun.

the add:

Join us for a day of ľ mile drag racing at the historic Picton Air field on Sept 25 2010

The gang from Armdrop.com will be holding drags from 12-5pm gates open at 10am

Racers $20 (includes dash plaque)
Spectators $5 kids 12 & under FREE

This event is open to street cars & race cars (slicks & open tubes ok)

Trophies for:

King of the street
King of the Strip (race cars)
Fastest Sport Compact
Fastest Mustang
Fastest Camaro
Fastest Truck
Fastest Diesel Truck
Fastest Factory Appearing Muscle Car

If you have a cool car and donít want to race at this one, bring it out, we will have a special parking area close to the action & lots of trailer parking & lots of great photo ops !

Cool Armdrop T shirts will be available for $15 !!

Bring a lawn chair

Armdrop is a not for profit group that is dedicated to taking the street to the strip and promoting the sport of safe drag racing.

Be a part of the first airport drag day in many years and help us make this a regular event !!

For chat & other info check out www.ktownracescene.com (http://www.ktownracescene.com) and www.armdrop.com (http://www.armdrop.com)

Airport Address
343 County Road 22 (Church Street) Picton Ontario

1Morelap
September 20th, 2010, 09:42pm
well that's just awesome.

NTIMD8
September 20th, 2010, 09:50pm
Cool

ProjectB4C
September 21st, 2010, 11:51pm
*THIS JUST IN*

Canadian Hot Rod Magazine has jumped behind the event and will be doing a feature so go ahead and put that extra coat of wax on. They will be playing a larger roll in future events.

If anyone wants to cruise down there with me just let me know and we'll set up a time and place to meet. I live in Greely.

HOLESHOT
September 22nd, 2010, 08:25am
I will be in for future events once my engine is built.

awndray
September 22nd, 2010, 10:12am
Riiight :P